MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Does anyone know who I should contact--outside of the town of Marion--to get public water??? I live in town and our water lines are rotten and my neighbors and I haven't had any water to speak of in 2 months now. I've been to the Mayors office, town hall, town shop and talked to town Mgr. John Clark. All I get is smoke blown up my ass!! Every time I talk to them they say next week, next week, next week...BS!! When will next week ever come?? We pay for public water...why can't we have it!!! If anyone has any suggustions I would greatly appreciate it!!
caesar

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

MelissaG wrote:
Does anyone know who I should contact--outside of the town of Marion--to get public water??? I live in town and our water lines are rotten and my neighbors and I haven't had any water to speak of in 2 months now. I've been to the Mayors office, town hall, town shop and talked to town Mgr. John Clark. All I get is smoke blown up my ass!! Every time I talk to them they say next week, next week, next week...BS!! When will next week ever come?? We pay for public water...why can't we have it!!! If anyone has any suggustions I would greatly appreciate it!!
Send the Mayor a certified letter saying if the town don't give you any satisfaction, you will call Farncis Bros, have them fix the problem and send the town the bill.
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

lol, that's a good one caesar!! It would be great if it would work!! I think we need to get a new town mgr and mayor (John Clark and David Helms)...the ones we have don't do their job. I bet if they didn't have any water they would be raising hell too!!
Ken Heath

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

Judged:

I don' t know if I can help, but would be happy to try. Is the problem with the lines on the town's side of your meter, or on your side? If they are on your side, the town can' fix them. Francis Brothers, Ted Dunford, Mark Byrd or any number of good plumbers are available. If it is on the town's side, what is the reason you've been gven for it not being fixed? Since you didn't give a street, I can't know what the issue might be, but would be happy to look into it for you. If you don't want to post additional info here (which I wouldn't recommend), email me at kheath@marionva.com and I'll see what I can find out for you.
sac

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2011

i know why its not been fix cause the all the men who works for the town almost walked out the other day i dont see how they put up with it vote for a change next town election people
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

yes, we need a change!! People have gotten too comfortable in their positions and have forgotten their job duties!! And if they would would get a few good men to work for the town and pay them decent wages, they would work better and longer. Who can support a family on min. wage? Maybe our elected officials should try it!!!
pothole

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Hey Ken Heath

Big pothole around manhole at the intersection of East Chilhowie Street and Gilman.
Sure needs to be fixed.

Thanks.
citizen kane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

I suspect that the problem is on the house side of the meter, which makes it the owners problem....
Ken Heath

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

pothole wrote:
Hey Ken Heath
Big pothole around manhole at the intersection of East Chilhowie Street and Gilman.
Sure needs to be fixed.
Thanks.
The guys are patching this week - I'll add it to the list - thanks for the heads up!
Ken Heath

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@MelissaG: where do you live? I'll be happy to look into the situation, but need information do to so.
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

Ken, i sent you an e-mail yesterday at the address you posted above. I live on Prescott Ave. Thanks, but I called the Va. Dept of Health and Drinking Water in Abingdon and got things resolved. A sub-contractor is out here now digging to lay new water lines for myself and my neighbors! Woo Hoo!! It's just a shame that this issue couldn't have been handled professionally by the town 2 months ago when we first reported it. Thanks for your interest and offers to help though, I really appreciate it, you're the only one in this town who listened!!
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

citizen kane, the problem is on the town side of the meter, 18 water leaks and rotten lines!!
Ken Heath

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@melissa: I'm glad you're getting the issue resolved. I asked the ladies upstairs, and there were several reports last week of very low pressure in your area. There are several leaks in the line, best the crews can tell, and they notified Miss Utility to mark all underground utilities before they can dig. Feel free to call me and let me know how this works out.
Ken Heath

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@melissa: I just came by your property, and the work being done is a town project. The subcontractor is the one we generally use, and the holdup was in getting the underground utilities marked (yesterday) and the arrival of materials (they just got here about 2:00). The subcontractor has mobilized his equipment, and I understand the entire stretch of problematic water line is being replaced. This should fix the low presssure issues you and your neighbors have been having.

Sorry for any miscommunications, and for the delays. But I'm certain the problem will be resolved with this fix.
caesar

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

MelissaG wrote:
yes, we need a change!! People have gotten too comfortable in their positions and have forgotten their job duties!! And if they would would get a few good men to work for the town and pay them decent wages, they would work better and longer. Who can support a family on min. wage? Maybe our elected officials should try it!!!
I have to defend mayor Helms, he is one of the best mayors Marion has ever had.He is always ready to listen to whatever problems I might have, Mr. Clark also has always been helpful. They are doing their best to serve the people of Marion with what money they have to do with, because of all the unemployment and the factories leaving the area, the tax base has really sufferd. Give them a break.It ain't easy running a town when half of the citizens are so quick to criticize the elected leaders. You should run for office sometime,and get elected, and see what it is like to get a call at two am complaining about the snowplow covering your car up when you park in the street.
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@caesar, I'm really not one to quickly criticize those in office, but after 2 1/2 months of trying to resolve a water issue, that these officials simply refused to address, I feel like I have a right to criticize!!! I've been to the Mayor's office a total of 5 times--at different times of the day--and he's never there. At 10:30 am his sec. says she hasn't seen him! I've called and left my name and number--no return calls!! And Mr. Clark--well, don't even get me started on that one! He pushed these issues under the rug until we contacted the Va. Dept of Health and Drinking Water! How would you like to get a water bill every month but no water? How would you like to have to use someone else's shower? My little girl had to stay with relatives during the week days so she could shower for school daily! If this issue would have been addressed promptly and professionally, as I expected it would be, there would be no reason for anyone to be criticized. But, when you have 5 residents with no water for 2 1/2 months in the town of Marion, you have to wonder exactly what the elected officials are doing!!
MelissaG

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@Ken Heath, thanks for your interest in this matter. Contractors showed up today to start replacing our waterlines, and we were happy and relieved to see them. I'm told that we will have water by the end of next week!! Yoo Hoo.
caesar

South Boston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

MelissaG wrote:
@caesar, I'm really not one to quickly criticize those in office, but after 2 1/2 months of trying to resolve a water issue, that these officials simply refused to address, I feel like I have a right to criticize!!! I've been to the Mayor's office a total of 5 times--at different times of the day--and he's never there. At 10:30 am his sec. says she hasn't seen him! I've called and left my name and number--no return calls!! And Mr. Clark--well, don't even get me started on that one! He pushed these issues under the rug until we contacted the Va. Dept of Health and Drinking Water! How would you like to get a water bill every month but no water? How would you like to have to use someone else's shower? My little girl had to stay with relatives during the week days so she could shower for school daily! If this issue would have been addressed promptly and professionally, as I expected it would be, there would be no reason for anyone to be criticized. But, when you have 5 residents with no water for 2 1/2 months in the town of Marion, you have to wonder exactly what the elected officials are doing!!
I would have done what I said in an earlier post. I would have made sure the problem was on the towns side instead of my side. Then I would have done what I said.I would haave never waited more than two days without water, nor would I ever paid a water bill when I wasn,t getting any water.
Ken Heath

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

@Melissa. When we lived in Chilhowie, we had very low pressure. I went to Council to ask them to address it, and I've always found that to be a good way to go after exhausting the traditional chain of command. Marion's council meets first and third Mondays at 5:30, and you're always welcome to attend.

The mayor is a part time elected office, so that may explain the difficulties reaching him in the office. Mayor Helms usually comes in most every day around 10, and many days spends til 2 or later in town hall. He's been especially busy for the past couple of weeks working with the VFW for the Memorial Day program.
Ken Heath

Marion, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2011

The crews have hit some rock, which have slowed down the installation, but expect to have full water service to you and your neighbors next week.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marion Discussions

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
guy in black dodge 1 hr yourwrong 5
Teachers'Salaries 4 hr Ludwig 47
I like Verizon (Dec '13) 6 hr Ken 13
Marion Job Corps? 9 hr Concerned 1
Any of you ladies know of a man with a big well... 11 hr Ludwig 7
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 11 hr Ludwig 2,543
list of known wife beaters (Apr '13) 12 hr flea girl 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE