First Prev
of 4
Next Last
flea girl

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 25, 2013
Its A Shame that the court system wont do more about the deadbeat bad check writers you go to court and then they postpone it you can never get your money.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 25, 2013
You can't blame these people! Hell....their credit cards are maxed out.....how else will they pay their bills?

“good ole' girl”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Harley T Ford- wrote:
You can't blame these people! Hell....their credit cards are maxed out.....how else will they pay their bills?
good point.
John

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 26, 2013
News flash. Companys acceptng credit cards will soon add 3% for using a credit card.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 26, 2013
John wrote:
News flash. Companys acceptng credit cards will soon add 3% for using a credit card.
I doubt many businesses will implement the charge which they can do starting tomorrow (January 27th).

I'd say they'll wait to see if the big guys start.

http://business.time.com/2013/01/25/a-4-surch...
flea girl

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 26, 2013
Its no wonder that most stores and resturants do not accept checks anymore these deadbeat bad check writers dont care that the one they are writing it to has to make a living to its very hard when you are barely getting by yourself.
Banker

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 26, 2013
Herbert West wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt many businesses will implement the charge which they can do starting tomorrow (January 27th).
If I am in business and you use a credit card it costs me money. I certainly will pass that on to you. Why should I give money to every customer I have using a credit card. I'm in business to make money not give it away.

Marion, Va

#9 Jan 26, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>If I am in business and you use a credit card it costs me money. I certainly will pass that on to you. Why should I give money to every customer I have using a credit card. I'm in business to make money not give it away.
I think that is a sure way to lose customers. For convenience, I use credit cards for almost everything and pay off the balance every month. If I go to a store that tries to charge me extra to use a credit card, I will shop elsewhere. I will only buy there if there is nowhere else to buy it or everyone charges me. I will then pay cash to the lowest priced merchant.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 26, 2013
Herbert West wrote:
<quoted text>
Small business have had to add these charges for years. I know, I owned a business and there's NO way we could pay the credit card companies 3% and NOT pass it on to the customer. We just couldn't tell them we charged them more because they used a card. The sad thing is that whenever you pay cash you're helping pay the credit card bills too. Then these card companies turn around and rape the dumb ass people that get in over their heads in debt. Wonder why all the big companies want you to have a card with them.....Mall Wart, Lowes, Target, you name it....they're no better than the low life check into cash or title loan joints that want to get you so far under you'll never see light of day again. And yes, now there's an excuse to charge more, because the public don't have sense enough to know they've been paying for credit cards all along. Your prices will now go up even more. Small business even tried giving discounts for paying cash.....but guess what. Consumers were happy to pay more just so they could buy stuff they couldn't afford, then cry because they couldn't pay their bills. America, it ain't what it used to be.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Old Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is a sure way to lose customers. For convenience, I use credit cards for almost everything and pay off the balance every month. If I go to a store that tries to charge me extra to use a credit card, I will shop elsewhere. I will only buy there if there is nowhere else to buy it or everyone charges me. I will then pay cash to the lowest priced merchant.
That's the only way to use these cards....I never pay interest either. BUT....you and I have already been paying more than necessary for years....simply because the credit card companies CHARGE the merchant every time you swipe the damn thing, and they in turn charge you more. It's a hidden cost built into the retail "or wholesale for that matter" price. Another reason to use these cards, if you're a business, is if you're ordering a product from a company that you have no line, or a limited line of credit with, is to avoid COD charges levied by the carrier delivering your goods. Now, I don't know of if merchants will tell you up front that they will charge you for using a credit card, but you can bet your ass if it's now legal for them to charge you....it will happen. It may be like those electric, water, or home heating fuel bills, nobody takes the time to read, but just bitch about....you know those transfer fees, those fuel surcharges, etc. Hell half that shit is taxes and God knows what else charges. But it will happen. What pisses me off is that if I pay cash.....I'm still paying a higher price than if credit card companies didn't exist.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Banker wrote:
<quoted text>If I am in business and you use a credit card it costs me money. I certainly will pass that on to you. Why should I give money to every customer I have using a credit card. I'm in business to make money not give it away.
I doubt many merchants will implement the fees. My family owns and operates several convenience stores and other small businesses in Texas and Oklahoma...in talking to them last night my brother told me he is not going to access a fee...the small business association(s) in OK & TX are recommending not to access the fee.

Remember too that Debit Cards aren't included in the settlement.

It will be interesting today to see if any of the local businesses will implement the fee.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> That's the only way to use these cards....I never pay interest either. BUT....you and I have already been paying more than necessary for years....simply because the credit card companies CHARGE the merchant every time you swipe the damn thing, and they in turn charge you more. It's a hidden cost built into the retail "or wholesale for that matter" price. Another reason to use these cards, if you're a business, is if you're ordering a product from a company that you have no line, or a limited line of credit with, is to avoid COD charges levied by the carrier delivering your goods. Now, I don't know of if merchants will tell you up front that they will charge you for using a credit card, but you can bet your ass if it's now legal for them to charge you....it will happen. It may be like those electric, water, or home heating fuel bills, nobody takes the time to read, but just bitch about....you know those transfer fees, those fuel surcharges, etc. Hell half that shit is taxes and God knows what else charges. But it will happen. What pisses me off is that if I pay cash.....I'm still paying a higher price than if credit card companies didn't exist.
By law if the merchant charges a fee it has to be posted at the entrance and at check out the fee amount has to be posted so you'll know that you're paying a fee and how much.

I also don't expect that those merchants that do access the fee, say at 3%, will not reduce their prices 3% across the board.:-)
King Farouk

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Banker wrote:
Why don't you make everyone pay cash?
wondering

Marion, VA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
this is why alot of places take only cash
Thinkaboutit

Rocky Mount, VA

#16 Jan 27, 2013
flea girl wrote:
Its A Shame that the court system wont do more about the deadbeat bad check writers you go to court and then they postpone it you can never get your money.
I don't have checks, but, if you want to prevent bad checks, STOP TAKING THEM!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved. There is technology available to prevent bad checks.

Also, these people are doing the same thing the government is doing, spending money they don't have.
Justnuthergeezer

Johnson City, TN

#17 Jan 27, 2013
You are correct in the first part. However, our government would probably have never existed in the first place without foreign banks, especially France, helping to cover our debts.
There are laws covering passing bad checks. If you want to make them more severe and more immediately enforcable, write your congresman.
hmmm

Rocky Mount, VA

#18 Jan 28, 2013
There maybe laws about passing bad checks. But if our gov't can do it so eloquently, why cannot the public? I am certainly not advocating for everyone to do it, but they are simply following the gov't's bad example. I agree-you don't want bounced checks, don't take them! Saves time from court. Collections. Etc.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Justnuthergeezer wrote:
You are correct in the first part. However, our government would probably have never existed in the first place without foreign banks, especially France, helping to cover our debts.
There are laws covering passing bad checks. If you want to make them more severe and more immediately enforcable, write your congresman.
Who's going to pick up our checks this time?????? France.....I doubt it. Maybe YOUR grand kids.....mine know how to make it on their own.

Location hidden

#20 Jan 28, 2013
Herbert West wrote:
<quoted text>
By law if the merchant charges a fee it has to be posted at the entrance and at check out the fee amount has to be posted so you'll know that you're paying a fee and how much.
I also don't expect that those merchants that do access the fee, say at 3%, will not reduce their prices 3% across the board.:-)
How many idiots read that shit? It's like most disclaimers. Hell if the majority of people knew what they were paying for....there would be....well........
Justnuthergeezer

Johnson City, TN

#21 Jan 29, 2013
Harley T Ford- wrote:
<quoted text> Who's going to pick up our checks this time?????? France.....I doubt it. Maybe YOUR grand kids.....mine know how to make it on their own.
Keep my grandkids out of this and I'll do the same with yours. I don't think that's too difficult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People to steer clear of add more if ya want 8 hr facts 20
Sydney Jones (Oct '12) 14 hr Mr Black 10
Truth about diff versions of the bible Wed Concerned 1
Straight preaching on Hell Wed Concerned 1
tired of it Tue billbo 191
Its true about Jerry brooks? Dec 16 einred 7
where is mary Dec 16 Justice will be S... 5
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web