midlothian mayor election
Read Your Tax Bill

Chicago, IL

#597 Jan 28, 2013
Be More Concerned wrote:
About the HIDDEN SPENDING, DEBT, at village hall, in Springfield, attend meetings, get others involved, and read YOUR tax bill.
Got Mine........total debts and Liabilities are out of this World along with total Unfunded Pension Liability.
Karen for president

Midlothian, IL

#598 Jan 28, 2013
Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have been in this town that long and think its that bad and you could have done better maybe you should have got off your ass or head out your ass a long time ago and steped forward and made a difference but it obvious you haven't seeing as you say now you want to make a difference to little to late.
its a good thing this forum is about being un known because you have been so far as I see it surely you have not talked to any one of the people you spoke bad of above or haven't spoken your true mind to them if you have talked to them you just fed them a pile of the shit you shovel mainly cause you couldn't. Spit out the true things on your mind that would take balls
Ms Watcher I have made this town a better place for you and yours. Most accomplished authors use pen names. I have talked to all of the above people and they all know where I stand with them. Unfortunately the problem is morons like you that keep voting these jackholes in office.
Need Reasons

Chicago, IL

#599 Jan 30, 2013
Wasted Tax Dollars wrote:
<quoted text>
No site, no intergovernmental agreement, bonds to pay for with taxpayer money, no bid contracts, distributing money, the feasibility study for Jawa delayed until after the election. Come on "Who is fooling Who?
We can think of millions reasons $$$$$$ to vote these elected officials out of office who voted for Jawa.
Maria Papas is trying to make sure taxpayers to know the unfunded pensions must be fully funded during the term of the upcoming election cycle. Disbursements will not be made to municipalities with underfunded pensions.
Interested

Lockport, IL

#600 Jan 30, 2013
Actually, municipalities will be required to fund the actuarially required portion or the pension fund can intercept LGDF Funds...it is not required that a fund be 100% funded (0 unfunded liability) in order to receive disbursements...units of government just can't say "My actuary said I need to contribute X in order to meet my requirements for this year after making some assumed returns....but I only wanna contribute Y".

Never easy to explain and always harder to understand the leg...but no one has to be 100% funded (90% by 2040-something?).

I can just see someone reading your post and be thinking...."Oh crap, we aren't gonna get any income, sales, property taxes back unless we come up with the $$$ to get to 100% funded level!!!!" - thought I would head it off at the pass...
just checkin

Blue Island, IL

#601 Jan 30, 2013
hi for those who want to appeal their oook county taxes this will be able to be done starting in February. the forms are on line and you have to get a property appraiser.

just fyi from the assesors office.

I just want to throw this out there, how feasable is it to put in a parking garage like the one they have in oak lawn train station. it has multiple stories of parking and lots of resteraunts and business are around it.
Cook County

Chicago, IL

#602 Jan 30, 2013
Interested wrote:
Actually, municipalities will be required to fund the actuarially required portion or the pension fund can intercept LGDF Funds...it is not required that a fund be 100% funded (0 unfunded liability) in order to receive disbursements...units of government just can't say "My actuary said I need to contribute X in order to meet my requirements for this year after making some assumed returns....but I only wanna contribute Y".
Never easy to explain and always harder to understand the leg...but no one has to be 100% funded (90% by 2040-something?).
I can just see someone reading your post and be thinking...."Oh crap, we aren't gonna get any income, sales, property taxes back unless we come up with the $$$ to get to 100% funded level!!!!" - thought I would head it off at the pass...
Each county is different 2016 for Cook.
Post Man

Chicago, IL

#603 Jan 31, 2013
The regular meeting of the South Suburban Joint Action Water Agency has been POSTPONED and will be held at 3:00 pm on February 7, 2013 in the Markham Village Hall 16316 South Kedzie Parkway, Markham, Illinois 60428

The Tax bills have arrived.

“26 year Midlo resident”

Since: Feb 09

Wichita, Kansas

#604 Jan 31, 2013
Be More Concerned wrote:
About the HIDDEN SPENDING, DEBT, at village hall, in Springfield, attend meetings, get others involved, and read YOUR tax bill.
One thing about attending meetings go to a few and you will be a little bit more depressed about the financial situation. The same with reading your tax bill.
Battle royal

Lisle, IL

#605 Jan 31, 2013
Well everyone in Midlothian better get ready. Hide the kidÂ’s lock up the pets. This seems to be shaping up as the dirtiest election in recent memory.

The lines are being drawn and the mayor wants a new crew it seems. One that will go with his idea of spend first. The village is broke and he decides spending over 250,000 to remodel the village hall. Really! All the nice sewer work done by his house. And this deal with moving the attorney into a nice cozy office in the village hall. And our village administrator we must wait for the day he earns his enormous salary.

This mayor brought big promises and all we have is bigger tax bills. Wait until he starts slinging the mud. We may be better bringing in Gov Blago.

Oh it is just beginning.
Whose Counting

Chicago, IL

#606 Jan 31, 2013
;) 68 days until April 9, 2013, Election Day!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian

#607 Feb 1, 2013
2009, hope were great
We finally dumped our big mistake
Tom was gone, Terry in
Midlothian was set to win
Out with the old, in with the new
After all, this is Team Blue
Soon enough, reality check
Nothing changed, what the heck
In fact I'd say things got worse
Is this the result of the Team Orange curse
"Hire my buddies, raises for all"
Real estate taxes, they won't soon fall
Broken promises you say? Come on, get real
This is just part of the Terry Stephens deal.
nice

United States

#608 Feb 1, 2013
Edward Nigma wrote:
2009, hope were great
We finally dumped our big mistake
Tom was gone, Terry in
Midlothian was set to win
Out with the old, in with the new
After all, this is Team Blue
Soon enough, reality check
Nothing changed, what the heck
In fact I'd say things got worse
Is this the result of the Team Orange curse
"Hire my buddies, raises for all"
Real estate taxes, they won't soon fall
Broken promises you say? Come on, get real
This is just part of the Terry Stephens deal.
u
Right on nicely said

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#609 Feb 2, 2013
Definatly not looking better. Unless you are the village hall.
Chris N

Midlothian, IL

#610 Feb 2, 2013
Come on wrote:
Terry has not been spending money frivolously. The money he has been spending was from a grant and if you don't spend it you lose it. So before you start flapping you jumbo lips, know what you're talking about, jerkoff.
You don't know what you are talking about!! Terry is still deficit spending. If you spend more then you bring in you will be in the negative. Simple math!
Good guy

Midlothian, IL

#611 Feb 2, 2013
not political wrote:
I like Terry. He is a good guy.
I am a good guy too! Now gimme your wallet moron!
Robbed

Chicago, IL

#612 Feb 2, 2013
Good guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a good guy too! Now gimme your wallet moron!
Do you mean robbed without a pistol?

“26 year Midlo resident”

Wichita, Kansas

#613 Feb 2, 2013
Robbed wrote:
<quoted text>
He must be a member of congress.
Good guy

Midlothian, IL

#614 Feb 2, 2013
Robbed wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I'm a good guy doesn't mean I would do what's best for your town or your money!
Define Good Guy

Chicago, IL

#615 Feb 2, 2013
Good guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I'm a good guy doesn't mean I would do what's best for your town or your money!
What makes you think you are A Good Guy........ LOL good for whom yourself or the community?
Good guy

Midlothian, IL

#616 Feb 2, 2013
Define Good Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you are A Good Guy........ LOL good for whom yourself or the community?
That is a question you should ask yourself about Midlothians mayor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Deabel going down (Mar '15) 1 hr Dahts 21
Mayor Domingo Vargas Contrite at July 12, 2016 ... 1 hr BIIPED 79
Stevo at the City Council meeting 2 hr Change is needed 11
Any Experiences With Former Blue Island Police ... 3 hr waller off 14
The corruption continues at Bloom Trail... 5 hr Little Joe 17
Open Letter to All Veteran's 6 hr Rest in Peace 41
Beat them at there own game 6 hr tommy 2

Markham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance