How often are you supposed to cut you...

How often are you supposed to cut your hair???

Posted in the Marked Tree Forum

8KaL8

Manila, AR

#1 Jun 29, 2010
I am trying to grow my hair out and wondering how often should I have it trimmed to keep it looking healthy.
hairstylist

Marked Tree, AR

#2 Jun 29, 2010
8KaL8 wrote:
I am trying to grow my hair out and wondering how often should I have it trimmed to keep it looking healthy.
It's according if you blow dry...use a hot iron or curling iron often. Your hair grows about a half an inch a month. Condition your hair, especially the ends often, but do not use it on your scalp because it will make your hair flat, and that hair is new and in good condition. Do not buff your hair with a towel because it make the cuticle part of your hair frizzy. Use a pick or large tooth comb to get the tangles out. Have it trimmed about every 3 to 4 months and be sure to tell the stylist only about a half inch and always have it cut wet. If you are in a pool a lot this summer put conditioner in your hair before you get in and always shampoo and condition your hair after getting out. Choose your hairstylist wisely...not one that is scissor happy. Good luck!
8kaL8

Manila, AR

#3 Jun 30, 2010
Thank you so much! I have found this info very helpful =)
Realist

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 17, 2010
i get my hair trimmed every 6 weeks. the more u trim it and cut the slpit ends off the faster it grows. Blow drying your hair and straighting it with a flat iron does nothing but damage ur hair and make it grow slower. I stopped using my blow drier and my hair looks so much healthier!! you can also get Mane and Tail shampoo from walmart. IT is in the animal section bc its horse shampoo but it is also for humans as well. It makes your hair thicker, fuller and very healthy looking and it helps it grow super fast!! It smells really good too!! Good luck and i hope THIS helps. PS im a hair stylist.
frolic

Marked Tree, AR

#5 Jul 17, 2010
Realist wrote:
i get my hair trimmed every 6 weeks. the more u trim it and cut the slpit ends off the faster it grows. Blow drying your hair and straighting it with a flat iron does nothing but damage ur hair and make it grow slower. I stopped using my blow drier and my hair looks so much healthier!! you can also get Mane and Tail shampoo from walmart. IT is in the animal section bc its horse shampoo but it is also for humans as well. It makes your hair thicker, fuller and very healthy looking and it helps it grow super fast!! It smells really good too!! Good luck and i hope THIS helps. PS im a hair stylist.
wow, u can tell this girl didnt do well in class..she probably flunked out a few times.
Dona

Moorebank, Australia

#6 May 1, 2012
So should you cut your hair every 6 weeks?
just a girl

Bellflower, CA

#7 Oct 24, 2012
Take you vitamins VERY IMPORTANT. Multivitamin and biotin. Will make heathy and,stronger. Get a trim every 6 months. If you blow dry or,straighten use a heat protecting spray and use a leave in solvent that CONDITIONS your hair. Example the brand silk. Hope everything works out.
Arkansas Razorback

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Cut it when it needs cutting!
hair

United States

#9 Oct 26, 2012
As often as you feel it needs it
WTF

United States

#10 Oct 30, 2012
frolic wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, u can tell this girl didnt do well in class..she probably flunked out a few times.
Actually i did VERY WELL in class moron and i now own a store which i can proudly say is and has been doing wonderful. I dont know what i said that didnt click in ur head but i was giving simple advice which was all true. Wow. Were is your advice.
nicole

Welwyn Garden City, UK

#11 Jan 24, 2013
i dont get my hair cut that often, maybe 1 or 2 times a year and it looks fine, other tha the itching and dry scalp its all ay okay :)
beth

Welwyn Garden City, UK

#12 Jan 24, 2013
i never get my hair cut and its down to my ankles, its great! when i get cold i just wrap myself in my hair and feel oooober warm xoxoxoxoxoxo
emma

Welwyn Garden City, UK

#13 Jan 24, 2013
i cut my hair so much, im bald.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marked Tree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New School Football Stadium 1 hr Wildcat mom 10
daniel nooner (Nov '13) 2 hr Smelly 4
knock knock knocking (May '16) 4 hr William 26
Trumann sports complex should be renamed nemesi... 4 hr whatever 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Reality Check 38,779
leslie 6 hr wow 5
Trumann fire 9 hr councilman 2

Marked Tree Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance