4 Years Almost Up How would we rate Oak Forest Government?

Created by A Bit Fuzzy on Nov 12, 2012

257 votes

Click on an option to vote

They have not addressed any problems yet!

Taxes Still too High! TIF Districts only hurt!

No Development in town helps taxpayers!

Council is a rubber stamp!

City hires only Cronyism!

Time to clean house!

High Garbage and Water Rates killing Taxpayers!

City Politics as Usual, time to change it All!

Current Mayor is the problem!

Everything is going fine!

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Deakre

Oak Forest, IL

#86 Jan 5, 2013
Anyone ever notice how many "For Sale" or For Lease" signs there are in our community for businesses in Oak Forest? It may match the Foeclosures and For Sale Signs on the house in town!

If the Economic Development Engine is doing so well, why is the business community leaving town! To high on the rent? Taxes? not enough buying the community? Not a great deal of economic planning? Sure brings me down and it is not encouraging that another four years of these folks will make it better! Teen Dance Halls, Liquor Store, Tattoo Parlors and Dialysis Businesses will not really make that all change! Mostly due to the fact that any business leaving is the kind that generates "Sales Tax" and the new things, like Train Stations, really don't help!
Businesses Are Needed

Evanston, IL

#89 Jan 7, 2013
concerned taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in this current economy, anything other than not for profit businesses are better than nothing.
But where are those businesses? I have counted more than 15 for sale or for lease signs just on 159th street alone! The only place that seems to be thriving at this point is east of Cicero on 167th Street! I do not really see that there are any amount of business that could help save the taxpayers money, our town is too locked up and there is not a high degree of space for retail that would impact Sales tax enough! Then since the taxpayers are stuggling it is not clear how much they in town since there are better alternatives in other communities!! 1% Sales Tax increase certainly has not helped the current businesses in town now! For instance take NAPA, just picked up and moved to another better location for better business! It is going to be a very hard situation to get the business economy going in this town again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
midlo tax hike 27 min Im tired 153
They are working on the new Berkot's 41 min Im tired 6
Warning!!!!!!!!!!! 52 min John 10
Pledge of Allegiance 1 hr possibly interested 2
Mayor Ryback 3 hr Clueless 6
No water coming out of the facets in Crestwood,... 3 hr HandCock 7
Possible Trustees 5 hr great girl 3
Man arrested at Circus Circus charged with kidn... (Nov '11) Oct '13 midlo 7
Markham Dating
Find my Match