Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
troops

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Sep 14, 2011
there's a bar in 7 mile ford and it's not too hopping. there was once a pool hall in 7mile ford too and it flopped because only skanky roughnecks hung out there. not knocking your idea but i dont think it will work.
as far as the idiot who wants so much attention that he spells everything to the point you can't read it...where's the moderator? Can they not block his IP for a week until he stops this? Freedom of speech is one thing but wasting peoples' time is another. Never anything productive. I think if people (myself included) wuit calling him out on it then he will get bored and go play with his game console.
Seriously

Nashville, TN

#22 Sep 15, 2011
Well maybe you are just dumb and so ignorant you don't know what actually brings money in, I have lived other places besides Meth County and let me tell you something, The BARS, The FAST FOOD, and the TATTOO shops are what brings in the money, especially around any Military base. BUT it is BIBLE THUMPERS that mess that up here because anything that wants to come in Smyth County like a bar or a tattoo place they pretty well get the door shut in their face!!! As for the Bar Idea I think it's a wonderful Ideal if you like drugs and underage drinking go elsewhere and watch them leave F-ED up then drive off and take that chance of killing someone you go right ahead, but the person asked everyone for their ideals and I gave my Level headed two cents worth if all you have to do is get on a total drama train then I advise you to take it elsewhere because i don't like drama and especially do not tolerate it!!!
Seriously

Nashville, TN

#23 Sep 15, 2011
harley t ford wrote:
I would shoot myself for making such a stupid business decision, that is if my wife didn't do for me!
if this is to My thread then here is my thread to accommodate yours have a wonderful day!!!!

Well maybe you are just dumb and so ignorant you don't know what actually brings money in, I have lived other places besides Meth County and let me tell you something, The BARS, The FAST FOOD, and the TATTOO shops are what brings in the money, especially around any Military base. BUT it is BIBLE THUMPERS that mess that up here because anything that wants to come in Smyth County like a bar or a tattoo place they pretty well get the door shut in their face!!! As for the Bar Idea I think it's a wonderful Ideal if you like drugs and underage drinking go elsewhere and watch them leave F-ED up then drive off and take that chance of killing someone you go right ahead, but the person asked everyone for their ideals and I gave my Level headed two cents worth if all you have to do is get on a total drama train then I advise you to take it elsewhere because i don't like drama and especially do not tolerate it!!!
CottonEye

Burlington, VT

#24 Sep 15, 2011
Why not do a combination of a couple of the ideas. You could put gas, and basic convient store items in, a food bar, and then in the other section of the store, have an amish, home made, craft like area. They could put in rocking chairs and let folks sit around and shoot the breeze. It could be nice if someone did it right. The bar idea could work, if it was done in the right was as well. If they had an area for live music, etc. The problem would be that you are in an agricultural and residential area there. You have houses on both ends of the store. I may be wrong, but I dont think that those people would care too much for the noise and the issues that come with a bar/club. If it was a different location it would not be a bad idea.
Old Timer

Marion, VA

#25 Sep 15, 2011
A bar would never fly that close to the proposed new school.
whatever

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Sep 15, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Actually, the "bible thumpers" had a tattoo shop right on main street in Marion...a few years ago....and I can think of several places in Marion to go have an adult beverage...and really, over seven fast food restaurants in Marion is plenty... I'm not knocking your post or idea to bring in new business, every idea is worth hearing, I'm just saying that I don't think it's valid to say we are lackin because of "bible thumpers."
whatever

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Sep 15, 2011
Old Timer wrote:
A bar would never fly that close to the proposed new school.
Actually, it isn't "proposed." It's going to be built. They approved it.
Old Timer

Marion, VA

#28 Sep 15, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it isn't "proposed." It's going to be built. They approved it.
I know but some of the readers are not well informed amd would have found issue with it.
whatever

Coeburn, VA

#29 Sep 15, 2011
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>I know but some of the readers are not well informed amd would have found issue with it.
Oh you are exactly right! A bar would not be welcome that close to the school, however I just wanted to make it known that the school has passed. Maybe someone could open that place as an after school program for kids.
my twinkle toes

Coeburn, VA

#30 Sep 15, 2011
That corner is zoned residential/ agricultural/ commercial by the County. Reasonably sure of that. Better check with the health dept. about food prep., though. If you have a sit down eatery, you must provide restrooms, too. There IS a problem with sewer there. I know this as a former employee of the Food Center and the old drive-in.I think that a bar with live bands would be great! Distance to the new school would be a mile or more, so it would not be a problem there, I don't think. All of these ideas proposed would be great!!
I Need

Nashville, TN

#31 Sep 16, 2011
I need a store that has milk that's not out of date, meal with no worms,and allows a different yard sale every week.
troops

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Sep 16, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Sounds like someone needs their pamper changed! Chilhowie has a tattoo shop now, I bet the money is just dripping and oozing all over your town *right*! I like the guy who owns the shop but I can tell you he is no millionaire. He does his job because he likes it and he has a talent, not because people are beating down the doors to fling money at him. We don't have a military base anywhere around here, and meth has nothing to do with tattoos. In fact, i bet every person busted with meth has at least one tattoo if not 20! There is a bar in 7-mile ford and let me tell you, that little strip of area is just BOOMING because like you said, bars bring the $$. Marion has about every fast food chain and you can see how much money they have stock-piled..none! I don't really care where you lived but I bet their glad to see your whiney butt gone. I'm glad you don't tolerate drama. You can come prove your point on that at the corner of crybaby and bullshit street.
Biblethumper

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Sep 16, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
if this is to My thread then here is my thread to accommodate yours have a wonderful day!!!!
I bet if someone in your family was very sick you would welcome the BIBLE THUMPERS PRAYERS.

Since: Apr 11

Knoxville, TN

#34 Sep 21, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't respond to your damned thread. I was stating the fact that this is a piss poor place for any business, period! The last time I checked the asking price, I think it was in the quarter million range, a bit steep for a place with a track record like it has. Can't even have a pisser in the damn place. By the way kiss ole ass.

Since: Apr 11

Marion, VA

#35 Sep 21, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Also seriously you use the words dumb and ignorant, I do think I make more damn money by accident than you do by trying!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#36 Sep 28, 2011
i would tear it down an build a nice little dress shop not i would tear it down an build a hot club for everyone who wanted to just have fun an eat some good food with games an dancing but no alcoholic beverages as it would allow teens an adults but noone under 16
after a certain hour
curious

Nashville, TN

#37 Sep 28, 2011
harley t ford wrote:
<quoted text>Also seriously you use the words dumb and ignorant, I do think I make more damn money by accident than you do by trying!
You make more money by what flipping burgers at the Local McDonalds wow Min wage really gets you places doesn't it so what do you have to brag about besides your pinto and a burger joint job, NOTHING before you start typing next time try thinking about what are you gonna say first before spilling out a bunch of garbage next time!!! Because I can honestly say that My Husband makes damn good money and that's not no help to the state of VA, I maybe from the area but I got out long ago...So try going out and getting a job that really Counts for something!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric widner from utility 28 min Informant 2
Teaching in Smyth County 30 min Curious 15
Jonathan Delp and Alisha Thomas Surber wanted b... 1 hr I need to regurgi... 25
Dakota 2 hr Wondering 5
Brandon at Aaron's 5 hr marion 11
Need a haircut 8 hr New here 1
Marion football answers Thu Hurricane fan 10
•••
•••
•••