Teen Nite Club Coming to Oak Forest? Maybe

Dec 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Teens across the Southland could soon have a new spot to hang out on the weekends, if the Oak Forest city council approves an amendment and special use permit for a teen night club at 5200 W. 159 th Street in Oak Forest.

Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Aug 19, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ok

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

How did the vote go for this club?
Greg Thomas

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Horrible idea!
Live or Relive History

Evanston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

ok wrote:
How did the vote go for this club?
Clemens and Ensing voted NO. Simon had concerns that were raised but voted yes with Muscarella, Keating, Toland and Wolf. The part about waiting to talk with the Life Safety Department that would be getting the calls for any disturbances, before voting was a valid point, but seemed not to sink in to the Yes vote Aldermen. Just had to move this forward for some reason! We will see how this goes, since the group creating this business, really does not seem to have to do anything to get this started except for a Safety Manual, Sprinkler System improvement and some other small items. They will most likely do the Sprinkler System improvement with Facade Improvement money and a "Professional Services" grant from the City of Oak Forest! Another business this city is now in up to their eyeballs, no discussions about potential problems, logistics of moving children in and out, additional traffic for the surrounding neighborhood or concerns about issues that might hinder other businesses in that location! The issue here is there is no discussion about community impact for a business of this nature, but in Mr. Dotson's world, any warm business makes sense, since he can justify his salary to Manhard!
Neighbor

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

This just scares the heck out of me. While I agree we need more activities for teens, I am not sure this is it. We can't even have Oak Fest without some disturbance or stabbing,

My children won't be going.
a teens perspective

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

i think that this will be so awesome. we need something like this in oak forest. oak forest is dead. i really hope this goes through.
Deakre

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

a teens perspective wrote:
i think that this will be so awesome. we need something like this in oak forest. oak forest is dead. i really hope this goes through.
Great thought why isn't there more things like this coming out of the Youth Commission before now? Could have certainly had weekend Dances at the park district or the High School, like was done in the past! Why now a business to do this? A questionable business that has some serious questions to be asked to city government, really now, are you sure? I think certain Aldermen were on the right track and should have asked more questions!

Glad to see our youth would love to have this type of sight, sure hope these folks in city government do all they need to make this goes smoothly!
Res

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Kids will get tired of it and will stop coming. How much money will kids be spending? It's a business failure from the get go. I'll give it 3 months. Our city council is clueless.
lunie town

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Res wrote:
Kids will get tired of it and will stop coming. How much money will kids be spending? It's a business failure from the get go. I'll give it 3 months. Our city council is clueless.
several years ago, There was a teen club that allowed adults later in the evening in Tinley. It was located on 159th just behind Brementown Drugs. Lasted a year at best. My daughter went once with a big group of kids- not worth another visit I guess.

I agree there should be more organized activities for teens in Oak Forest. Maybe then the number of car break-ins will go down ?????
Footloose

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

When the business model fails after a year they will go back to the city and ask for a liquor license so they can survive. I guarantee it. The city needs to make them sign an agreement stating that they will never request a liquor license. Of course this won't happen, because the city knew this was the plan all along. Stupid Oak Forest.
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Should go back to fins. Lol
vote them out

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

haha wrote:
Should go back to fins. Lol
This is unbelievable! "The top 10 reasons to vote Hank out of office" list is over 20 reasons by now. Nothing good will come out of this decision. Just more drug dealing in "coke forest"!
A Bit Fuzzy

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

vote them out wrote:
<quoted text>
This is unbelievable! "The top 10 reasons to vote Hank out of office" list is over 20 reasons by now. Nothing good will come out of this decision. Just more drug dealing in "coke forest"!
Who is this guy that is starting this teen club and what is the relationship to Kuspa and the Kuspa group? None of the aldermen asked so who is this guy? James Edwin Marcanio? Teen Club which seems like a strange business for a Construction Contractor to start, what is the link here? Maybe your "quote" is not that far off.

