First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Here

Winsted, MN

#21 Mar 7, 2010
cjr wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't "vacation in Marion" we camp at a campground outside of Marion. We go camping and don't look for things to do in town...our friends at the campground are entertaining enough. A decent lake is not important to us as we don't fish and Kinney lake is small enough that there are not a lot of "day" boaters on it. We never go to dumpy taverns and all our drunk fat women we converse with are friends of ours and we enjoy listening to the babbling around a campfire and having a laugh or two with them. Sober or drunk, fat or skinny they are great people to be able to spend our weekends with.
Camping is not vacationing?? Wow.. that's interesting!
Just Here

Winsted, MN

#22 Mar 7, 2010
cjr wrote:
<quoted text>
As camper states as long as you have a lease you have legal rights, it doesn't matter what the name of the campground. I doubt anyone coming in would want to force the few remaining seasonal's out, as right now we are the only guaranteed income (be it from bar, power bills, store, rents still owed, whatever). We can all talk ourselves blue and in the end all of our speculation is going to count for naught. My opinion....the campground will be open this year, all of our leases will be honored and we will not be forced to pull our campers out, the receivor will pay the utilities in a timely manner...we will probably be lacking in activities and besides the permanent campers it will most likely be a ghost town. As it stands right now the bank is going to protect its interest in the business but Kastle Kampground as we knew it will no longer exist....people that have been there for years will have moved out and that alone will change the atmosphere. I just hope all of this is settled before the summer is over and we are not in limbo come September.
A new owner would only benefit from making everyone leave and starting fresh! Like, put up a strip mall!! lol
anonamous

Wausau, WI

#23 Apr 21, 2010
To anyone interested in Kastle Kampground. We are new comers to seasonal camping, & we picked Kastle Kampground. We know they have had their share of legal and financial problems, but the new management hopefully owners are doing everything possible to bring this campground back to a safe happy place for families to enjoy their summer vacations. Jay & Chuck along with their family's are super friendly people. So to all you campers out there, give Kastle Kampground a chance and be patient and supportive of the new managers, while they work through this foreclosure process.
anonamous

Wausau, WI

#24 Apr 21, 2010
Give the new management Jay & Chuck and their families a chance. They are doing everything possible to bring this campground back to a safe friendly place to spend your summer. ALL GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME
the big guy

Greenville, WI

#25 Apr 21, 2010
went to my seasonal 2 weeks ago and met the new management..they are very nice and are more organized already than the last management team...lets make kastle a great place to be.
same old kastle

Butler, AL

#26 Sep 1, 2010
the year started out strong with lots of big wishes but who really is going to be the new owners. have you checked out this socalled new owner you mite be suprized. and after checking them out u tell me how they can get finacing for the 3.1mill$ the bank needs. i seen alot of work go into that place and alot of long hours all summer up intill 2weeks ago but seen very little of the socalled new owners. the last couple of weeks the place has been like a ghost town. oh ya the bar store and resturant have been open so u can spend $ but thats it half the time you cant get a straight answer out of the office now and i seen the bartender working in there whats going on? seems too me the camper ran the place this year and did a better job than the socalled new owners and now that the summer is over nobody cares. so as i said same old kastle. thanks to the campers that spent there summer to make this a happy place for my family this year hope to see you again soon. you made my family and frends feel welcome and even made me laugh a few times.
idiots

Butler, AL

#27 Sep 8, 2010
if they think they can run this this way let them be we know better it will be back in the banks hands faster than they can blink, Just give it back to Chris he knows how to run it of course!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The cops in Clintonville are corrupt (Oct '07) Jun '17 Simple Simon 36
WolfWaterMelon Apr '17 WolfWaterMelon 1
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Dec '16 JPB 9
Review: Kastle Kampground (May '09) Feb '16 john scmith 906
Crazy J's Campgrounds (Jul '12) Jun '15 Farmer 288
Disabled Deer (Oct '12) Oct '12 Wendy Paiser 1
marion high (Sep '12) Sep '12 ben brown 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance