Shoppers In Rural Areas Mourn For Got...

Shoppers In Rural Areas Mourn For Gottschalks

There are 3 comments on the KMPH-TV Fresno story from Apr 1, 2009, titled Shoppers In Rural Areas Mourn For Gottschalks. In it, KMPH-TV Fresno reports that:

The Gottchalks at Manchester Mall is one of the chain's more established stores, but for our story we decided to go to one of the outlying locations, because that's how Gottschalks built its business for more than a century and because the closings there will affect customers most.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMPH-TV Fresno.

Kathy M

Mariposa, CA

#1 Apr 5, 2009
I will miss the Oakhurst Gottschalk's every time I need some clothing. Driving into Fresno or Merced seems to be the only choice. Where else can a buyer park once to purchase clothing for everyone in the family? Are there other choices in Oakhurst, Mariposa or Madera? No, I don't count WalMart as a choice. I can't afford to replace everything annually due to shrinking and twisting (result of low quality fabric) or failed seams.
R Frank

Mariposa, CA

#2 Apr 5, 2009
I am really sad to see the Oakhurst store close. The only place with quality clothes for everyone, it was always the best place to shop for gifts and clothes for kids and everyone else.
walmart shopper

Mariposa, CA

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Walmart/Target are not perfect but we have bought many inexpensive clothing items over the years that have lasted through endless washings and dryings,3 children have worn numerous articles...a person can save alot of time and $ in only trip to Fresno,etc...plus you have lots of other choices,there is always on-line shopping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mariposa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KOA - who runs it now and what's it called? Feb 16 DutchStarMike 1
Looking for a church in Merced??? (Oct '13) Dec '17 Sister Breckenridge 3
love you... (Apr '15) Dec '17 Santiago Medina 158
gay guys in merced ca (Oct '12) Nov '17 Versmcnutty 7
News Pigs making themselves at home in foothill yards (Nov '08) Nov '17 Black Elk Speaks 6
County & State officials charged with criminal ... Nov '17 Your Service Prov... 1
Merced Sucks. (Apr '15) Aug '17 From san Diego 8

Mariposa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mariposa Mortgages