5th Ward Alderman to Resign due to Residency Issue!

Posted in the Markham Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Deakre

Oak Forest, IL

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Since the 5th Ward Alderman no longer resides in the Ward, is fair to say that he will be resigning and a special election to be held?

When an elected official is no longer a resident of the ward he was elected to serve, is not an obligation to step forward and resign his position!

Or will the current administration just sweep it under the table like all the things they do? When will the building on Cicero the city purchased have a new tenant? Probably the same sweeping as the alderman's residency!
INFO

AOL

#2 Nov 10, 2012
It's on the agenda for Tues. Check the city web site, download the public info packet, and read last 3 pages. Interesting reading, Try watching Tues. for further clarification.
Neighbor

Oak Forest, IL

#3 Nov 10, 2012
Just another thing to add to the list of embarrassing things this administration has done or will try to do. The Mayor or whatever alderman he got to post this think the residents are idiots. You have one alderman that isn't a rubber stamper and asks questions and you are trying to get rid of him. Afraid he will run for Mayor? Maybe he should. It is sad that our Mayor doesn't know the law. Look it up in the State Statutes. The Alderman is not breaking any law if he has TEMPORARILY moved from his ward say for a life changing event. One would hope before adding this to the agenda some research would have been done. Was the attorney asked about this? What did he say? Did the Mayor ignore him just to try to create an issue? Where were all the high paid assistants? No one checked the law? Backfire! In an attempt to sully this alderman it has just proven once again how badly this administration needs to be replaced!
Deakre wrote:
Since the 5th Ward Alderman no longer resides in the Ward, is fair to say that he will be resigning and a special election to be held?
When an elected official is no longer a resident of the ward he was elected to serve, is not an obligation to step forward and resign his position!
Or will the current administration just sweep it under the table like all the things they do? When will the building on Cicero the city purchased have a new tenant? Probably the same sweeping as the alderman's residency!
lunie town

Oak Forest, IL

#4 Nov 11, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Just another thing to add to the list of embarrassing things this administration has done or will try to do. The Mayor or whatever alderman he got to post this think the residents are idiots. You have one alderman that isn't a rubber stamper and asks questions and you are trying to get rid of him. Afraid he will run for Mayor? Maybe he should. It is sad that our Mayor doesn't know the law. Look it up in the State Statutes. The Alderman is not breaking any law if he has TEMPORARILY moved from his ward say for a life changing event. One would hope before adding this to the agenda some research would have been done. Was the attorney asked about this? What did he say? Did the Mayor ignore him just to try to create an issue? Where were all the high paid assistants? No one checked the law? Backfire! In an attempt to sully this alderman it has just proven once again how badly this administration needs to be replaced!
So we are talking about alderman ensing ? Does anyone know his situation? Is his move temporary? Is he still in Oak Forest ? He is not my alderman but I would support him if he decided to run for mayor. I like what I see when I have watched council meetings. Many times he is the only alderman that even questions things

I am sure Hank realizes he is a credible threat for the mayoral election
resident

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 11, 2012
What's the reason for the Alderman moving?
support

Alsip, IL

#6 Nov 11, 2012
I would support Alderman Ensing if he were to fight to keep his alderman position. He is a good person and has good intentions for the people of his ward. If he chooses to resign I hope it's motivated by his own personal reasons, not forced by the city. He is not afraid to speak his opinion and to question reasons behind things.
Just Wondering

Oak Forest, IL

#7 Nov 11, 2012
I did as the other poster suggested and looked up the state statute and they are correct. A temporary move is allowed. I don't know what the situation is that made him have to move. Is the Mayor saying that if an alderman suffered a house fire or something and needed to be out of their house he would seek to replace them too? Just the fact that this administration is ignorant of the law is shameful. If they are ignorant on this subject what else are they ignorant about? If they knew that it was within the law and still are choosing to make an issue of it, well that speaks loud and clear as to our mayor's and any other alderman that jumps on this witch hunt bandwagon character and ethics. Not what they said they were at all. I have a prior commitment or I would be there for this meeting. I hope someone asks the question if they were aware of the law and when. Why this is in the agenda. Shame on all of them! Keep asking questions Mr. Alderman, you must indeed be a threat!
Also, isn't the City crying broke all the time? Yet they want to incur the expense of a Special Election? Did they sell one of the buildings they purchased?
Deakre wrote:
Neighbor

Oak Forest, IL

#8 Nov 11, 2012
He doesn't have to fight for anything. He is within the law. The Statute doesn't even state how long "temporary" is. I wonder if he has any legal recourse here. He probably wouldn't go down that road because he cares about the residents and wouldn't want them to pay for something like that. Still would be interesting to know if the Mayor exposed us to that risk.
support wrote:
I would support Alderman Ensing if he were to fight to keep his alderman position. He is a good person and has good intentions for the people of his ward. If he chooses to resign I hope it's motivated by his own personal reasons, not forced by the city. He is not afraid to speak his opinion and to question reasons behind things.
Another resident

Oak Forest, IL

#9 Nov 11, 2012
It's not a temporary move so he should step down. He left his wife & kids for another woman. Tried to have it both ways with his secret girlfriend and even promised to work it out with his wife, but couldn't give up his fun on the side. Just another upstanding man representing Oak Forest.
still a good person

Alsip, IL

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Alderman Ensing's personal life is no business of anyone's except how he represents his ward. Do you know all of the details of everything that happened? Then keep your comments to yourself or go to this meeting where he will be called to step down and make your opinions and opposition to him known.
just ask

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 11, 2012
Another resident wrote:
It's not a temporary move so he should step down. He left his wife & kids for another woman. Tried to have it both ways with his secret girlfriend and even promised to work it out with his wife, but couldn't give up his fun on the side. Just another upstanding man representing Oak Forest.
Just brake my heart to see these men who can't take care of home. BUT are so upstanding!!!!!
So what make the new women think she the only one?
OF Resident

Oak Forest, IL

#12 Nov 11, 2012
The man got married. Why don't you bunch of haters, get your facts together before you post crap you no nothing about. I only wish this man could be my alderman. He is the only one who has the balls to stand up to our piece of crap administration!!! Get a life people!!!!
OF Resident

Oak Forest, IL

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Another resident wrote:
Shame on you for spreading such nonsense!!!! Would love to know what administration hater posted this one!!!!
OF Resident

Oak Forest, IL

#14 Nov 11, 2012
Hey Mayor, you scared Alderman Ensing is going to take your job????? God knows he would do a better job then you have!
INFO

Oak Forest, IL

#15 Nov 11, 2012
still a good person wrote:
Alderman Ensing's personal life is no business of anyone's except how he represents his ward. Do you know all of the details of everything that happened? Then keep your comments to yourself or go to this meeting where he will be called to step down and make your opinions and opposition to him known.
Not to agree or disagree, but do you feel the same way about Jesse jr.? How about every other politician that has stepped on this type of IED, some survived, some didn't. Just a thought, but if state politicans could move out of their district and keep their elected job by just saying "I'm going to move back"... what do think of that picture ? As history has taught us, the day you put your name on a ballot, the standard of behavior changes. Right or wrong,true or false, It goes with the territory every day in the court of public opinion! And the fact that the guy is devoted enough to the people of Oak Forest to want to do what it takes to remain in office, could be considered quite admirable.
Neighbor

Oak Forest, IL

#16 Nov 11, 2012
You know it's not temporary how? Even if what you state is true, doesn't mean he is going to live outside the ward. Who cares if another woman was involved. No one knows the whole story except for those involved. Where you in his home to see the relationship between he and his wife? No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Takes two to make a marriage, two to break one up. Is it ideal? Absolutely not, but unfortunately it happens these days. So we keep a president in office but we are supposed to out an alderman? No one is even arrested for adultery anymore. We hand out jobs and vehicles left and right in this City but we are going to complain about this? If this is true? How does it hurt the taxpayer? This just makes me more ashamed of the administration for airing his personal dirty laundry. Is this one of the best days of your life, Mayor, I think not. Drop it.
Another resident wrote:
Neighbor

Oak Forest, IL

#17 Nov 11, 2012
"Breaks" your heart to see men who can't take care of home? Not to defend this allegation, but if both parties were taking care of home, divorce lawyers wouldn't exist. Careful when casting stones, you never know what they will hit.
just ask wrote:
<quoted text>
Just brake my heart to see these men who can't take care of home. BUT are so upstanding!!!!!
So what make the new women think she the only one?
Rodman

Oak Forest, IL

#18 Nov 12, 2012
The divorce and reasons behind it are a personal and private matter between the the two parties, Alderman Ensing and his wife. Remember, they have 2 children involved and everyone should respect Alderman Ensings privacy for the sake of his kids. He continues to have a vested interest in Oak Forest and his ward because his children still reside there. Apparently, he and his ex are amicable due to the fact they were all seen together along with the new wife on Halloween. Alderman Ensing continues to be active in the community with organizational sports (raiders and fury) and continues to respond to citizen calls in person. Has anyone thought that his recent move is temporary? It sounds like people are scared that someone who opens his mouth and is not a "yes" man can still be dedicated to Oak Forest politics because he cares. Sounds like people want old politics around so nothing new can happen in Oak Forest. Leave the man and his family alone and let's move FORWARD!
Dasiy Duke

Oak Forest, IL

#19 Nov 12, 2012
Really, Really. One should not stick their NOSE in that kind of stuff. What one must do is clean up that DIAS>>>> All of them need to go. WE have had no representation since Mayor Jesk,Malecky ETC> left. They took but they also gave back. This BOBO isn't doing anything.OOOPPPSSS Sorry he and Clem, along with Clemons are making an arssssssssssssssssssssssssss of themself on this A.C.Variety. Oh well Oak Forst is the laughing stock of the South Side. Happy Turkey to u all. Maybe Mr.Ensing lives in Orland Park...ooooo-pppps did I say that?
Patch is silent

Madison, WI

#20 Nov 12, 2012
Patch has nothing to say on this. If you've ever needed final proof that Patch is tied into city hall, then here it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min not the brightest 50,009
Question, does your Alderman call you back? 7 min Tina 2
BBQ on the hill 10 min Sarah 4
Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club is a joke! 1 hr Ned 6
Officer Fitzgerald 2 hr watch dog 6
Justice for Carlos Salgado (Jun '11) 2 hr Follow the Evidence 64
FBI investigating Oak Lawn Trustee Bob Streit (Dec '12) 10 hr Right NOW and THEN 22

Markham Jobs

Markham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Markham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Markham

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]