First Prev
of 7
Next Last
pdoff

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Apr 17, 2012
you the management of trw need to quit making your employees suffer for your ignorance mandating over time isnt gonna fix whats wrong with trw the place is grossly missnmanaged .people dont want to work all the time and the pay stinks to long a time span to top out and you dont see management workin their life away . i think the employees need to wake up and put a union in that place
Old Timer

Marion, VA

#2 Apr 17, 2012
A union would be a great idea. You would go from complaining about working overtime to complaining about the long lines at the unemployment office. People are looking for work and you are complaining about working overtime.
Angel-Eyes

United States

#3 Apr 17, 2012
What Trw needs is to hire more people now i don't mind working OT cause i need it but its hard running 3 or more machines cause we are short handed so i hope they do put more people on the lines
screwd over

Coeburn, VA

#4 Apr 17, 2012
I dont mind the overtime and am more than happy to have a job when there are so many others out there that dont but this new thing they have came up with is stupid. Some of us have families and all of us have lives and we are expected to devote all of our time to TRW. They have taken all of the things they used to give us like Dollywood tickets, movie tickets, shift differential, Holiday meals, gift certificate drawings, and in place of all that they want us to work harder and longer. By all means i am not complaining about having a job, i have to have one but where does the stupidity end? I have already worked two 12 hr shifts voluntarily this week and there are plenty that do it because they need the money but when they start trying to force you to work for someone else or you loose YOUR personal time, how is that fair? As for OLD TIMERS remark i understand what you are saying but when you have worked sometimes 7 months straight with not even one day off stress and tiredness can tend to get the best of you. There was a time when TRW was THE place to work, now i wouldnt suggest it to my worst enemy,just sayin
NO To Love

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Apr 17, 2012
I think the problem started several years ago when the plant manager retired. What was his name?
ADAM B

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Apr 17, 2012
screwd over wrote:
I dont mind the overtime and am more than happy to have a job when there are so many others out there that dont but this new thing they have came up with is stupid. Some of us have families and all of us have lives and we are expected to devote all of our time to TRW. They have taken all of the things they used to give us like Dollywood tickets, movie tickets, shift differential, Holiday meals, gift certificate drawings, and in place of all that they want us to work harder and longer. By all means i am not complaining about having a job, i have to have one but where does the stupidity end? I have already worked two 12 hr shifts voluntarily this week and there are plenty that do it because they need the money but when they start trying to force you to work for someone else or you loose YOUR personal time, how is that fair? As for OLD TIMERS remark i understand what you are saying but when you have worked sometimes 7 months straight with not even one day off stress and tiredness can tend to get the best of you. There was a time when TRW was THE place to work, now i wouldnt suggest it to my worst enemy,just sayin
I think that anything over 40 hours should be volunteer. Everyone needs time with there family. God, Family, Work thats the order I believe in.
caesar

Wytheville, VA

#7 Apr 17, 2012
screwd over wrote:
I dont mind the overtime and am more than happy to have a job when there are so many others out there that dont but this new thing they have came up with is stupid. Some of us have families and all of us have lives and we are expected to devote all of our time to TRW. They have taken all of the things they used to give us like Dollywood tickets, movie tickets, shift differential, Holiday meals, gift certificate drawings, and in place of all that they want us to work harder and longer. By all means i am not complaining about having a job, i have to have one but where does the stupidity end? I have already worked two 12 hr shifts voluntarily this week and there are plenty that do it because they need the money but when they start trying to force you to work for someone else or you loose YOUR personal time, how is that fair? As for OLD TIMERS remark i understand what you are saying but when you have worked sometimes 7 months straight with not even one day off stress and tiredness can tend to get the best of you. There was a time when TRW was THE place to work, now i wouldnt suggest it to my worst enemy,just sayin
I don't understand todays workforce. When I got married and started a family, my job required me to work 7 days a week, 14 hours a day. I made lots of money and was glad to have such a job. I did that for 9 years and retired.
2good2betrue

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 17, 2012
Was the plant manager's name Chris?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 17, 2012
ADAM B wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that anything over 40 hours should be volunteer. Everyone needs time with there family. God, Family, Work thats the order I believe in.
That's why Manuel will have your job, and you'll be crying that you have to work so hard. Why don't you try for disability lazy ass? And quit running your mouth and just do what you're directed to do. If your God didn't want you to work so hard, he would have made time for you to loaf.
onewhoknows

Saltville, VA

#10 Apr 17, 2012
TRW was a good place to work...years ago. How do I know, because I worked there for 9 years. There are lots of good people who work on the shop floor but when I see them out in town, all of them talk about how bad management is now and how they are treated. Management needs to open their eyes and realize that there is more to life than working. I know that there are several good management people left at TRW and I know they have to meet their production numbers to make the higher ups happy but people have lives outside of TRW...and yes people, there is life after TRW.
onewhoknows

Saltville, VA

#11 Apr 17, 2012
Mike Kelly was the plant manager until Jim Duerhing took over then he was replaced by Pat Messer.
2good2betrue

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Apr 17, 2012
Caesar, sounds ike you been around awhile. Nowadays, we can't "just work 9 yrs & retire" we have to work way beyond a reasonable retirement age just to afford health insurance. By the time I can retire, there probably won't be any Social Security. I give 100% everyday and am grateful to have a job, BUT that doesn't mean we have to be treated badly. You need to take off those rose colored glasses and look around you at the real world TODAY, not "back when you got married and started a family". RESPECT is a 2-way street. Maybe we could have the CEO appear on "Undercover Boss", bet he'd get both eyes and both ears full.
2good2betrue

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Apr 17, 2012
Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> That's why Manuel will have your job, and you'll be crying that you have to work so hard. Why don't you try for disability lazy ass? And quit running your mouth and just do what you're directed to do. If your God didn't want you to work so hard, he would have made time for you to loaf.
Whew! I'll bet Dick Cheney would've hired you in a heartbeat!!!! You could be President of Haliburton by now!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 Apr 17, 2012
2good2betrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew! I'll bet Dick Cheney would've hired you in a heartbeat!!!! You could be President of Haliburton by now!
I've been President or CEO of every company I've worked for since I learned that life ain't fair and a man needs to suck it up and do what needs to be done. If you think you should be able to pick and choose when and what you need to work at, then you're not living in the real world. Undercover Boss makes me want to throw up, where are the half fast employees?? It don't show all those Mexicans you turds are always bitchin about.....it only shows the people that workers like you would call a suck ass.
ADAM B

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Apr 17, 2012
Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> That's why Manuel will have your job, and you'll be crying that you have to work so hard. Why don't you try for disability lazy ass? And quit running your mouth and just do what you're directed to do. If your God didn't want you to work so hard, he would have made time for you to loaf.
I think you are mentally challenged. What do you do for work? I am going to guess Topix is your job because all you do is troll this sight day after day all times of the day. I work to live I don't live to work.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#16 Apr 17, 2012
ADAM B wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are mentally challenged. What do you do for work? I am going to guess Topix is your job because all you do is troll this sight day after day all times of the day. I work to live I don't live to work.
I'd say you don't like to work at all. And how do you know I "troll" this site day after day all times of day if you're not doing the same? Maybe you should subscribe to some more Direct TV channels instead of trying to spout off on Topix. You'd probably bitch that you had to work more hours to pay for extra channels though. When you have to ask your boss "Manuel" to leave in eight hours you'll have a different attitude. Don't be another wanna be.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 Apr 17, 2012
ADAM B wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are mentally challenged. What do you do for work? I am going to guess Topix is your job because all you do is troll this sight day after day all times of the day. I work to live I don't live to work.
I sorry Adam I agree with you compleatly all I do is troll all day and I am on welfare. P.S. I am also gay and love Obama. OBAMA 12
Jason

Marion, VA

#18 Apr 17, 2012
HarIey T Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I sorry Adam I agree with you compleatly all I do is troll all day and I am on welfare. P.S. I am also gay and love Obama. OBAMA 12
I'll bet you are everything you say you are.
Old Timer

Marion, VA

#19 Apr 17, 2012
Changes in local management can make a difference but decisions by upper management determines how a company is run.

I worked for the same company for over 31 years in both good times and bad. When jobs were plentiful and times were good, we were treated well with fair wages, good benefits and good workloads. When jobs were scarce and times were bad, we were overworked, underpaid and benefits were reduced. The economy cycled between good and bad during the time I worked for them and upper management shifted between good and bad each time.

It's a supply and demand thing. If management thinks they have you trapped, they treat you poorly but if they think you can leave and get a better job, they treat you much better.
bob

Norfolk, VA

#20 Apr 17, 2012
I to worked there. After only being there for 2 weeks I was running 3 stations. Harley, people should not work there lives away. 12 hours a day 7 days a week- no. No wonder they have no help. A company had to take care of their people. Common sense just isn't common I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marion Football 42 min football 2A 3
tax (Aug '13) 3 hr sarah 7
what isgoing on?? 7 hr cloudy 3
Christmas 23 hr maybee 3
Amanda at utility 23 hr kaybee 11
Chas deskins Dodson Tue wow 2
Another Tue day 2
Marion Dating
Find my Match

Marion Jobs

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marion News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marion

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]