god's new life mission bible training center

Posted in the Marked Tree Forum

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2010
curious

Cabot, AR

#1 Sep 2, 2009
i have a relative who is a resident and i wondered if anyone could share information or their opinion. i have only found a newspaper article about how wonderful it is, but if anyone has direct knowledge, please share. thanks
BobsFiancee

Blytheville, AR

#3 Nov 30, 2009
curious wrote:
i have a relative who is a resident and i wondered if anyone could share information or their opinion. i have only found a newspaper article about how wonderful it is, but if anyone has direct knowledge, please share. thanks
Honestly, I think it is a wonderful place. I was actually going with a friend of mine for her bible study every week there and that's where I met my fiancee. He was there for 18 months and yes, there are some things that go on that I didn't agree with, but in a controlled environment there's always going to be something. It helped him tremendously. He used to "self-medicate", if you know what I mean, but he has been clean for 4 years and we've been together for 3 years. And of course, after he got out the alcohol deamon grabbed him, to replace the fix of the drugs I guess. Now he is in a different place, similar to the one in Marked Tree, to get off of the alcohol. That's the only thing about GNLMBTC, if you don't want to be there and your forced there to get help, it's not going to help. That's something that you've got to want to do for yourself. If your not open to it, it won't happen. All I can say is that the power of prayer can do miracles. And that everyone should use it.
Marked Tree

Bossier City, LA

#4 Dec 4, 2009
I have about this place. Is it at the old MT Nursing Home?
Marked Tree

Bossier City, LA

#5 Dec 4, 2009
I mean I have heard about this place. Is it at the old MT Nursing Home building?
guest

Brookland, AR

#6 Dec 5, 2009
Yes.
friend

Manila, AR

#7 Dec 5, 2009
Gods New Life seems like a good place. Every year my church has an auction and dinner to where half of the proceeds from the auction goes to the center and the other half goes to world missions. We are having this auction tomorrow night and everyone is invited to come and fellowship with us.
The old man

United States

#8 Dec 5, 2009
friend wrote:
Gods New Life seems like a good place. Every year my church has an auction and dinner to where half of the proceeds from the auction goes to the center and the other half goes to world missions. We are having this auction tomorrow night and everyone is invited to come and fellowship with us.
What church?
friend

Manila, AR

#9 Dec 5, 2009
Marked Tree Church of God
grandma61

Marked Tree, AR

#10 Dec 30, 2009
To BobsFiancee, I agree that rehab wont help if the person doesn't want help or refuse to comply.One thing I do know is that God can do anything for us and he don't have respect of person.I dont know Bob & dont have to know him to be happy that he is trying to help himself.It's nice of you to stand by him when he seem to need you most.Keep the faith, this can be a long journey.May God bless both of you.Up date us commenters on Bob's progress.
Salt and Light

Marked Tree, AR

#11 Jan 1, 2010
BobsFiancee wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I think it is a wonderful place. I was actually going with a friend of mine for her bible study every week there and that's where I met my fiancee. He was there for 18 months and yes, there are some things that go on that I didn't agree with, but in a controlled environment there's always going to be something. It helped him tremendously. He used to "self-medicate", if you know what I mean, but he has been clean for 4 years and we've been together for 3 years. And of course, after he got out the alcohol deamon grabbed him, to replace the fix of the drugs I guess. Now he is in a different place, similar to the one in Marked Tree, to get off of the alcohol. That's the only thing about GNLMBTC, if you don't want to be there and your forced there to get help, it's not going to help. That's something that you've got to want to do for yourself. If your not open to it, it won't happen. All I can say is that the power of prayer can do miracles. And that everyone should use it.
Amen!!
simple

Cabot, AR

#12 Apr 5, 2010
what a wonderful organiztion may the community continue to assist your efforts
also curious

Leesville, LA

#13 Apr 21, 2010
curious wrote:
i have a relative who is a resident and i wondered if anyone could share information or their opinion. i have only found a newspaper article about how wonderful it is, but if anyone has direct knowledge, please share. thanks
i also have someone at the residents they havnt been there long but i have received good letters from him and by now you have probaly had a visit from your relative and was wondering now how are things going for them ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marked Tree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr guest 29,638
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 5 hr Still Listening 9,873
Remembering Our Loved Ones that were Too Young ... (Oct '08) Wed Brother 195
Babes at JP Flashmarket Aug 26 Sawithapn 1
Good churches and pastors in MT area Aug 25 Hog Wild 1
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 25 Curmudgeon 3,838
need info Aug 25 allmosthonest 29
•••
•••
•••

Marked Tree Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marked Tree People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marked Tree News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marked Tree
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••