Another View: When jury duty calls, just do it

The story last week on the front page of the Merced Sun-Star about the Mariposa County judge sending bailiffs to the local post office to round up jurors was quite a talker.Mariposa residents found out when a third don't show, somebody else is drafted.Most people didn't realize that judges have the power to conscript jurors. Full Story
Sandra Linebarger

Priest River, ID

#1 Oct 18, 2009
I would like to thank the person who commented "Also, where would the justice be for the victim or the victim's family? Let a murderer go free to avoid a small inconvenience of serving." I am the victim's sister and I would hate to think that a murderer was released in your town because there were not enough responsible people to see that justice is served.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mariposa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ran over by merced police 19 hr mihrtsnmo 1
Review: Chandelier Club (Jul '13) Dec 12 Maverick 12
The Reasons Why Nov '14 Mark 1
Chowchilla Shooting Leaves One Teen Dead, Two I... (Aug '06) Nov '14 ECM 11
Who do you support for U.S. House in California... (Oct '10) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 12
Historic Bridge Part of the Virginia Turnpike T... (Apr '14) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 2
Sleeping at the Post Office in Bridgeport, Cali... (Mar '12) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 2

Freeze Watch for Mariposa County was issued at December 25 at 4:44PM PST

Mariposa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mariposa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mariposa News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mariposa

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:54 pm PST