Halloween attractions in/ around this...

Halloween attractions in/ around this area

Posted in the Marion Forum

Since: Jul 10

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Since I'm new to the area was just wondering if anyone knew of any local halloween attractions? Like haunted houses or trails? We had a few pretty big ones where we used to live so I'm just wondering if Smyth or any of the surrounding counties have anything like this to offer?
Ken Heath

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
I understand that Park Place drive in might have a haunted house this year. On Saturday, Oct 30th, there are tons of activities downtown. Kicks off at the Farmers Market 8am - noon, with a "Harvest Festival" theme - music, pumpkins, local and regional authors, ghost stories. The library will be giving away free Halloween books to kids from 10 til noon. Pitter Patter Pathways, across from Hardees, will have a "Kids Zone", with inflatables, haunted house, costume contest, and lots of goodies from 11 til 3. Then area churches, downtown businesses, Marion Police, Fire, and Life Saving Crew are invited to participate in a "Trunk or Treat" at the Farmers Market from 5pm til 8.

Downtown restaurants will have food and drink specials for grown ups, and the Black Rooster will be doing a giant Halloween party that night, with prizes for best adult costumes.
Hallowiener lol

Coeburn, VA

#3 Sep 25, 2010
When is trick or treating this year?
Ken Heath

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Saturday, Oct 30
Hallowiener lol

Coeburn, VA

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Thank you
LOLZ

Johnson City, TN

#6 Sep 28, 2010
are you going to announce that? because a lot of people are asking and no one has said anything for sure.
Ken Heath

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Sep 28, 2010
It has been announced in the Smyth County News and other media. Please help get the word around. Thanks!
hdawg

Nashville, TN

#8 Oct 12, 2010
is trick or treating on the 30th everywhere this year? or just for smyth county? because i have not heard anything about this and was planning on going the 31st...i havent heard anything on the news or anything
Emt

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 12, 2010
major grahams haunted mansion in max meadows, spookyworldusa.com go check it out supposed to be really haunted but only open select dates

Since: Sep 10

Knoxville, TN

#10 Oct 12, 2010
we are hosting a haunt starting this weekend and goin til the end of OCT 8pm to 12 am At our showgrounds (Thomas Bridge area) South fork rd Marion
www.wanteddeadoralivehauntings.webs.com
saltville

Crozet, VA

#11 Oct 20, 2010
there is going to be a haunted thing at the rich valley fair grounds starting this saturday the 23. its called cirque de morte and its usually pretty good. they have it in a different place every year and I always go...i love it...its pretty freaky. I also heard the major grahams was pretty good.

here is a site for the one in rich valley
http://www.myspace.com/undertakerbill
lenfinn

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 21, 2010
I don't understand this arbitrary decision made by someone (would like to know whom exactly) to declare trick or treating to be on Oct. 30. Saturday is not Halloween. Kids trick or treat on Halloween not the day before. Who cares what day of the week that happens to fall on? What happens if you take your kids trick or treating on Halloween?
INFORMATION

United States

#13 Oct 21, 2010
Wythe Co. is observing theirs on Sun. Oct. 31 Halloween. I think it is better to do it on Sat. in conjunction with other things going on that day in Smyth Co. & also the people care who go to church on Sun. nights.
lenfinn

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 21, 2010
Why can't people who go to church on Sunday nights trick or treat before or after their services? People also go to church on Wed. nights. Do we change Halloween when the 31st falls on Wed? I don't think so. I have to work on Sat. evenings and I want to take my kids trick or treating. I didn't ask off for the 30th because that isn't Halloween and I always have Sundays off. Now that I find out about all this silliness with Sunday, it's too late for me to be off. This whole thing is frustrating. I just want my kids to have a fun Halloween. Thanks for the Wythe Co. info. Guess I'll be driving to Wytheville just so my kids can trick or treat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsay R.I.P. 1 hr Outsider 12
Jason edwards 2 hr said right 6
Wendy Wilson Hicks (Jun '13) 3 hr TrashBeGone 42
Lindsay Coley 8 hr Jessica 2
Alisha Thomas snitch/thief 9 hr Trashy 10
DParks 15 hr Atkins princess 2
fake people Sun Tryth 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages