Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2006

With the problems that are now starting surfcae with the Mariposa Indian Clinic, you would think that some one working there could get it together and try to run this thing on the up and up.
I find it interesting that the scadals in that environment have not hit the news stand yet....any comments?
James

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2006

Mariposa Indian Council Meeting Notes For 1-5-06

Some meeting notes.....

The Mact Board report was given by Bill Tucker. After he gave his report, he was questioned about the $92,000. fraud payment the board would have to pay.

Then the talk was about Native Americans couldn't get even get medical help about patients sitting for long hours, waiting for appointments and then get shortchanged on their time because they are overbooked-- especially on the dental side.

Then came the questions about Susie Johnson and why she was gone. Bill swore he had nothing to do with her dismissal. The Coates were very vocal when talking about Susie and the clinic. However we did not find out anything about why Susie is
not at the clinic anymore.

Next on the agenda was Federal Recognition. They talked about working with Federal tribes on being able to retrieve and rebury in the counties in and around Mariposa.
A member asked about the roll list that was sent to the Washington and requesting the certified copy for review. Tony said he did not know that there was a certified copy and Leslie added she wanted to see the roll list not the membership list. Tony said that the last roll list was in 1989.

A new task force has been formed to work on the deficiencies and get it sent in again. Tony said he has gotten Dennis Cardoza to agree to help with the recognition. We asked how we would be informed when it was ready for review and Tony said he would call us.

The only heated talk was about the clinic with a member asking Tony if he would back a petition to I.H.S. for an investigation on the Susie issue and his comment was that the board would look at it and make a decision.

The big problem person from the board is Ron Hamilton in HR. He was fired from Chicken Ranch in Sonora and is the one not hiring the
local Native Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Mariposa Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mariposa Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••