Maybe he donated a large amount to the Kuspa for Mayor campaign! Seems like a very strange business to bring to this city and council, to be so so enthusiastic is another interesting thing to see from the no comment mayor.

Maybe there is something here we just don't see!
lunie town

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

A Bit Fuzzy wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this guy that is starting this teen club and what is the relationship to Kuspa and the Kuspa group? None of the aldermen asked so who is this guy? James Edwin Marcanio? Teen Club which seems like a strange business for a Construction Contractor to start, what is the link here? Maybe your "quote" is not that far off.

Maybe he donated a large amount to the Kuspa for Mayor campaign! Seems like a very strange business to bring to this city and council, to be so so enthusiastic is another interesting thing to see from the no comment mayor.

Maybe there is something here we just don't see!
Omg I just googled James Edwin Marcanio! He has a mug shot an list of charges from January 2012. DRUG POSSESSION. Narcotics Equipment. Battery. Every parent should want their teenager hanging at his teen club. What the **** is wrong with our city officials???? Did anyone do a background check on this lowlife ???

Hank is clueless- the aldercreatures are clueless!!!
Frank S

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

IF this is the same guy, who gets nominated for this weeks "Dumb-ass" award?
res

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

The mugshot that pops up for "Midlothian" is actually from Florida. Is this the same guy?
lunie town

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

res wrote:
The mugshot that pops up for "Midlothian" is actually from Florida. Is this the same guy?
the mug shot at www.bustedmugshots.com lists location as midlo.
Deakre

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

lunie town wrote:
<quoted text>
the mug shot at www.bustedmugshots.com lists location as midlo.
I think if you google his name then it has a few sights with the mug shot on it! Gives the address as Midlothian Turnpike. Really, if this is the same guy, two alderman enthusiatically made the motion and our mayor was very vocal about "My children would want to go dance there!" If this person is the same guy, then I wonder what the mayor's children would be doing there!

www.florida.busts.org ; www.bustedmugshots.com , this arrest if it is the same guy only happened in January 2012! Not sure this would be the person I would want my children having any inter-action with! Is this the same man? Where is Dotson on this one, he brought this guy to the city and our great group of council members.
Deakre

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

It is www.florida.arrests.org ! Sorry typed the wrong web address.
Are you kidding me

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Two aldermen did not want this teen club here. One of them was a cop and warned about not having the approval of police and fire chiefs before council approval. How did it even get past the Plan & Zone Commission? There is a commission that is solidly in Dotson's pocket. How do you approve a new business without seeing a plan on what will be done with the building? Thank you mayor for saying in an open meeting that at least a dumpy building will be renovated if we have to close down the teen club. You just invited a law suit if we kick these people out. I sure hope at least two of the aldermen come to there senses and reconsider their votes this Tuesday night and re-vote to stop this place from coming in. Who wants their kids going to a night club owned by a guy who was arrested? Mayor said it would be upscale. What does an upscale 22 year old pervert look like that wants to party with a 16 year old? Tinley Park had a club like this and before it was closed down, there were numerous police incidents including a rape. This thing does not make one bit of sense. Wake up 3rd ward alderman. You say other towns may have had problems with the teen clubs but it does not mean we will have a problem with it? Go hang up some more flowers. You sound like a 60's flower child.
OFR

Munster, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

After the horrific events of this weekend don't you think this should be reviewed so that ALL safeguards are in place before this place opens it doors? To the C at patch, do some work and ask REAL questions of the city and the owner. Anything less is wasting your day as a human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Markham Discussions

Search the Markham Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dolton Police (Mar '13) 52 min Angel 32
Passing of Frank Gassmere 1 hr C is for Cancer 7
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... 1 hr J T L U K 5
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 48,913
Why Kurtz? A for profit company 3 hr Fire Department 7
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 3 hr Bridgeview resident 71
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 5 hr Part Time FD 20
•••
•••
•••
Markham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Markham Jobs

•••