Another View: When jury duty calls, j...

Another View: When jury duty calls, just do it

There are 1 comment on the Los Banos Enterprise story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Another View: When jury duty calls, just do it. In it, Los Banos Enterprise reports that:

The story last week on the front page of the Merced Sun-Star about the Mariposa County judge sending bailiffs to the local post office to round up jurors was quite a talker.Mariposa residents found out when a third don't show, somebody else is drafted.Most people didn't realize that judges have the power to conscript jurors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Banos Enterprise.

Sandra Linebarger

Hope, ID

#1 Oct 18, 2009
I would like to thank the person who commented "Also, where would the justice be for the victim or the victim's family? Let a murderer go free to avoid a small inconvenience of serving." I am the victim's sister and I would hate to think that a murderer was released in your town because there were not enough responsible people to see that justice is served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mariposa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
love you... (Apr '15) 23 hr Shhhh 131
What God Loves... (Nov '15) Jan 19 SMR 38
Not all Information on the Internet is true! Jan 12 Your Service Prov... 1
Stabbing man in the face 3 weeks ago Jan 4 Monika 1
Elder finacial Abuse (Nov '13) Dec '16 KBS 3
News Illegal Aliens Rally for Sanctuary for Aliens, ... Dec '16 kyman 2
Looking for a church in Merced??? (Oct '13) Dec '16 ll 2

Mariposa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance