Smyth County DSS CPS and other services
marion

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jul 16, 2012
agree, but people are to busy being lazy. And no the baby boomers are still around. i know a girl who every 2 years has a child so she can be on welfare. I know a boy who actually goes around and gets girls preg on purpose and the welfare helps supports this. And I have listened to 12 year olds talking about their friends had a baby and they want one too. I am sorry anyone under 18 or immature should not be raising babies and I really do not approve of tax money going to support babies having babies. And I believe it takes two to bring a life in this world not the whole world so let the two be responsible for the child and not everyone.
FYI

Knoxville, TN

#22 Aug 3, 2012
In Smyth County they will take kids away that are not abused and try to make a case to say they are abused with no evidence. Children who live with parents who do truly abuse them, are left to be abused. There is something seriously wrong in Smyth County.
pplonhere_suk

Boones Mill, VA

#23 Aug 9, 2012
I personally believe CPS should be a part of the police/sheriff's office, instead of DSS. I know there are abused kids, as well as false reports. The false reports should be held accountable. I know they have a hard job, but there has to be a better way to solve it.
Only in this county

Boones Mill, VA

#24 Sep 1, 2012
Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. CPS is a joke~
QnA

Burlington, VT

#25 Sep 2, 2012
CPS only has so much ability. They have to follow up on any report made. However, there are politics involved on any level. Ask any worker in the state about it. They have to give warnings, and do studies ect. Even if they want to remove the child, they can not just walk in and do it. They have to get an emergency court hearing, and then present the case and get an emergency order to go get the child. They are just a go between for the most part. People want to blame them, blame the laws that protect criminals more than citizens and blame the court system and the law makers. They are only allowed to do what the State lets them do. They answer to someone, and that person answers to someone else and so on. The idea that CPS should be under the sherrifs dept is actually a good one. They should have more rights to remove a child for further investigation, in the event that a court order has not yet been obtained, or a court hearing is not available. Then if upon further investigation, the case is proven, the child is turned over like they are now. At least a CPS worker would be able to help in an emergency situation if they were under the SD. Or one would think so anyway.
Only in this county

Boones Mill, VA

#26 Sep 2, 2012
I know some people who should have had their kids removed, as well as DSS interference when there doesn't need to be. I feel it could be handled differently, as one person said, let them be under the sheriff's office. At least there is the opportunity to re-elect or not the sheriff, who is responsible for the actions of his officers. I know someone who every time he/she had an argument with a particular relative, CPS was on their doorstep. I know it's hard to sort through the BS, but as many officials say-it's better to let ten guilty people walk free than for one innocent person to be locked up.
yea right

Knoxville, TN

#27 Sep 2, 2012
cps does not have to have a court order to remove a child i know this firsthand my children were taken from me for a false report but i and they had to suffer for 2 months while they completed there lil investigation which in turn was unfounded but you have these pos that use and make meth and beat there kids and some more sh*t and they leave them in the home or even worse some end up dead like the little boy ryland. I think cps in smyth county is a joke .
trust me

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Sep 16, 2012
Well Also tho if it is a false report or mailicious report we all know that ppl get mad at one another and think they can just call CPS with a buncha lies, then it can come back to them to its now a felony charge if its done like this and you can sign papers that gives you the right to press charges. I think if everyone that had an unfounded case did this then it would scare the shit out of anyone making a report just because they are mad, then the state can worry about children that need help.Instead of well Im mad at cha so lets see what I can do, but the last laugh can be on them when they are arrested and you still have your children.
Umm

Charlottesville, VA

#29 Dec 1, 2013
QnA wrote:
CPS only has so much ability. They have to follow up on any report made. However, there are politics involved on any level. Ask any worker in the state about it. They have to give warnings, and do studies ect. Even if they want to remove the child, they can not just walk in and do it. They have to get an emergency court hearing, and then present the case and get an emergency order to go get the child. They are just a go between for the most part. People want to blame them, blame the laws that protect criminals more than citizens and blame the court system and the law makers. They are only allowed to do what the State lets them do. They answer to someone, and that person answers to someone else and so on. The idea that CPS should be under the sherrifs dept is actually a good one. They should have more rights to remove a child for further investigation, in the event that a court order has not yet been obtained, or a court hearing is not available. Then if upon further investigation, the case is proven, the child is turned over like they are now. At least a CPS worker would be able to help in an emergency situation if they were under the SD. Or one would think so anyway.
They can take your child and do the emergency removal within 72 hours. That's how it is in Wythe County anyways.
Atkins resident

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Dec 1, 2013
wiggywoo you are right about people that has worked most of their life they deserve their money when and how they get it because they have paid their fair share of taxes and they deserve it.
bEARS

Abingdon, VA

#31 Dec 2, 2013
wiggywoo wrote:
most of the babyboomers are at retirement age now. They already worked their share. Let's focus on the rest you named. If you can drive, mow, do laundry, sweep your floor, talk on the phone then it sounds like you could get paid to do one of these things at a business and not get a disability check. JMHO
BEARS REPEATING!
Wtf

Knoxville, TN

#32 Dec 7, 2013
Smyth dss is a joke! They do remove kids who are not abused! The law is part of the problem; the way I see it, it's the interpretation of thw law by dss and police! I had a police officer tell me that "any unwanted touching was assault"! in the context of child rearing too me - that is BS!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#34 Feb 12, 2014
FYI wrote:
In Smyth County they will take kids away that are not abused and try to make a case to say they are abused with no evidence. Children who live with parents who do truly abuse them, are left to be abused. There is something seriously wrong in Smyth County.
Yes they do. They even lie and fabricate evidence and statements in court. They should be shut down
Billy Bob

Luray, VA

#35 Feb 13, 2014
1 hung low wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. They even lie and fabricate evidence and statements in court. They should be shut down
Maybe both should be cut off.?????
Crazy daddy

Knoxville, TN

#36 Feb 13, 2014
Which CPS worker fabricated evidence in court and lied under oath. I heard that new worker David is really cool. Any one know anything about him?
WHEN

Knoxville, TN

#37 Feb 14, 2014
gary ward and derek orr love 2 take kids from good parents, they love their power and love to show innocent people how they can use it anytime they want. what happens when they take a child because they say the child is being abused in the home, so they stick the kids w a grandparent and 2 wks later the kid is DEAD then what??? ill tell u what happens...NOTHING AT ALL. the child would still be alive if smyth dss would've tended to the cases of real abuse! everyone is right, they leave abused kids to get abused and take kids that r in good homes. its all in who u know. I guess that grandparent knew some one with "power". cuz they aren't in jail, nothing at all happened NOTHING!

Location hidden

#38 Feb 15, 2014
did the story about the child make the news

Location hidden

#39 Feb 15, 2014
wanted to read the article
Molly

Knoxville, TN

#41 Feb 16, 2014
Agreed scope at Kays Facebook and you will see what a trAshy loser she is.

Location hidden

#42 Feb 18, 2014
WHEN wrote:
gary ward and derek orr love 2 take kids from good parents, they love their power and love to show innocent people how they can use it anytime they want. what happens when they take a child because they say the child is being abused in the home, so they stick the kids w a grandparent and 2 wks later the kid is DEAD then what??? ill tell u what happens...NOTHING AT ALL. the child would still be alive if smyth dss would've tended to the cases of real abuse! everyone is right, they leave abused kids to get abused and take kids that r in good homes. its all in who u know. I guess that grandparent knew some one with "power". cuz they aren't in jail, nothing at all happened NOTHING!
where do I find the article on this one ... what month and year ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nikki s.a. 1 hr Nasty Eddie 2
Akers 1 hr Panty sniffer 40
Trump 1 hr Libtard hater 75
Evo 1 hr Marble Mouth 2
what is going on smyth county? (Feb '09) 4 hr The Truth 5
Marion prison 6 hr Dustin 24
Rober E. Lee Monument for Dip Dog parking lot 13 hr Bert 1
the man who needed the kidney in marion 14 hr troubled 13

Marion Jobs

More from around the web