First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Meow

Midlothian, IL

#1 Dec 20, 2012
SUNDAY, NOV. 18
That's the Dog's Chair

Police were notified of a dog bite incident in the 14500 block of Trumbull Avenue. Officers were told that a male Husky bit the ear of a victim.

The man told police the dog bit his ear around 9:15 p.m. Doctors at the hospital performed receive emergency surgery to reattach a portion of the ear.

Police then spoke with the dog's owner, who said the victim sat in the dog's chair and then the victim tried to kiss the dog. While trying to kiss the dog, the dog bit the victim.

The owner was issued a dog bite citation.

LoL, poor dog.
scooter

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jan 25, 2013
these hillbillies know exactly what they where doing. its nothing more than a attempt to scam their insurance company. their dogs should be taken away, period.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#3 Jan 25, 2013
I don't buy it. Huskies are a very gentle breed not prone to the possessiveness of other breeds. That dog wouldn't just attack for "sitting in [his] chair," or for any other lame reason like that. Clearly the guy was doing something else. Huskies can be stubborn towards being trained too so you'd have to start really young to train a husky in any capacity least of all something aggressive that goes against his/her nature. I call BS on this guy's "story."
Just Me

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 25, 2013
A vicious Husky?? The ones I've been friends with would have licked me to death, or howled at me until I behaved how they wanted.:)
Parent

Midlothian, IL

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Then you have never been around my huskie. I actually talked with the Huskie club at a dog show and they told me the same thing that they are not aggressive dogs. I had to finally put my dog down cus I could take the chances anymore. There are a couple out there that are aggressive. My dog bit my daughter cus she fell out of a chair about 50 feet from him food bowl while he was eating. That was the last straw for me.

Midlothian, IL

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Parent, of course we haven't been around your dog, and you don't put a dog down for that. You find them a kid free home and give them a chance at a life. I have seen dogs bite children, and it usually is a more aggressive breed and a more aggressive child and most of the time a more warning nip than actual bite.

I understand concern for your child is number one, and it should be. However, if another kid bit your child we wouldn't put that kid down. We'd try to teach him/her not to act that way or remove them from the situation. To me, dogs are family and need guidance just like children do. Unless your husky did more than quick nip, I can't see ending his/her life. I've seen fighting dogs with worse aggression get rehabilitated by shelters. Your dog deserved no less.

Also, Huskies are not an aggressive breed. That's not just something people say. Overall it is very true, but if you have one that is then A) it's probably not pure bred and/or B) is the odd-man-out so to speak.
cus

Berwyn, IL

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
Then you have never been around my huskie. I actually talked with the Huskie club at a dog show and they told me the same thing that they are not aggressive dogs. I had to finally put my dog down cus I could take the chances anymore. There are a couple out there that are aggressive. My dog bit my daughter cus she fell out of a chair about 50 feet from him food bowl while he was eating. That was the last straw for me.
In my opinion YOU need to be put down "cus" your an idiot. Lets kill a dog "cus" you are to lazy and dumb to control your household. Someone should really beat your face in for being so stupid.
know it all

Alsip, IL

#8 Jan 27, 2013
5 year old, you seem to be a know it all. Please do not put down another poster for a decision that her and her family had to make until you know the details. She didn't say if that had happened before, just that it was the last straw. Putting a dog down is not an easy decision at all. I speak from experience, I have been a dog lover my whole life and have always had a dog. My very, very friendly dog nipped my child a few times and finally did bite my child in the face, which was the last straw for us. The dog was in physical pain, which is why she nipped, but we couldn't take anymore chances, just as the previous poster stated about her situation. That was not an easy decision for any of us, but if you have children, you understand why these decisions have to be made. Please don't speak/write before knowing the whole story.

Midlothian, IL

#9 Jan 27, 2013
Know it all, what exactly do you think you're doing? You're acting as though you know the whole story just because you say you have a related experience. Well so do I.

I put down a dog but for a much much different reason. She was very ill and despite treatments that helped for a while, her illness became so progressive that her quality of life was gone. That is when you put a dog down. Not because of as you put it a "nip."

Again, take your dog to a no kill shelter to be adopted out to a child free home, or find a suitable home for your dog without the use of a shelter. Too many dogs die every year because owners make poor decisions. I never said that I was right about Parent's situation. I only gave my opinion based on my extensive experience and knowledge with dogs...Just like YOU did. So you're really the know it all.

Furthermore, don't tell anyone not to speak/write without the whole story when you know darn well nobody ever gives the whole story in person let alone online. How the hell would any of us ever respond here? We wouldn't.
Know it All

Midlothian, IL

#10 Jan 27, 2013
You seem to make friends wherever you go huh 5-year? Don't worry everyone WW1 will be here to defend her, while typing with one hand!
Know it All

Midlothian, IL

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Oops I forgot, Nicole right? You brave soul you.

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Oh know-it-all you are a sad soul. You have nothing better to do than act childish on the internet. I pity you.
Parent

Midlothian, IL

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Exactly you didnt know the whole story 5 yr. As stated that was the last straw. We did everything we could to keep him. He bit a total of 4 different people. We tried everything including spending money on obedience training even tho I have had dogs my whole life and have never had a problem with training or anything else. But when you are sitting in your own home afraid to make any type of movement in fear that he might grab you. For example When an elderly woman is playing a little yatzee hand held game laying on her own bed and the dog runs in out of nowhere and jumps up on the bed and bites her in the face which required stitches and she still fought not to have the dog put down so we didnt and the 4th was my young daughter. I did not want him going to any family. I had papers for him and yes he was an odd man out as you say...

Midlothian, IL

#14 Jan 28, 2013
Parent that's nice that you tried to get past the biting multiple times. Not many would take it that far, but I still maintain that a no-kill shelter or finding another family for the dog would have been my next step. That's all I'm saying. I too have never met a dog that I couldn't train enough to behave around other people (though around other dogs isn't always as easy!:).

Sometimes there is something wrong with the animal that makes them aggressive. Sometimes a sore tooth or paw. Sometimes it's worse. My old dog (she was 14 when we put her down) got more ornery the worse she felt. She never caused anyone to need stitches, but she nipped more than she had ever in her life. We knew she didn't feel well so we attributed it to that, and the vet agreed. It was the hardest decision ever to put her down, but she couldn't even get up to go outside anymore and would relieve herself lying down and stay in it. It was just time for the old girl, but she gave us a lot of good years.
5 year for Mayor

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jan 28, 2013
5 Year is so Smart knows just about everything I think she should run for Mayor .Sure would beat Sharon Rybak!
fact

Alsip, IL

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Just so 5 year and everyone else knows for future reference, if ever needed, it is against the law to give away or sell a dog to anyone if it has bitten anyone until it has been approved by the Animal Control. My dog bit my own child and I had to alert the vet since the doctor HAS to report it to the county.

Midlothian, IL

#17 Jan 29, 2013
Fact the dog would have to be watched for usually 10 days and cleared by a vet. I am aware of this, and it's good information to post for others.

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusilstch...

There are exceptions and such, but they are generally watching for rabies and such before releasing the dog. After this period the dog can be given away if given a clean bill of health (barring any extenuating circumstances).
nonothing

Schererville, IN

#18 Jan 29, 2013
Is it true that WW1 pants real heavy around 5 yr? How do you know so much or think you know so much about WW1 and 5 yr Know it all? Maybe there is a reason to "pant".
pathetic

Alsip, IL

#19 Jan 29, 2013
You people are pathetic. I know who WW1 is and who 5 yr is, neither of them even know each other personally. They may be aware of who each other is, but they don't know each other.
Creepo

Midlothian, IL

#20 Jan 29, 2013
All I can say is some people on here are creepos, they know who they are! 5YR is easy to dislike, she likes to brag about how smart she is but has been out of work forever! My god is it that hard to find anything to do but troll Topix all day and night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shop Local 5 min iwin 9
Welcome to Blight Island!!! 24 min Easy 145
News Oak Forest HS Announces 2015 Prom Court 24 min Datruthhurts 3
Chicago Ridge Watch channel 9 tonight at 9pm 42 min Pitching coach 113
Crumbling BIIP 1 hr Serious Issues 21
What Does Carmine and Fred Billoto have on Bob ... 1 hr Investigation Ov... 7
Matt Jester?????? (Apr '08) 1 hr Pitching coach 21
More from around the web

Markham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE