Marion man banned from ,football games
vt4life

Dillwyn, VA

#21 Oct 5, 2010
wayward chico fan wrote:
The full circumstances haven't been made public yet.
Danny Cress stormed the field after a game, singled out two players and commenced to curse them out in front of several witnesses. He was angry because the quarterback threw an interception and decided that it was his right to go on the field and let a high school kid have a piece of his mind. That simply can't be tolerated. The only way that Danny can learn his lesson is for the thing that means the most to be taken from him for a bit. This isn't permanent....Danny will be allowed back.
The mob is going wild on this one. I wonder what the sentiment would be if one of the player's parents stormed the field and began verbally abusing players. Everyone would probably want his or her head on a stake.
Danny Cress is a 40 year old man. He is slow...we all know this, but that cannot excuse his behavior. I know that the full measure of the circumstance has not been made public, but that letter was meant for danny. It wasn't meant to be public....he knew what he did...it didn't have to be perfectly spelled out to him.
When he and whoever else is spearheading this operation chose to make that public, of course it enraged people. Danny is a beloved member of our community, but again...he nor anyone else should be allowed to come onto the field after a game and verbally abuse high school kids. That can't be tolerated.
This was also the last straw in a series of events where Danny has been urged to calm down. He knew there would be repercussions for his actions. I have nothing bad to say about ole Chico, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Please tell me you all agree?
That is not what his letter said or have you read it?
vt4life

Dillwyn, VA

#22 Oct 5, 2010
Les Nessman wrote:
Shouldn't the field be off limits to anyone but those involved in the game? That's a safety concern not just for Chico, but for anybody that decides to run onto the field for whatever reason. Walmart still sells locks pretty cheap.
And if he's done this several times, why doesn't the school make sure there is somebody posted there at the end of the game to make sure he, or anybody else, doesn't have contact with the players? If parents are allowed, then what is the grounds for keeping Chico or others off the field? Hard to enforce rules one by one - need to have a set policy for everybody.
Tons of people use it a lot of ones that do not need to but its been that way since the 1970's that I can remember.
vt4life

Dillwyn, VA

#23 Oct 5, 2010
tiredofit wrote:
Enough!! The drama over this situation has got to stop. It blows my mind that people that DO NOT LIVE in this community have stirred the pot over this situation. Chico has been warned and warned and finally it was time for him to get some sort of punishment for cussing and screaming profanities at players and fans. I think it is so amazing that the people that started this bandwagon DO NOT GO TO THE GAMES and their children do not come to the games and hear this. Shame on you out of towners-why don't you offer to come to the games and chaperone him so he can come? I think we need to support the powers that be for finally backing up their warnings with action. Hopefully this temporary probation will help Chico understand that his behavior is not cool.
Wow this sounds like Troy? Does not matter if it is sorry it's not going to end and it's not bandwagon. By the way most people here do not log in with their own address. I went to marion and have lived here all my life, and go to games there also. I even competed in sports with Danny. I have gave rides before but not recent. Even thought he has done this same thing for 25 years, he has supported MARION FOOTBALL more than any one person that has ever went to Marion. Just an example of school administration Bullying a person that does not conprehend the same way as most do.
tiredofit

Stuart, VA

#24 Oct 5, 2010
obviously I know that the addresses on this site are not accurate. I am referring to the person from south carolina that started that crazy facebook page to support Chico. I am proud of the high schol administrators that are finally following through on some type of way to help Chico to understand that his behavior is not cool. And you have to admit that this is a fun little bandwagon to jump on. Move on.
Robert

Olive Hill, KY

#25 Oct 5, 2010
wayward chico fan wrote:
Danny Cress stormed the field after a game, singled out two players and commenced to curse them out in front of several witnesses. He was angry because the quarterback threw an interception and decided that it was his right to go on the field and let a high school kid have a piece of his mind. That simply can't be tolerated. The only way that Danny can learn his lesson is for the thing that means the most to be taken from him for a bit. This isn't permanent....Danny will be allowed back.
The mob is going wild on this one. I wonder what the sentiment would be if one of the player's parents stormed the field and began verbally abusing players. Everyone would probably want his or her head on a stake.
Danny Cress is a 40 year old man. He is slow...we all know this, but that cannot excuse his behavior. I know that the full measure of the circumstance has not been made public, but that letter was meant for danny. It wasn't meant to be public....he knew what he did...it didn't have to be perfectly spelled out to him.
When he and whoever else is spearheading this operation chose to make that public, of course it enraged people. Danny is a beloved member of our community, but again...he nor anyone else should be allowed to come onto the field after a game and verbally abuse high school kids. That can't be tolerated.
This was also the last straw in a series of events where Danny has been urged to calm down. He knew there would be repercussions for his actions. I have nothing bad to say about ole Chico, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Please tell me you all agree?
He is a kid at heart you moron!!!
Doh

Lexington, VA

#26 Oct 5, 2010
The facebook page was created by a MSHS graduate who went to school with Chico.
Hmmm

Johnson City, TN

#27 Oct 5, 2010
I am temporarily out of towner.
whatever

United States

#28 Oct 5, 2010
omg i love it. it's a temporary ban, and people are acting like they killed his dog or something. get a life folks!
Big Boy

United States

#29 Oct 5, 2010
To all the naysayers , I am sure your comments will not have anymore influence than those that support Chico. Who really cares that you are so negative. It was started for support of Chico. tiredofit school has two O's. No wonder you support the administrators they allowed you to slide by to graduate. Must of cost Daddy alot of money.
Rocknrollr

Lexington, VA

#30 Oct 5, 2010
Wonder if it has more to do with whose kid Danny went up to more than what he did. Shame that some are better than others because of their daddys.
linda guyer

Nashville, TN

#31 Oct 5, 2010
Danny Cress is heartbroken over the fact that he is not allowed to come to MSHS football games. Danny is a special person with special needs. He gets carried away more than most people but he can not help himself. No one likes to hear ugly words and we especially don't want our children exposed to them; but Danny can not control certain things and when he is upset or overly excited his mouth is one of them. If the school does not let Danny return to the games they have lost their biggest fan and best friend. People please try to understand Danny and help him to overcome his outburst of bad language. Whoever started this blog please send it to Tamra Hall @ MSNBC and see if listeners think the school has crossed the line.I believe the people who advocate for the rights for the disabled will be interested in hearing about this. And by the way the out of state people making comments are mostly former students of Marion Senior High School; Marion Va.
NCviaVA

Winston Salem, NC

#32 Oct 5, 2010
I'd certainly love to see Danny be able to go to the games, but not at the expense of mob rule. I agree with the ones who are saying this is getting out of hand. Danny Cress will be able to eventually go back to the games, but seriously people. This isn't an instance of people ganging up on someone else...its a matter of enforcing rules. Its hard for me to understand why people can't see that. He went on the field and cursed a player. How is that ok and/or excusable. And for those who don't believe it, read danny's personal facebook if you are friends with him. He admitted going on the field and chewing out players.
tiredofit

Stuart, VA

#33 Oct 6, 2010
Big Boy I am not clear what you are mean about two O's?? BTW, I did not graduate from MSHS so cut the crap about Daddy's money. Get a life and get the chip off of your shoulder.
Rocknrollr

Lexington, VA

#34 Oct 6, 2010
I like the idea of locking the gate if you don't want people on the field. Wonder if the coaches cussed the player after some of the plays. If daddy's little sports pro goes to college or the pros and plays like that, bet he'l be cussed a lot. Still comes back to who Danny cussed, don't it.

And tiredofit, didn't you start the whole mess about somebody out of state not having a say? If you didn't graduate from MSHS, what's your problem?
Big Boy

United States

#35 Oct 6, 2010
Thank you Rocknrollr. To tireofit if you cant figure out how to spell schOOl you most likely did not graduate from anywhere. You get a life ,at least learn how to spell before you complain about others.
Because

United States

#36 Oct 6, 2010
If you are TIREDOFIT just feel free to get on another topix or website ,Nobody will be offended.
We hope you have not been held hostage and forced to view this topix.
alrighty

Palmyra, VA

#37 Oct 6, 2010
Ok to all the negative folks: nobody, even Chico himself has said that bad language is ok. All the supporters are saying is that why have they singled him out. Anyone that has ever been to a game here in Marion knows the parents of the players, other teens and patrons can be much much worse than Danny ever was. The same people against Danny are the same ones to hop on the "bandwagon" for gay rights and loving your neighbor, yet because this is a mentally challenged person, he does not count. Obviously some of you have never dealt with or been around a mentally disabled person. In Danny's case, he is childlike. Yes he can understand rules, he went to school and lives a fairly normal life, yet he does not grasp things with the same understanding most of us do. Danny did not start the bandwagon, he has even sent word by the lady on facebook, to please not speak rudely of the school, that he does not want bad things said about anyone. Yes he may have gotten carried away but no more so than anyone else has. Our problem is why after all these years have they decided to single him out of the group. Everyone that knows Chico loves him, and undrstands his problems. I know as a child I asked my mom why "he did that stuff" she used that to teach me compassion for others, by saying " he is not just like us and his brain doesnt work the same way, God made him special that way, dont ever be mean or hurtful to someone just because they are different" We are all ready to stand up for our own problems, and fight our own battles, and if you want to call us a bandwagon for joining together to defend someone else then so be it.
cracker

United States

#38 Oct 6, 2010
wayward chico fan wrote:
hey how can you judge him when the coach himself cusses the players
cracker

United States

#39 Oct 6, 2010
i also attend every single marion game. however i'am going to call danny newman at the school and let him know i will not be back till chico can return. if they wont listen to our voice hit them in the pocketbook
Maxine Collins

Westerly, RI

#40 Oct 6, 2010
ive read all this. on every site there is .about danny.
i agree with alot. is being said. and i also disagree too on a few things....
but there is 1 letter.
just ruffled my feathers to no ends to smoothn them down......
[people that DO NOT LIVE in this community have stirred the pot over this situation.]
yes we have stir the pot... but this is also our home town.... things about marion. people who lives there now. people who use to live there... well i for 1 used to live there. when asked what do i miss most about Va,
besides my family, the mnts dipdogs ... Danny can tell you about every play, that toke place on that feild...how many of us. can do that.. so yes us out of towners. who still calls marion va home . can have a say also..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ken Heath and KFC 14 min MrJingles 16
New to town, wanna party. Hit me up 2 hr Spookey 21
Wytheville, Va home of the Skeeter dogs 2 hr Spookey 15
trw (Jun '13) 3 hr AtomicPunk 22
Who is the best Downtown waitress? 3 hr AtomicPunk 22
Who is Joshua Daniels 8 hr Nobody 3
ollies 12 hr Dixie Normus 7

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance