School Lunches
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
madmomma

Spotsylvania, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2013
Has anyone else heard complaints from their children about not getting enough to eat at School? My daughter complained so much I finally went to Marion High to see for myself what they were feeding our kids. I was told that I wasn't allowed to have lunch with her. Im thinking my damn taxes pay for this school and Im not allowed to have lunch with my daughter? They must be too ashamed to let parents know the truth! THANKS OBAMA FOR STARVING OUR CHILDREN!
wouldnt you say

Moneta, VA

#2 Feb 22, 2013
most of them now a days could stand eating alittle less? that's why we have such an obesity problem in kids and teens. not healthy at all!
madmomma

Spotsylvania, VA

#3 Feb 22, 2013
wouldnt you say wrote:
most of them now a days could stand eating alittle less? that's why we have such an obesity problem in kids and teens. not healthy at all!
: and a bunch of them don't get anything at home so they go hungry. Lets see if you can survive all day on three chicken nuggets. Must be an Obama fan out there!
Annie

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2013
No actually what happen was the high school stopped allowing the kids to get "extras". School lunch is a full coarse meal. If your kid is eating the entire tray (meat, vegetable, fruit, roll) then they are getting a HEALTHY lunch. If your kid is whining that it isn't enough they are either over weight, skipping breakfast,depressed ect..extra food is never a good idea. If you feel you child needs a larger portion for lunch PACK THEM A LUNCH YOURSELF!! Then Blaim yourself when your child only wants to stuff their face with food 24/7, has no social life because of the obesity an end up like the rest of the lazy ppl in Marion.
Momma

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Feb 22, 2013
So many of us forget that when we were growing up we were TAUGHT and EXPECTED to eat what was put before us and we were grateful for every bite. If some parents would take the time to teach their children how to eat healthy and to appreciate what they are provided with instead of feeding them chicken nuggets and french fries all the time then the school lunches wouldn't be a problem.
Do I agree with the fact that the government has once again stuck its nose into our business? No. I agree with the theory of trying to encourage out children to eat healthier but my heart breaks for the children that don't have the luxury to have a "healthy" snack or otherwise when they get home. Once again, the federal government acts without regard for common sense.
Well

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I hear so many people complaining about the prices. Lunch is $1.60 -$1.85. You can't get a hamburger, small fry and water at McDonalds for that. At least the kids are getting a healthy, low calorie meal at school instead of being pumped full of who knows what when eating fast food.
If parents feel that their kids aren't getting enough to eat at school then pack them a snack. Preferably a healthly snack consisting of fruits and/or veggies. Take a little responsibility upon yourselves people. It's your job to raise and take care of your own children so start doing it and quit complaining.
madmomma

Spotsylvania, VA

#7 Feb 22, 2013
My child eats a healthy meal every night I know this because I COOK IT! No I don't have the luxury of cooking breakfast every morning because I WORK. As far as packing a lunch I agree I do pack her lunch...PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES because if I pack lunch meat she has no way of keeping it cool. As far as a healthy meal SHE EATS HEALTHY I'm sure the genius who brought it to my attention to pack her lunch is an employee of the school most likely the one who told my daughter she is a big girl now and doesn't need momma to come and eat lunch with her. Say that to me the next time not my CHILD! MY POINT IS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESES MEALS I UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOL HAS GUIDELINES THEY FOLLOW THIS IS POLITCS AND OUR CHILDREN ARE GOING HUNGRY AND TRYING TO LEARN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO CANNOT GET THEIR PARENTS TO FEED THEM BECAUSE DRUGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT OR THE PARENTS WHO WORK AND CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT THEY JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED THEIR CJHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY LIGHT BILLS RENT WATER ETC. So if you don't agree with what I post then don't read it and I sure as hell don't care what your opinion is!
Holy crap

Moneta, VA

#8 Feb 22, 2013
I bet ur child feels alittle embarassed about right now. Mine sure would. Whine......Complain..........W ant some cheese?
madmommaWOW

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Feb 22, 2013
madmomma wrote:
My child eats a healthy meal every night I know this because I COOK IT! No I don't have the luxury of cooking breakfast every morning because I WORK. As far as packing a lunch I agree I do pack her lunch...PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES because if I pack lunch meat she has no way of keeping it cool. As far as a healthy meal SHE EATS HEALTHY I'm sure the genius who brought it to my attention to pack her lunch is an employee of the school most likely the one who told my daughter she is a big girl now and doesn't need momma to come and eat lunch with her. Say that to me the next time not my CHILD! MY POINT IS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESES MEALS I UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOL HAS GUIDELINES THEY FOLLOW THIS IS POLITCS AND OUR CHILDREN ARE GOING HUNGRY AND TRYING TO LEARN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO CANNOT GET THEIR PARENTS TO FEED THEM BECAUSE DRUGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT OR THE PARENTS WHO WORK AND CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT THEY JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED THEIR CJHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY LIGHT BILLS RENT WATER ETC. So if you don't agree with what I post then don't read it and I sure as hell don't care what your opinion is!
Contradict yourself much? In your original post you said that YOU were told you couldn't eat lunch with your daughter. In this post you state that your DAUGHTER was told she didn't need her momma to come eat lunch with her. Poor kid, had my mom shown up to eat lunch with me when I was in high school I would have DIED. DEAD, DIED, DONE THE TUBES right there on the spot. Never to be heard from again. The shame would have been unbearable. Too much to take. Oh whoa is me...the humiliation. But, I jest.
BTW, I don't think the "genius" told you to PACK. I believe they merely suggested that you pack a snack to hold her over until she gets home. An apple perhaps or a baggie of carrots. Need more ideas? I'm full of em princess!!
ummm

South Hill, VA

#10 Feb 22, 2013
madmomma wrote:
My child eats a healthy meal every night I know this because I COOK IT! No I don't have the luxury of cooking breakfast every morning because I WORK. As far as packing a lunch I agree I do pack her lunch...PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES because if I pack lunch meat she has no way of keeping it cool. As far as a healthy meal SHE EATS HEALTHY I'm sure the genius who brought it to my attention to pack her lunch is an employee of the school most likely the one who told my daughter she is a big girl now and doesn't need momma to come and eat lunch with her. Say that to me the next time not my CHILD! MY POINT IS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESES MEALS I UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOL HAS GUIDELINES THEY FOLLOW THIS IS POLITCS AND OUR CHILDREN ARE GOING HUNGRY AND TRYING TO LEARN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO CANNOT GET THEIR PARENTS TO FEED THEM BECAUSE DRUGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT OR THE PARENTS WHO WORK AND CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT THEY JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED THEIR CJHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY LIGHT BILLS RENT WATER ETC. So if you don't agree with what I post then don't read it and I sure as hell don't care what your opinion is!
I have to say, twenty years ago when I was in school, my mom packed my lunch-never peanut butter-and it still stayed cool. They have these things called freezer ice pack-they typically come standard with any lunch box at walmart, and they worked back then and they work now. So lady, that wasnt a very good excuse. Second-I've ate lunch at the schools recently, and that little picture floating around Facebook-not very accurate. Is it possible that the child that took the picture (which I didn't think they were allowed cell phones, but please, continue to bitch about someone else, when you don't even discipline your kid for not following directions) probably manipulated that tray of food. I've ate there -I know better. So before you start complaining about me not agreeing with you, please check your facts-I never said I agreed or didn't with your rant, I was stating that you said you couldn't keep a lunch cold, and I was offering information on how to do it. And as far as children going hungry because theyre not eating at home and their parents are on drugs, well this isn't the place to bitch to the schools about that. That arguement needs to be directed toward DSS. What are you trying to fix by yelling with your Capitol letters at the school?
madmomma

Spotsylvania, VA

#11 Feb 22, 2013
No as a matter of fact my child asked me to have lunch with her. See I'm a real parent that cares for and listens to their child. And guess what....it works! Try it sometime you may be surprised at what your child has to say
How Does That Work

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Feb 22, 2013
If you already pack her lunch then why are you still on here complaining? As for keeping her lunch cool...try an ice pack genius. They've been around for a year or two.
Really Now

Elizabethton, TN

#13 Feb 22, 2013
madmomma wrote:
My child eats a healthy meal every night I know this because I COOK IT! No I don't have the luxury of cooking breakfast every morning because I WORK. As far as packing a lunch I agree I do pack her lunch...PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES because if I pack lunch meat she has no way of keeping it cool. As far as a healthy meal SHE EATS HEALTHY I'm sure the genius who brought it to my attention to pack her lunch is an employee of the school most likely the one who told my daughter she is a big girl now and doesn't need momma to come and eat lunch with her. Say that to me the next time not my CHILD! MY POINT IS WE ARE PAYING FOR THESES MEALS I UNDERSTAND THE SCHOOL HAS GUIDELINES THEY FOLLOW THIS IS POLITCS AND OUR CHILDREN ARE GOING HUNGRY AND TRYING TO LEARN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO CANNOT GET THEIR PARENTS TO FEED THEM BECAUSE DRUGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT OR THE PARENTS WHO WORK AND CARE FOR THEIR CHILDREN BUT THEY JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED THEIR CJHILDREN BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY LIGHT BILLS RENT WATER ETC. So if you don't agree with what I post then don't read it and I sure as hell don't care what your opinion is!
For someone that WORKS you sure have a lot of time to kill on Topix. Just saying.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 22, 2013
How in the world is Obama's fault that your kid isn't getting enough to eat at school? The state and county sets the budget for that and in case you haven't noticed a new school is taking alot of that money.Pack her a dang snack for pete's sake and buy her a cooler. And as for you eating lunch at the high school with your child,give me a break!! Are you serious. As for breakfast, teach her how to cook!! She's in high school and you actually went and b#$%^ed about her meals?!?!
mad daughter

Heathsville, VA

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Uhmm i go to these schools i eat these foods so when you come to marion senior high school and eat our food then complain about what my mom posted! WE HAVE TO PAY MONEY NOW IF WE DONT GET FOOD!! SO TELL ME HOW FAIR IT IS!
obamas an idiot

Heathsville, VA

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Come on obama give us some chicken!
mad daughter

Heathsville, VA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Yall are pissin me off im the daughter leave me OUT OF YOUR DAM MOUTHS MOM TAKE THIS CRAP OFF THERE A BUNCH OF RETARDS THEY DONT GOT TO EAT WHAT I GOTTA EAT AT SCHOOL A 300 POUND GUY DOESNT.HAVE THE SAME FOOD NEEDS AS.A 100 POUND LITTLE GIRL! DONT TELL ME IM WHINNING WHEN YOU DONT EVEN GO TO SCHOOL AND EAT THE CRAP WE HAVE TO EAT SHUT UP YOU PIECES OF TRASH TAKES A LOT FOR YOU PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT A HIGH SCHOOLER!
mad daughter

Heathsville, VA

#18 Feb 22, 2013
Camo11 wrote:
How in the world is Obama's fault that your kid isn't getting enough to eat at school? The state and county sets the budget for that and in case you haven't noticed a new school is taking alot of that money.Pack her a dang snack for pete's sake and buy her a cooler. And as for you eating lunch at the high school with your child,give me a break!! Are you serious. As for breakfast, teach her how to cook!! She's in high school and you actually went and b#$%^ed about her meals?!?!
actually i can cook. But you cant cook at school i mean you sound pretty stupid..
Knowledge

Elizabethton, TN

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Camo11 wrote:
How in the world is Obama's fault that your kid isn't getting enough to eat at school? The state and county sets the budget for that and in case you haven't noticed a new school is taking alot of that money.Pack her a dang snack for pete's sake and buy her a cooler. And as for you eating lunch at the high school with your child,give me a break!! Are you serious. As for breakfast, teach her how to cook!! She's in high school and you actually went and b#$%^ed about her meals?!?!
The school budget has nothing to do with the new lunch regulations. Please refer to the following link for more information. The regulations are imposed by the United States Deptartment of Agriculture, not the state and county.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/governance/legisl...
Seems To Me

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Feb 22, 2013
mad daughter wrote:
Yall are pissin me off im the daughter leave me OUT OF YOUR DAM MOUTHS MOM TAKE THIS CRAP OFF THERE A BUNCH OF RETARDS THEY DONT GOT TO EAT WHAT I GOTTA EAT AT SCHOOL A 300 POUND GUY DOESNT.HAVE THE SAME FOOD NEEDS AS.A 100 POUND LITTLE GIRL! DONT TELL ME IM WHINNING WHEN YOU DONT EVEN GO TO SCHOOL AND EAT THE CRAP WE HAVE TO EAT SHUT UP YOU PIECES OF TRASH TAKES A LOT FOR YOU PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT A HIGH SCHOOLER!
Like mother, like daughter? Same punctuation and capitalization as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth user? (May '12) 7 hr lol 28
good lookin guys!!! (Jul '12) 9 hr Suckithaters 41
corey & mckayla 9 hr Jennifer S 45
SugerGrove Snich List (Mar '14) 10 hr Former scapegoat 60
Jenna Hamm from rural retreat (Jennifer Hamm) (Aug '15) Fri Ohh 17
Anyone seen Allan West lately??? #notsuprised (Sep '14) Fri Mr Rob 13
Any girl looking for a good guy? (Nov '10) Fri Man in the box 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages