Smyth Co Cops
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
msirene

Disputanta, VA

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Hi. I was wondering about how to deal with a situation. I had the cops called on my ex husband a while back for assault. I told NO ONE about this...the only ones who knew were three cops who came to my house. Yet now, the whole town knows. Is there any law that prohibits cops from running their mouths about personal matters that they see?? If so, how do I complain and who do I complain too? I spoke with an Osborne lady and she was a complete bit*h!. THEY ARE NO HELP
whats up

Marion, VA

#2 Sep 14, 2012
Smyth co cops are a joke.They tell everything they know.Not sure who you can talk to because they all stick together.

Since: Apr 12

Marion, Va

#3 Sep 14, 2012
When you call the police, it goes out over their radio and people can listen to it with a scanner. Then it spreads FAST.
check the ex

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 14, 2012
Your ex-husband told no one he was arrested????
neighbors

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Sep 14, 2012
Did the neighbors see the cops at your house??
keep a look out

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Sep 14, 2012
Don't you want your friends etc. to know about this to keep an eye out for you, and an eye on him? Are you back with him? Stay safe!!!!
Cosby

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 14, 2012
And calls are in the public domain, meaning anyone can request a copy of the 911 tapes. Don't want to be talked about? Keep your redneck wife beating husband locked up instead of defending him and being mad at the cops
blo me

Strawberry Plains, TN

#9 Sep 14, 2012
msirene wrote:
Hi. I was wondering about how to deal with a situation. I had the cops called on my ex husband a while back for assault. I told NO ONE about this...the only ones who knew were three cops who came to my house. Yet now, the whole town knows. Is there any law that prohibits cops from running their mouths about personal matters that they see?? If so, how do I complain and who do I complain too? I spoke with an Osborne lady and she was a complete bit*h!. THEY ARE NO HELP
this is why no county resident wants to help law enforcement, the same goes for smyth co animal control, there mouth is bigger than any gun they can buy ! then they can't understand why no one will help them! FU@% em all!
malibu

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Sep 15, 2012
agree with the animal control! useless. might as well give our tax dollars to a heartless bum who likes to shoot animals for fun than have an animal control
really

Paducah, KY

#11 Sep 15, 2012
really
wondering

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Sep 15, 2012
If you call the police, they will respond. The very nature of people is to talk. So, yes neighbors, people with scanners and anyone who just happens to be around will know. But if you need the police, they come. What is wrong with that?
Willy Cosmo

Strawberry Plains, TN

#13 Sep 15, 2012
malibu wrote:
agree with the animal control! useless. might as well give our tax dollars to a heartless bum who likes to shoot animals for fun than have an animal control
Agreed. About the only time they are likely to do something about a problem is after you've handled the problem yourself.
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#14 Sep 15, 2012
I have a sign on my doors coming into my home that says"This door is locked for your protection, inter without a prior notice, your next ride will be to the morque" I'll call 911 for them to clean up the blood.
all humanity on earth

Knoxville, TN

#16 Sep 15, 2012
caesar wrote:
I have a sign on my doors coming into my home that says"This door is locked for your protection, inter without a prior notice, your next ride will be to the morque" I'll call 911 for them to clean up the blood.
Do you ever shut up?
yeah

Knoxville, TN

#17 Sep 15, 2012
Unfortunatley humanity, he never shuts up. He claims he is a smart feller with a big ol IQ. You wouldnt know it form his posts. Or his use of 'inter' instead of 'enter' in that last post. And is that a 'q' in the word morgue??
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#18 Sep 15, 2012
all humanity on earth wrote:
<quoted text>Do you ever shut up?
Why do you ask?

Since: Apr 12

Marion, Va

#19 Sep 15, 2012
Willy Cosmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. About the only time they are likely to do something about a problem is after you've handled the problem yourself.
I don't agree. I was having back surgery when dogs attacked my goats and geese. My next door neighbor and the neighbor next to her called animal control. They came out immediately and took the dogs away. Two of the goats died as did a goose. However, Animal Control took care of the problem as soon as they were notified.
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#21 Sep 15, 2012
yeah wrote:
Unfortunatley humanity, he never shuts up. He claims he is a smart feller with a big ol IQ. You wouldnt know it form his posts. Or his use of 'inter' instead of 'enter' in that last post. And is that a 'q' in the word morgue??
Did you ever think I might switch letters to see how many corrections I get from some of the "perfect spellers" on here. I've got to do something to break the monotony on here. Chow
FYI

King George, VA

#22 Sep 18, 2012
msirene wrote:
Unfortunately, along with scanners where people hear calls go out, The Freedom of Information Act allows for anyone who requests the information to have it.
DUH

Puyallup, WA

#23 Sep 21, 2012
Most arrests are found online as well. The Virginia court database lets anyone look up information, all they need is a last name. Just because the entire town knows that your husband is a wife beater, doesn't mean the police are the ones that spread the information. It is what happens when you live in a small town ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Freedom Hall 5 hr Classy Teen 7
Save a Life from Opioid Abuse 6 hr boconnor 1
Any Swingers in the area? 8 hr MixingB 25
Trump Does Not Pee or Poop 16 hr ThyBiddingMyMaster 6
Inauguration Day Supper 19 hr the_lyncher 30
Trump and Black People 19 hr the_lyncher 12
Mel mel Barnes 20 hr Sick of druggiea 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance