CHS football misconduct
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Sep 23, 2012
They didn't have any bullying books when I was growing up and everyone seemed to get along fine. It is when you get the wimpy parents involved you have a problem. Parents at times create their own problems. Ever watch some of them and their sportsmanship at the ball games. Parents are far worse than their children. A lot of the parents are still immature. JUST SAYIN!
Agree

Knoxville, TN

#24 Sep 23, 2012
Earl wrote:
They didn't have any bullying books when I was growing up and everyone seemed to get along fine. It is when you get the wimpy parents involved you have a problem. Parents at times create their own problems. Ever watch some of them and their sportsmanship at the ball games. Parents are far worse than their children. A lot of the parents are still immature. JUST SAYIN!
Earl, this is so very true! No wonder kids are the way they are today. And it seems to get worse everyday. Parents are a lot of the problem and their kids learn behavior habits from them! Very sad
Dutch

Strawberry Plains, TN

#25 Sep 23, 2012
Earl wrote:
some may be immature but you seem immature and stupid.
chilhowie resident

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Sep 23, 2012
i think they should be punished and their coaches and teachers that knew about this and did nothing about it should be fired . If that goes unpunished the school board should be replaced .
Dilbert

Gladys, VA

#27 Sep 23, 2012
Well when you have nepotism in the chain of command, and high dollar mommy and daddies, nothing will be done. If these were some poor kids from the wrong side of the tracks, the book would be thrown at them, and those who knew about it. I agree teens do stupid things. They dont think about consequences or how bad something may turn out. I don't think they should have criminal charges but something should be done. From what I understand, the boys pretty much got over it quickly but the stink comes from the issues with the investigation and the fact that some one tried to sweep it under the rug. That is an even bigger problem than what actually happened. When we can't trust those who are supposed to help our kids, because of a personal closeness to the situation, something should be done. Still I have an issue with why anyone would think its funny or cool to get another guy down and rub your genitals in his face, underwear on or not. Gross. Kids will be kids, and boys will be boys, but I can tell you none of us ever did that to anyone and neither did anyone else I know LOL. If I had told my dad I had done something like that as a joke, he would have had my head examined.
Commenter

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Sep 23, 2012
This whole situation is horrible. First of all, it should never have happened. Second of all, once it was discovered immediate responses should have been made. I do not know all of the facts, but I heard that the principal's son was involved. I have also heard that the boys in question were not punished, merely slapped on the wrist. If these facts are correct, Smyth County Schools have major concerns. Remember the events that took place at Penn State? If the school officials turn a blind eye to this incident, who's to say it wouldn't happen if a harsher crime is committed. In my opinion, this is a form of bullying, hazing, and should not be tolerated. I know which town my children will stay out of in the future.
Willy Cosmo

Strawberry Plains, TN

#29 Sep 23, 2012
Really!?! If it was just a "hey, I'm gay thing" then why didn't the four upper classmen in question just come out of the closet with their homosexuality in a much less demoralizing, offensive way to others, rather than mortifying others? This the 21st century, if the principal's son and his fellow lads want to be gay then there are much healthier ways to do so than to go out and rape 4 underclassmen. Or perhaps it is the rape aspect that they crave instead? I mean, really, if you were a guy and into guys and all why not just load up and head out to J-City on the weekend that certain bar as opposed to forcing underclassmen into submitting into lurid acts?
rmoney

King William, VA

#30 Sep 24, 2012
It was just boys being boys. they go around pinching nipples & cup checking each other for.the hell of it. Their young,stupid & unaware. dear lord people. dont get so excited overhearing young boys horseplay.
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#31 Sep 24, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Earl, this is so very true! No wonder kids are the way they are today. And it seems to get worse everyday. Parents are a lot of the problem and their kids learn behavior habits from them! Very sad
Just a good reason why childern should not have children.Before you have a family, you should be #1 be married#2 have an education beyond high school #3 have a job #4 be at least 21 years old.
you know

Strawberry Plains, TN

#32 Sep 24, 2012
rmoney wrote:
It was just boys being boys. they go around pinching nipples & cup checking each other for.the hell of it. Their young,stupid & unaware. dear lord people. dont get so excited overhearing young boys horseplay.
and don't take the Lord's name in vain.
Dutch

Strawberry Plains, TN

#33 Sep 24, 2012
rmoney wrote:
then let them do it to you if it is such fun!
lol

Johnson City, TN

#34 Sep 24, 2012
You knew the principal wasn't going to make sure it was covered up.
private one

Marion, VA

#35 Sep 24, 2012
He should have the same punishment, I do NOT care if it is a principal, parent or who ever!! This was mean will will haunt the victim the rest of his life!! God Bless the victim!!!
Lulu

Charlottesville, VA

#36 Sep 24, 2012
Post exactly what happened. All these posts criticizing and no true indication of what was done. I don't think any one really knows what was done and all you have heard was rumors and then jumped on the net and posted to rumors.
Dilbert

Gladys, VA

#37 Sep 24, 2012
If you go to the Chilhowie forum about this subject you will find more out. From what I can put together, the guys were in their underwear. They held down the underclassmen and rubbed/ground their genitals in the face and mouth of the team mates. Some other team mate was capturing it all on camera. Now not only is that gross and wrong because that is not "just boys being boys"- but the rabbit hole is deeper than just the event. According to what the Chil. forum says, one of the guys was the son of the school principal, and the lady that was sent to "investigate" from the school board is the boys mother. Instead of asking the case to be reassigned, the allegation is that she tried to sweep it under the rug. Now the police have found no criminal charges, mainly due to the fact no one would come forward officially and lack of evidence (in my opinion)- as the videos were magically erased. Now it is up to the school to dole out punishment- which from what I understand is being "appealed".
Warrior Football player

Knoxville, TN

#38 Sep 24, 2012
Dilbert wrote:
If you go to the Chilhowie forum about this subject you will find more out. From what I can put together, the guys were in their underwear. They held down the underclassmen and rubbed/ground their genitals in the face and mouth of the team mates. Some other team mate was capturing it all on camera. Now not only is that gross and wrong because that is not "just boys being boys"- but the rabbit hole is deeper than just the event. According to what the Chil. forum says, one of the guys was the son of the school principal, and the lady that was sent to "investigate" from the school board is the boys mother. Instead of asking the case to be reassigned, the allegation is that she tried to sweep it under the rug. Now the police have found no criminal charges, mainly due to the fact no one would come forward officially and lack of evidence (in my opinion)- as the videos were magically erased. Now it is up to the school to dole out punishment- which from what I understand is being "appealed".
First of all, most of the stuff on the Chilhowie forum and this forum are rumors. It was even on the news for god sakes. If you dont believe what they said then dont believe anything at all
Dilbert

Gladys, VA

#39 Sep 24, 2012
Well all the news said was that the police had cleared criminal activity from the boys. However, nothing can stop a parent from taking a personal civil suit against whom ever they please. Not that I think it should result in that. Furthermore, I was responding to an above poster. I did not say that my post was fact, I was simply stating the gist of the Chilhowie forum. The end.
ole joe

Strawberry Plains, TN

#40 Sep 24, 2012
Warrior Football player wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, most of the stuff on the Chilhowie forum and this forum are rumors. It was even on the news for god sakes. If you dont believe what they said then dont believe anything at all
Like I believe you, you don't have sense enough to captilize God. You need educated.
Lulu

Charlottesville, VA

#41 Sep 24, 2012
ole joe wrote:
<quoted text>Like I believe you, you don't have sense enough to captilize God. You need educated.
Check god god god god god god ! Where is my red pencil, someone hid it that didn't have good sense. I made a post because I really didn't have much to say.
cecille

Strawberry Plains, TN

#42 Sep 25, 2012
Warrior Football player wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, most of the stuff on the Chilhowie forum and this forum are rumors. It was even on the news for god sakes. If you dont believe what they said then dont believe anything at all
Is this Jessica talking? ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 24 min Sculptorneedsnewjob 88
Marion prison 1 hr Lynn 28
Akers 2 hr Julius 60
jason T (Mar '12) 3 hr intheknowNOT 15
Rene hill delp 3 hr Travis W 4
Nikki s.a. 16 hr Pervert Pete 4
Dustin Romines Thu Korn whole Connie 8

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance