Welcome Back

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Moving back to Oak Lawn After being gone for 15 years. Lived in Oak Lawn for 35 years. So any thing changed in the last 15 years.
Welcome Back

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for all your helpful comments. lmao
Jimmy John

United States

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Welcome Back wrote:
Thanks for all your helpful comments. lmao
It now has a jimmy johns's and soon will have a papa john's. Taxes are higher. You see a lot of newer cars driving around. Everyone has cell phones and you rarely see beepers now. Also most residents have discarded their Beta players for something called a Blu-Ray.
Welcome Back

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2012
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
It now has a jimmy johns's and soon will have a papa john's. Taxes are higher. You see a lot of newer cars driving around. Everyone has cell phones and you rarely see beepers now. Also most residents have discarded their Beta players for something called a Blu-Ray.
LMAO !!!!So much for the beeper store I was going to open up on 95th by Freshline.
Jimmy John

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2012
Was they Zayre still there when you lived there? Where did you go to? They're ripping down the old K-Mart to build upscale shopping and dining. Hoping the grocery store they put in is a Trader Joe's because any other food store will flop. There isn't anyone closer than Orland and everybody I know goes up there to get a lot of stuff. Would bring in a lot of revenue.
Welcome Back

United States

#6 Nov 21, 2012
Yes Zayre was there. Live in Oak Forest 6 years and Plainfield for 9 years. I remember lot of stuff thats gone. The Red Barn 95th SW HWY. Brandts Tavern, Manor GO Go SW HWY. ONE AND ONLY STRIP CLUB EVER IN OAK LAWN. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Patrick E. Kitching as Mayor? (Feb '12) 2 hr Fane 11
Alsip's Action Party Mayor Kitching (Mar '14) 2 hr Fane 32
Blue Island WRITE ___ IN CANDIDATES 3 hr Millions at Stake 53
News Justice to consider permit for marijuana clinic 3 hr margaret rowe cav... 1
ex harvey police (Apr '09) 4 hr george mahony 59
BIIP and BITP 4 hr Facts Only 131
Garbage Pickers GO AWAY! 5 hr otherex 7
Markham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Markham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]