Comments
61 - 80 of 1,359 Comments Last updated Apr 12, 2013

“Impeach Stevens!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#62 Nov 20, 2012
warren vista wrote:
I'm still here as well. A lot of ridiculousness on this site has kept many of us away.
Lol its Warren Brockovich everyone! U don't mind if I call you that still do ya? Listen tho, I have come around on a few issues that I know a moderate like you would support so now offense intended it was just for laughs.

I agree about nonsense posters which is why if you'll notice I haven't posted outside of a few recently in many many months.

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian,Il

#63 Nov 21, 2012
Ann-Marie wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol its Warren Brockovich everyone! U don't mind if I call you that still do ya? Listen tho, I have come around on a few issues that I know a moderate like you would support so now offense intended it was just for laughs.
I agree about nonsense posters which is why if you'll notice I haven't posted outside of a few recently in many many months.
Ann Marie, I don't think a few of us really thought that you were a "pain" but like a lot of us, you could stir the pot.:):) Hope you have a good Thanksgiving:):) Peace:):)
me

Oak Forest, IL

#64 Nov 21, 2012
Excuse me mr.stephens does alot for his community. He teaches and wants to see a change so you all must not know him!
Concerned

Midlothian, IL

#65 Dec 1, 2012
Midlothian use to be great, now what is happening? All the businesses are closing for whatever reason. Now 711 is gone and it was there for years. What is the real problem in Midlothian? When someone does try to open a business it doesn't last that long. CAN SOMEONE HELP MIDLOTHIAN IL TO GET BACK IN BUSINESS, WE NEED STORES!!! WE ARE LOOSING REVENE.
winterpeaches

Alsip, IL

#66 Dec 2, 2012
one of the reasons newly opened businesses do not last lack of advertisement - no one knows they are there until it is too late - send out flyers
jobs for votes

Alsip, IL

#67 Dec 2, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Midlothian use to be great, now what is happening? All the businesses are closing for whatever reason. Now 711 is gone and it was there for years. What is the real problem in Midlothian? When someone does try to open a business it doesn't last that long. CAN SOMEONE HELP MIDLOTHIAN IL TO GET BACK IN BUSINESS, WE NEED STORES!!! WE ARE LOOSING REVENE.
Don Peloquin is the answer. LOL

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#68 Dec 3, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I would like to contact the lost and found. Seems the town I moved into in fall of 1988 is missing. Seems this downward trend will continue. Now I saw they are trying to refinace our debt. I wanted to be hopeful. And the current trend seems to have no signs it will be letting up. I see more and more people that seem to have not much concearn for their property I have seemn this on my block and this is a sad trend.
thinking

Blue Island, IL

#69 Dec 9, 2012
I'm thinking of running for trustee, the only thing holding me back is I don't have any political exp., do I really need any I've got common sense and am a blue collar worker who can't afford my taxes going up anymore and watch our village spend money we don't have Midlo what do you think? Get people in like me or just let theses people run it?

Since: Apr 09

Midlothian, IL

#70 Dec 10, 2012
You don't have to have political experience to start small in a trustee spot. Common sense will go a long way, but a thick skin will be critical.

If you're truly serious, I am certain a few existing trustees (Karen/Don in particular) would give you an honest rendition of what it's like to do what they do.

If you don't want to make yourself obvious yet in town, why not contact a trustee or two in a neighboring town? Maybe they'd be nice enough to give you some information.
Clinton

Midlothian, IL

#71 Dec 19, 2012
I hear a lady named rybak is running for mayor very well liked popular park district trustee.clinton
cant beleive it

Chicago, IL

#72 Dec 20, 2012
the only thing that can save terry and midlothian is plan C 12-21-12 the end of the world.
MOVED FROM MIDLO

Lockport, IL

#73 Dec 20, 2012
GOD BLESS MY BELOVED MIDLOTHIAN WHERE I GREW UP WHERE MY GRANDPARENTS LIVED AND DIED. MY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS ALL HAVE MOVED ON BECAUSE MIDLOTHIAN BECAME A NOT SO SAFE GHETTO. I VOTED FOR TERRY BUT WOULD NOT AGAIN IF I STILL LIVED THERE. MIDLOTHIAN NEEDS TO CHANGE OR IT WILL BE A PLACE OF HISTORY AND NOTHING WILL REMAIN.
BOB K

Midlothian, IL

#74 Dec 21, 2012
Clinton wrote:
I hear a lady named rybak is running for mayor very well liked popular park district trustee.clinton
Didn't know Park District had trustee
Southside Speculator

Blue Island, IL

#75 Dec 22, 2012
Park District has Commissioners. She is the Finance Director (not a board member). She is a school board member for Dist. 228.
Midlothian voter

Midlothian, IL

#76 Dec 22, 2012
Just what we need a member from district 228 that is wasting money by paying two superintendents that they fired while under a contract. Terry will be getting my vote.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#77 Dec 22, 2012
MOVED FROM MIDLO wrote:
GOD BLESS MY BELOVED MIDLOTHIAN WHERE I GREW UP WHERE MY GRANDPARENTS LIVED AND DIED. MY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS ALL HAVE MOVED ON BECAUSE MIDLOTHIAN BECAME A NOT SO SAFE GHETTO. I VOTED FOR TERRY BUT WOULD NOT AGAIN IF I STILL LIVED THERE. MIDLOTHIAN NEEDS TO CHANGE OR IT WILL BE A PLACE OF HISTORY AND NOTHING WILL REMAIN.
I do not know when you left but good luck with someone trying to leave now. Realistically why would someone buy a house here. Even if you would want to be optimistic it is really hard to do. Well we do have a gazebo and some really awesome street lights on Cicero.

So positive news is wanted.
WOW

Midlothian, IL

#78 Dec 22, 2012
http://greatslatefor228.com/

The gap in service is from the fallout after Mitchell was fired for being gay. Seeing as she works for Gleason at the park district perhaps she felt compelled to return to the trenches and join her boss at the school board during the last election. But it sure appears suspect when 228 then hires a family member behind closed doors. Did she vote, did her boss Gleason vote. I guess that's why they do it behind closed doors. That sure doesn't sound ethical to me. Keep in mind her vote to fire Mitchell is still costing Bremen as they just lost again in court.

re:http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ il-court-of-appeals/1616556.ht ml

But it's all good, as Gleason's kid has the contract to defend her and 228, and the billing hours keep going up.

Also the pool has recently been condemned, how many corners did we cut to save money??? Could this have been prevented with a qualified maintenance staff? Just because Midlothian Park District Superintendent of Buildings & Grounds Jerry Gillis, Jr. rides around in a shiny new truck doesn't mean he knows what he's doing.

Tell again why she should get my vote.
Common Sense

Midlothian, IL

#79 Dec 24, 2012
Midlothian voter wrote:
Just what we need a member from district 228 that is wasting money by paying two superintendents that they fired while under a contract. Terry will be getting my vote.
Thank you for proving my point. No matter how bad he does people will vote for him.
Clinton

United States

#80 Dec 24, 2012
Terry has spent over 250,000 on office space snd some phoney job to bring in business.Are you kidding me?Hell Mel Reyonlds would get my vote over Terry. I want to know how you are spending Midlothian taxpayer money in this time of crisis?I want to know if some one can fill me in on how much Terry spent on a purchase of property, that now belongs to Midlothian? I agree 228 is a mess but isnt he an employee of 228 that we are going to get stuck paying some ridiculous tax amount to fund his pention which he received raises not approved by state government? I dont know how anyone in Midlothian could vote for him,I did once and shame on me!

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#81 Dec 26, 2012
5yr Midlo Resident wrote:
You don't have to have political experience to start small in a trustee spot. Common sense will go a long way, but a thick skin will be critical.
If you're truly serious, I am certain a few existing trustees (Karen/Don in particular) would give you an honest rendition of what it's like to do what they do.
If you don't want to make yourself obvious yet in town, why not contact a trustee or two in a neighboring town? Maybe they'd be nice enough to give you some information.
Having talked to Karen and Don a few times I am not sure they would give the job a big thumbs up. I know why they do it. To make things better I really believe they want to but at times they must feel like they are just banging their head against the wall. Midlothian's situation seems to be a fairly precarious one. I am so worried what it will be like in say another 2 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr D-U-H 49,539
Ronald Tellez..ex-Blue Island cop.. (Nov '11) 2 hr Former Resident 14
Bremen 228 Launches Facebook page 3 hr Fritz 4
Finley Jr. High School (Nov '09) 4 hr Lifelong Rez 14
Watch out for this sex offender 4 hr nt yippie 2
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 6 hr Big Fan 45
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr newpoly 1,910
•••
•••
•••

Markham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000