the truth

Alsip, IL

#21 Mar 3, 2012
if you think the amish are so great why dont u do the good people of midlothian a favor and go live with them jack ass
vote

Midlothian, IL

#22 Mar 3, 2012
Heres one for you. A union shop builds a Dave and Buster business. A building inspector shows up at several stages of the building process to make sure it is done right. If something is wrong the process is halted and is then corrected.

A non-union shop builds a Dave and Buster business. A building inspector shows up at several stages of the building process to make sure it is done right. If something is wrong the process is halted and is then corrected.

What is the difference? The union shop charges millions more than the non-union shop. Same building same quality.The inspectors don't inspect buildings any different whether they are union or not. Why isn't non-union labor as accepted? Because a portion of the millions more that go to the unions go to the corrupt government cartel so they can continue to be re-elected. Remember this country in the beginning was founded and built with raw strength, determination, and a will to be free. There were no unions in the beginning and somehow things still got done.I will say Unions were needed at the dawn of when the unions were started and guess what they were working for safer work conditions not for padding their fat pensions and salaries. The unions of then and now are to different animals completely.
vote

Midlothian, IL

#23 Mar 3, 2012
Here is another of many results of Union effectiveness.

2012 BankruptcyBy December 2011 it was reported that Hostess Brands was on the verge of filing for bankruptcy a second time after it suspended payments for union pensions and was struggling to remain current on its $700 million loan.[12]

On January 10, 2012 Hostess Brands filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy for the second time. In a statement in its filing, the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules." The company said it employs 19,000 people and carries more than $860 million in debt. The company said it would continue to operate with $75 million debtor-in-possession financing from Monarch Alternative Capital, Silver Point Capital and other investors.[3]

What will these Union workers have when the company just disolves. No jobs for them. I would work for half of the wages these workers and still have a wonderful living. Oh Why? Because I know how to live within my means.
Miss Jackson

Dolton, IL

#24 Mar 16, 2012
the truth wrote:
TO ALL THAT APPOSE, UNIONS SET A SCALE FOR EVERYONE WEATHER UNION OR NOT I GUESS YOU ARE USE TO MAKING EIGHT DOLLARS AN HOUR WITH NO INSURANCE AND NO RETIREMENT
Apparently, the union didn't teach grammar or spelling, because you write like an eight year old. Perhaps if you communicated more intelligently your point would be taken seriously. Please take note of the listed errors.
#Oppose
#whether
#pour
#gobacktoschoolunionboy
Concerned

Tinley Park, IL

#25 Mar 27, 2012
vote wrote:
Heres one for you. A union shop builds a Dave and Buster business.building inspector shows up at several stages of the building process to make sure it is done right. If something is wrong the process is halted and is then corrected.
A non-union shop builds a Dave and Buster business. A building inspector shows up at several stages of the building process to make sure it is done right. If something is wrong the is halted and is then corrected.
What is the difference? The union shop charges millions more than the non-union shop. Same building same quality.The inspectors don't inspect buildings any different whether they are union or not. Why isn't non-union labor as accepted? Because a portion of the millions more that go to the unions go to the corrupt government cartel so they can continue to be re-elected. Remember this country in the beginning was founded and built with raw strength, determination, and a will to be free. There were no unions in the beginning and somehow things still got done.I will say Unions were needed at the dawn of when the unions were started and guess what they were working for safer work conditions not for padding their fat pensions and salaries. The unions of then and now are to different animals completely.
what's wrong with earning a decent living? Don't you want health care? Don't you want something besides social security,? Quit bashing the hard working,tax paying, members of society, who contribute to their community and state. Stop Beating up on the hard working members of this great state!
Chris

Monee, IL

#26 Aug 11, 2012
So if you're not union, you don't deserve to have a job? Your family doesn't deserve a roof over their heads, or food on their table? Non-union workers are less worthy of the American dream than union workers? I happen to know plenty of non-union workers that were union until they couldn't pay their bills because they weren't working. Where was their precious union then? They had to do what they could to survive. I don't think because you are union that you deserve more than anyone else. And just because they are working now and you aren't, doesn't give you a right to judge them for working to make a living.
Wtf

Palos Heights, IL

#27 Aug 11, 2012
Are you serious? DAVE AND BUSTERS IS AWESOME!!! I'm glad I can finally go there without having to take a half hour trip into the city! Its about time they put something fun in the suburbs!
Midloguy30

Midlothian, IL

#28 Aug 12, 2012
Chris wrote:
So if you're not union, you don't deserve to have a job? Your family doesn't deserve a roof over their heads, or food on their table? Non-union workers are less worthy of the American dream than union workers? I happen to know plenty of non-union workers that were union until they couldn't pay their bills because they weren't working. Where was their precious union then? They had to do what they could to survive. I don't think because you are union that you deserve more than anyone else. And just because they are working now and you aren't, doesn't give you a right to judge them for working to make a living.
Most nonunion construction workers have no retirement or health insurance. These nonunion shop owners are scumbags.
when

Alsip, IL

#29 Aug 13, 2012
does anyone know when the new dave and busters will be opening?
anti union

United States

#30 Aug 13, 2012
Can't wait to support an anti union company!!!!
Chuck

Midlothian, IL

#31 Aug 13, 2012
anti union wrote:
Can't wait to support an anti union company!!!!
I'll meet You there for lunch.
wow

Midlothian, IL

#32 Aug 13, 2012
dang
be aware

Orland Park, IL

#33 Aug 14, 2012
What this is basically. you Are Favor Of union busting and you are not old enough to know.That unions protect workers rights.like your days off vacation time.benefits etc. perhas you are a republican and you in favor of union busting. So you might like ryan, mitt romney side kick. so when you vote republican it would benefit you since you are part of the poulation that earns more than $250 thou. when they do tax reform when elections are over it would benfit you.perhaps you are well to do you have a 401k and a personel retirement plan. apparently you have no one that you know that recieves medicare or you have no intention of recieving medicare.Another issue that the republicans want to do away with.unfortunatly for those who did not have pensions that unions fought for well, cut off their benefits and let them die this way there is no choice between food and meds because they wont be able to afford meds or healthcare.slowly some people are not aware of the slow striping of workers rights .Since it hs become the norm since jobs are scarce.And most youth dont have sense enough to THINK long term only a hand to mouth existense. They have the attidude and one reasons union busting is occuring.And as for the comment about teacher Il. has one of this country strongest unions,goverment workers ,its at the top not the low ranking your everday workers the working class think. .
thetruthhurts

Midlothian, IL

#34 Aug 14, 2012
It's sad people all these people that diss the unions must have gone to a shitty school because they forget that less than a hundred years ago children aged 6-11 were picking fruit in Michigan for pennies a day...
I guess we can be like Mexico or Russia or how about Brazil pay our cops nothing & let them side with the organized crime to make a decent living...it's sad that Americans forgot the perks of being American & want to just throw it away....
Non Union work is awesome

Chicago, IL

#35 Sep 23, 2012
The unions have become too corrupt and lost sight of their original goal, to fight for workers' rights. They demand high wages which are ridiculous in this economy, and protect incompetence in the workplace. This causes businesses to have extremely high costs and some are eventually driven to bankruptcy and go out of business. This means jobs are lost because the union didn't want to relax its demands any. Now how is that protecting workers's rights? Many trade shows have left McCormick Place because it is too expensive to do anything there because a union worker needs to do everything. Exhibitors cannot pick up a tool to assemble their displays or they face a grievance from the union. The unions nearly forced GM to shut down until the government bailed them out. However, now they are moving a lot of their operations to China. Part of that is to no doubt lower the labor cost because they won't have to pay the union. My father also worked at a union plant as a non union worker (there was no union for people in his position). They went on strike every time they needed a new contract. The company got fed up with their crap and eventually closed the place and consolidated the operations into another plant. Again, jobs were lost because of the pressure from the union. I currently work in a typically non union position for a company that has a non union plant. Guess what, we all are payed decently, have health care, and retirement plans. Our retirement plans are 401ks which means it's our own money that we save, but we still have it. No union fought for that for us; it was given to us because the owner of the company is a good natured person and believes in taking care of his employees. Unions need to understand the current economic conditions and not make unreasonable demands that shut businesses down and put their employees out of work. It's also up to any business to decide if they want to hire union or non union shops. The United States is supposed to be a free country. That freedom is being taken away more and more every day, and forcing employers to use union labor is taking away more of that freedom.
midloguy30

United States

#36 Sep 26, 2012
Be glad your owner is good natured...many other non union owners are not.
Dont hate

Alsip, IL

#37 Sep 26, 2012
Everyone there is a new hire and those ppl need a job.
If you ever have been unemployed you may know how thankful they are for a job.
I wish them all the Best.

PS Chicago was built by non union immigrant workers.
Maybe even your Great Grand Fathers!
midloguy30

United States

#38 Sep 26, 2012
Dont hate wrote:
Everyone there is a new hire and those ppl need a job.
If you ever have been unemployed you may know how thankful they are for a job.
I wish them all the Best.
PS Chicago was built by non union immigrant workers.
Maybe even your Great Grand Fathers!
I have no idea what the first part of your post means.

The second part of your post just screams ignorance to me. It really saddens me as well. I wish I could look eye to eye with you just to know what a true jackass looks like. Have you read about the history of Chicago. Do you know that there were more people then jobs. That men were thought of as tools where as if he broke or died you could just pick up another. Immigrants would do anything to earn a dollar whether it be unsafe or. flat out dangerous. Some companies such as Pullman most notably would pay workers with markers, not money. And then you needed to buy what you needed from the same man thy paid you. And i will tell you i didnt exchange well. You speak the building of Chicago by non union workers as if there is some type of glory to it. No glory...Long hours for shit pay. Men would dig through rock with their hands if they had too because if he didn't some other hungry bastard would. Have you no respect for their struggle? I sure do. May God bless their souls for what they had to endure to try and feed their families.
Joey

United States

#39 Sep 27, 2012
The truth wake up wrote:
Been in unions did not help that much, the union reps got theirs and they increase the dues so they can donate to the politicians that will take care of them, this state and every other one should be "right to work"
Yea right to work for less money and no bennies. Union dues can't be used for political donations only PA money
Local 1

Cary, IL

#40 Nov 8, 2012
You have got to be dumb to post this. The difference between union and non union is skilled labor!! The reason ironworkers have the 3rd most dangerous is because of non union!!! They are not skilled at their trade, I went to 3 years of school to become an ironworker non union dummies went to zero school. Get really dummy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is really running the crestwood police dept? (Nov '13) 26 min Non issue 8
Facebook Crusaders 2 hr Dolton 37
He's a thief- Rocco Demarco 2 hr Larry bubbles 3
Division Street Bridge Secretly scheduled to open 2 hr Vote Them Out 94
Who is the least successful politician ib the l... 2 hr Financial Report 10
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 5 hr BobM 900
we need a change on the chsd 218 school board!!! (Oct '12) 5 hr Cooked 231
Markham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Markham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency