Kastle Kampground
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
robert

Menomonee Falls, WI

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Hi folks, I am a seasonal campeer at Kastle. Does anyone know if someone bought the campground.
I would like to stay....the campers and people in Marion are very nice.

Since: Jan 10

green bay

#2 Feb 16, 2010
robert wrote:
Hi folks, I am a seasonal campeer at Kastle. Does anyone know if someone bought the campground.
I would like to stay....the campers and people in Marion are very nice.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/marion-wi/TNC...
robert

Menomonee Falls, WI

#3 Feb 17, 2010
someone mentioned a list for a lawyer....can anyone tell me what I should do..I paid all of the 2010 rent
Duh

De Pere, WI

#4 Feb 18, 2010
robert wrote:
someone mentioned a list for a lawyer....can anyone tell me what I should do..I paid all of the 2010 rent
Wow, feel pretty stupid about that I hope....OUCH.

WHY would you have paid it all knowing what Brian did??? His snatch of a wife used your payment to spring his gay ass from jail...HANG ON to your receipt, you will need it...
justhere

Oshkosh, WI

#5 Feb 22, 2010
to robert from appleton) go on frist topix) then go to page 28) then look for post 562 from f v i .there you will find infro you need for the attorney. hope this helps you.
horses mouth

Oshkosh, WI

#6 Feb 22, 2010
to duh from appleton. it is plain and simple. we have all read the contacts. and sign them. the contacts states if all fees are not paided in full by may frist)then you have to pull your trailer and stuff out. of kampground. and if you dont you will be evicted. and face more fees. for thros that paided in full for 2010 we have no control were the money goes. at least we do not have to worrie about comming up with the payment in full. even if you only paided 200.00 you still have to pay the rest in full bye may or getout. so put your money were your mouth is. or keep your comment to your self.you are only hurting your self. p. s. for thros that paided in full if kampground closes then take kampground to court for your money. it will not close it is to much of a money maker. someone will take it over and run it. or buy it which ever comes frist. you all have a great day.
Just Here

Winsted, MN

#7 Feb 26, 2010
Anyone with a brain would have left and not paid their rent at all..
Duh

De Pere, WI

#8 Feb 26, 2010
Just Here wrote:
Anyone with a brain would have left and not paid their rent at all..
Yep....and if anybody THINKS this place is a great investment and it makes money hand over fist, you lack the very basics of math skills. Further more, if you think you will simply go to court to get your money back FAT CHANCE of that! Preferred creditors will get paid FIRST, and renters are never considered preffered creditors. If the place goes belly up, then gets bought, the new owner has NO obligation to honor what you paid the previous owner. Like I say...kiss that cash goodbye folks!
Just Here

Winsted, MN

#9 Feb 27, 2010
Hey Duh, have you seen the other forum for kastle? It's funny.. should check it out if you haven't.
robert from Appleton

Menomonee Falls, WI

#10 Feb 27, 2010
justhere wrote:
to robert from appleton) go on frist topix) then go to page 28) then look for post 562 from f v i .there you will find infro you need for the attorney. hope this helps you.
thank you for the response.....I do not know how to get to frist topix, the page and post...please help
wendy

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#11 Feb 27, 2010
scroll down to the bottom of this pageunder other recent Marion discussions and hit on Kastle Kampground with 630 posts
camper j

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2010
as long as the kastle kampground name is kept, and you have your receipt a new owner is obligated to honer what you have paid. The only way a new owner could get out of it is to totally close the camp ground have everyone move out and start from new.
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep....and if anybody THINKS this place is a great investment and it makes money hand over fist, you lack the very basics of math skills. Further more, if you think you will simply go to court to get your money back FAT CHANCE of that! Preferred creditors will get paid FIRST, and renters are never considered preffered creditors. If the place goes belly up, then gets bought, the new owner has NO obligation to honor what you paid the previous owner. Like I say...kiss that cash goodbye folks!
Jim

Appleton, WI

#13 Mar 1, 2010
There is a receivership hearing with the Court on Monday, March 8 on the campground. In all likelihood, one of the lenders will be appointed receiver. Then, the receiver (or someone experienced retained by them) will proceed to operate the campground for the year. Hang on to your receipt. Reservations should be honored and things should operate like a regular campground through the year.

So, don't panic or jump to conclusions. A week hence there should be an order entered by the court which will confirm the above. Lots of rumors out there---however, the info above are the true facts of the matter. The court website should also confirm that portion which relates to the receivership hearing, etc. This is a GOOD thing if you are concerned and a camper.

Shawano, WI

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Than you Jim!

Shawano, WI

#15 Mar 1, 2010
Jim wrote:
There is a receivership hearing with the Court on Monday, March 8 on the campground. In all likelihood, one of the lenders will be appointed receiver. Then, the receiver (or someone experienced retained by them) will proceed to operate the campground for the year. Hang on to your receipt. Reservations should be honored and things should operate like a regular campground through the year.
So, don't panic or jump to conclusions. A week hence there should be an order entered by the court which will confirm the above. Lots of rumors out there---however, the info above are the true facts of the matter. The court website should also confirm that portion which relates to the receivership hearing, etc. This is a GOOD thing if you are concerned and a camper.
THANK YOU JIM!
cjr

Shawano, WI

#16 Mar 1, 2010
camper j wrote:
as long as the kastle kampground name is kept, and you have your receipt a new owner is obligated to honer what you have paid. The only way a new owner could get out of it is to totally close the camp ground have everyone move out and start from new.<quoted text>
As camper states as long as you have a lease you have legal rights, it doesn't matter what the name of the campground. I doubt anyone coming in would want to force the few remaining seasonal's out, as right now we are the only guaranteed income (be it from bar, power bills, store, rents still owed, whatever). We can all talk ourselves blue and in the end all of our speculation is going to count for naught. My opinion....the campground will be open this year, all of our leases will be honored and we will not be forced to pull our campers out, the receivor will pay the utilities in a timely manner...we will probably be lacking in activities and besides the permanent campers it will most likely be a ghost town. As it stands right now the bank is going to protect its interest in the business but Kastle Kampground as we knew it will no longer exist....people that have been there for years will have moved out and that alone will change the atmosphere. I just hope all of this is settled before the summer is over and we are not in limbo come September.
the real story

Clintonville, WI

#17 Mar 2, 2010
I still find it hard to believe people choose to vacation in Marion of all places. So many nicer places on decent lakes, around towns with other things to do than sit in dumpy taverns listening to babbling fat drunk women.
cjr

Shawano, WI

#18 Mar 2, 2010
the real story wrote:
I still find it hard to believe people choose to vacation in Marion of all places. So many nicer places on decent lakes, around towns with other things to do than sit in dumpy taverns listening to babbling fat drunk women.
We don't "vacation in Marion" we camp at a campground outside of Marion. We go camping and don't look for things to do in town...our friends at the campground are entertaining enough. A decent lake is not important to us as we don't fish and Kinney lake is small enough that there are not a lot of "day" boaters on it. We never go to dumpy taverns and all our drunk fat women we converse with are friends of ours and we enjoy listening to the babbling around a campfire and having a laugh or two with them. Sober or drunk, fat or skinny they are great people to be able to spend our weekends with.
Robert from Appleton

Menomonee Falls, WI

#19 Mar 2, 2010
Lately there have been some great technical comments as well as those who like Kastle Kampground seasonal folks. My family go there on the weekends...not to vacation. We are surrounded by nice folks that are helpful and fun to be with.
There are those unfortunate people that are negative and just do not comprehend that retirees, professional people, and others stay there on the weekends. In my neck of the woods there are two ex-policemen. I am one of the few in the neighborhhood that like to go to dumpy bars.
tkdf

Marion, WI

#20 Mar 3, 2010
I have a permanent site there and am selling everything. I only paid my 200.00 to stay over the winter with everything that was going on I was waiting to see if more would happen and of course a foreclosure action has been filed, rumors it has been bought or an attorney is involved. One will never know but taking the campground to court to get your mmoney is not going to help. You cannot get what they don't have. They have so many actions against them right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girl Scout Cookies today outside Weilands 12-4p Mar '16 MollypMaddy 1
Clintonville Drug Busts (Sep '09) Mar '16 Mine 11
The cops in Clintonville are corrupt (Oct '07) Mar '16 Mine 30
News Booms Quieting Down in Clintonville (Apr '12) Mar '16 Bert OZ 3
Review: Kastle Kampground (May '09) Feb '16 john scmith 906
Crazy J's Campgrounds (Jul '12) Jun '15 Farmer 288
Seagrave (Jan '15) Jan '15 Anonymous 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages