5th Ward Alderman to Resign due to Re...
5TH WARD RESIDENT

Chicago, IL

#21 Nov 12, 2012
Whats the Problem her folks. If the law allows him to temporarily move out of the ward then he is entitled to do so. Don't try and make this out to be more then what it is. The man did nothing illegal and should be left alone.Shame on some of you people who are trying to turn this into a
scandalous story. You need to spend more time researching the law before you speak.
rodman

Oak Forest, IL

#22 Nov 12, 2012
5TH WARD RESIDENT wrote:
Whats the Problem her folks. If the law allows him to temporarily move out of the ward then he is entitled to do so. Don't try and make this out to be more then what it is. The man did nothing illegal and should be left alone.Shame on some of you people who are trying to turn this into a
scandalous story. You need to spend more time researching the law before you speak.
Amen! He's a man that has worked 8+ years in law enforcement and continues to work aggressively to stop retail theft. Even if he does not reside in Oak Forest, he continues to work aggressively here and be an active part of Oak Forest.
resident

Oak Forest, IL

#23 Nov 12, 2012
rodman wrote:
<quoted text>Amen! He's a man that has worked 8+ years in law enforcement and continues to work aggressively to stop retail theft. Even if he does not reside in Oak Forest, he continues to work aggressively here and be an active part of Oak Forest.
Alderman Ensing probably does more work then the aldermen that live here. Just sayin!
5TH WARD RESIDENT

Chicago, IL

#24 Nov 12, 2012
Ancel Glink Attorneys

Municipal Law
For additional information about the knowledge and experience of Ancel Glink attorneys in representing municipalities, you can download one of ten pamphlets from the Ancel Glink Library. Two publications which may be of special interest to officials are the 2009 Guide for Newly-Elected Officials and the pamphlet containing answers to 230 questions.
Can

Frequently Asked Questions About Municipal Law
1. An alderman separates from his wife and family, and temporarily rents an apartment in a nearby community, while looking for accommodations in his ward. Can the alderman continue in office?

ANSWER: Yes. The alderman can continue in office. Generally, the test of residency in a municipality requires physical presence within the municipality with the permanent intention to remain in the community. See People ex rel. Ward v. Tueffel, 334 Ill.App.626; People ex rel. Reid v. Thomas, 2 Ill.Dec. 85. In this situation, the alderman is temporarily located outside of the municipality, seeking to resume residency within the municipality.
mind your own business

Midlothian, IL

#25 Nov 12, 2012
The post from "Daisy Duke" doesn't make any since, but I can figure out that they do not like the current administration at all or any of the representatives. You sound like a very educated person. Have you attended any meetings or city functions to address your concerns over the "laughing stock of the South Side?" And, by the way, Mr. Ensing does not live in Orland Park.
Neighbor

Forest Park, IL

#26 Nov 12, 2012
Is this being brought up in an attempt to put less focus on Lake Emily?
Deakre wrote:
Since the 5th Ward Alderman no longer resides in the Ward, is fair to say that he will be resigning and a special election to be held?
When an elected official is no longer a resident of the ward he was elected to serve, is not an obligation to step forward and resign his position!
Or will the current administration just sweep it under the table like all the things they do? When will the building on Cicero the city purchased have a new tenant? Probably the same sweeping as the alderman's residency!
Greg thomas

United States

#28 Nov 12, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Just another thing to add to the list of embarrassing things this administration has done or will try to do. The Mayor or whatever alderman he got to post this think the residents are idiots. You have one alderman that isn't a rubber stamper and asks questions and you are trying to get rid of him. Afraid he will run for Mayor? Maybe he should. It is sad that our Mayor doesn't know the law. Look it up in the State Statutes. The Alderman is not kbreaking any law if he has TEMPORARILY moved from his ward say for a life changing event. One would hope before adding this to the agenda some research would have been done. Was the attorney asked about this? What did he say? Did the Mayor ignore him just to try to create an issue? Where were all the high paid assistants? No one checked the law? Backfire! In an attempt to sully this alderman it has just proven once again how badly this administration needs to be replaced!
<quoted text>
He moved out now he should come clean and resign his seat. He has done nothing for this ward and it's residents except be an embaeassment.
Always 1

Chicago, IL

#29 Nov 12, 2012
Don't you think that this is out of hand..The 5th ward aldermen needs to step down if in fact he doesn't live in the fifth ward. he also needs to keep his household off this thing. People are really mean. We hurt those Children by what we say on this thing.
Now let me tell you what I think! Yes he needs to step down,he need to build his life and not worry about those of us that are paying taxes that he voted for,with the Water rates,the Emily, the hiring of a 5th ward aldermen to a job within City hall that wasn't put out to BID,nor did anyone know about it till after they were given the JOB. You say he's good for us the taxpayers..I don't think so but then we don't want someone we didn't elect up there now do we? The Mayor needs to get his STUFF together.we bought a building on Cicero ave,now the people they were trying to help BACKED out NOW what Mr.Mayor..Maybe you can help somene else and Yes Ensinger voted for that .Now no taxes coming in.Another DEAD HORSE. Oh well as she said no-one knowswhat they are doing. They get 8.000.00 a year..We get a SHOVEL.......
Old timer

Melrose Park, IL

#30 Nov 12, 2012
Always 1 wrote:
Don't you think that this is out of hand..The 5th ward aldermen needs to step down if in fact he doesn't live in the fifth ward. he also needs to keep his household off this thing. People are really mean. We hurt those Children by what we say on this thing.
Now let me tell you what I think! Yes he needs to step down,he need to build his life and not worry about those of us that are paying taxes that he voted for,with the Water rates,the Emily, the hiring of a 5th ward aldermen to a job within City hall that wasn't put out to BID,nor did anyone know about it till after they were given the JOB. You say he's good for us the taxpayers..I don't think so but then we don't want someone we didn't elect up there now do we? The Mayor needs to get his STUFF together.we bought a building on Cicero ave,now the people they were trying to help BACKED out NOW what Mr.Mayor..Maybe you can help somene else and Yes Ensinger voted for that .Now no taxes coming in.Another DEAD HORSE. Oh well as she said no-one knowswhat they are doing. They get 8.000.00 a year..We get a SHOVEL.......
Why Verla your still alive. Your rants are second to none and as incoherent as ever. No one has seen you live in your house for a couple of years yet you still stick your nose in Oak Forest business. Why don't you get on your broom and go back to some haunted forest. You are one of the reasons that this town is so far behind.
Neighbor

Forest Park, IL

#31 Nov 13, 2012
He doesn't need to step down. Keep his household off this thing? You think he started this, you are delusional. The City hired him to do a job that wasn't put to bid? What was that? Are you aware of what needs to be put to bid? Are you sure you want to open that can of worms? Get his name correct too.
Always 1 wrote:
Neighbor

Forest Park, IL

#32 Nov 13, 2012
That's pretty funny but I don't think it's her. I could read it and understand it.
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Verla your still alive. Your rants are second to none and as incoherent as ever. No one has seen you live in your house for a couple of years yet you still stick your nose in Oak Forest business. Why don't you get on your broom and go back to some haunted forest. You are one of the reasons that this town is so far behind.
Greg thomas

United States

#33 Nov 13, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
He doesn't need to step down. Keep his household off this thing? You think he started this, you are delusional. The City hired him to do a job that wasn't put to bid? What was that? Are you aware of what needs to be put to bid? Are you sure you want to open that can of worms? Get his name correct too.
<quoted text>
Keep his household out of this? His household is the reason he needs to step down... Its NOT in oak forest and hasn't been in nearly two years.
what happened

Harvey, IL

#34 Nov 13, 2012
Where is Post 27? Someone told me the alderman responded but it is missing now. Who would have done that?
OF Resident

Harvey, IL

#36 Nov 13, 2012
I saw a post from Alderman Ensing, stating he would be more than happy to talk to anyone who called him in regards to this matter. He even listed his phone number for everyone to see..... Isn't it funny that his comment was removed from this post???? Is it because the hater doesn't want anyone to know the truth!!!!!!!!!!
4th Ward Resident

Chicago, IL

#37 Nov 13, 2012
OF Resident wrote:
I saw a post from Alderman Ensing, stating he would be more than happy to talk to anyone who called him in regards to this matter. He even listed his phone number for everyone to see..... Isn't it funny that his comment was removed from this post???? Is it because the hater doesn't want anyone to know the truth!!!!!!!!!!
Are Phone numbers or email addresses allowed on this sight due to "rules of use"? That is more likely why that post was pulled than any other reason! The truth, that is the weirdest statement in the whole posting here, our elected officials don't seem to worry about the truth, just want to make up their own version of it! Alderman Ensing is probably more than happy to have moved out of the community at this point! He is the only Alderman to speak up about issues, unlike those others on the council! I wish him the best and hope we can find someone that will stick up for the taxpayers, not the rubber stamp folks they have now! Thanks Alderman Ensing, we need more like you and less like the current group!
Neighbor

Chicago, IL

#38 Nov 13, 2012
Amen! Hopefully he sees that. Again, shame on the Mayor and whatever alderman that are trying to make this an issue! We will find out shortly. Still would like to know if they consulted the attorneys and this is just a smear campaign. Lots of ethics if that's the case. Why don't they worry about all these unmarked vehicles running around the state for anything BUT City business! If I needed a bigger vehicle for my kid's athletic equipment, I'd buy it on my own, but I'm not a friend of the Mayor either.
4th Ward Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Phone numbers or email addresses allowed on this sight due to "rules of use"? That is more likely why that post was pulled than any other reason! The truth, that is the weirdest statement in the whole posting here, our elected officials don't seem to worry about the truth, just want to make up their own version of it! Alderman Ensing is probably more than happy to have moved out of the community at this point! He is the only Alderman to speak up about issues, unlike those others on the council! I wish him the best and hope we can find someone that will stick up for the taxpayers, not the rubber stamp folks they have now! Thanks Alderman Ensing, we need more like you and less like the current group!
Greg thomas

United States

#39 Nov 13, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
Amen! Hopefully he sees that. Again, shame on the Mayor and whatever alderman that are trying to make this an issue! We will find out shortly. Still would like to know if they consulted the attorneys and this is just a smear campaign. Lots of ethics if that's the case. Why don't they worry about all these unmarked vehicles running around the state for anything BUT City business! If I needed a bigger vehicle for my kid's athletic equipment, I'd buy it on my own, but I'm not a friend of the Mayor either.
<qquoted text>
What your not seeming to understand is he moved out of the ward by his own choice.... If he has lived in SF since the break up why would you move out of town now? It's not an emergency situation so it's not covered by the "temporary" situation.
the best man

Oak Forest, IL

#42 Nov 13, 2012
Greg thomas wrote:
<quoted text>What your not seeming to understand is he moved out of the ward by his own choice.... If he has lived in SF since the break up why would you move out of town now? It's not an emergency situation so it's not covered by the "temporary" situation.
The law states a "life changing event". The man got married again and is with his new wife. Do you not see that 1+1=2 and that the new wife does not live in town.... Therefore a life changing event.
While we are at it

Chicago, IL

#43 Nov 13, 2012
I don't know if this is true or not, but just heard Toland isn't living at home either. As I said don't know if its true or a rumor in response to this but sure would be interesting.
Deakre wrote:
Since the 5th Ward Alderman no longer resides in the Ward, is fair to say that he will be resigning and a special election to be held?
When an elected official is no longer a resident of the ward he was elected to serve, is not an obligation to step forward and resign his position!
Or will the current administration just sweep it under the table like all the things they do? When will the building on Cicero the city purchased have a new tenant? Probably the same sweeping as the alderman's residency!
Greg thomas

United States

#44 Nov 14, 2012
No wonder he was such an Ensing supporter last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Degenerates Post Here 2 hr Word 3
The Truth About Meadows Golf Course 3 hr Take Away 99
No Cigar 13 hr Where r they 1
News Teen Sat For the Pledge Because 'America Sucks'... (Aug '17) Sat Concerned 42
good stuff (Jan '13) Fri Donny J T 5
This forum is sad Fri Donny J T 2
Dr. Carol Crum for District 130 Superintendent Fri Scoots94 18

Markham Jobs

Personal Finance

Markham Mortgages