SLOW DOWN

Scottsville, VA

#25 Jul 9, 2012
speeding is not something responsible people do so it's not an accidentally speeding. vehicles just don't accelerate all by themselves. yes if they were dui the person knew better than to get behind the wheel, you just keep defending drunks and it may be you who gets hit by one. doesn't matter if it sounds mean or cruel they knew it was wrong and should have been responible enough to stay put or had better judgement and getting dd and if the driver was not dui then he himself is no better. i have respect for people but you have to earn respect it is not given.
Shocked

Buena Vista, VA

#26 Jul 9, 2012
Good God. People are so cruel. None of us knows what happened, other than three young people were killed. Give parents time to grieve before you vultures descend. All the finger pointing in the world won't heal the families hearts. Stop it.
Dex

Rocky Mount, VA

#27 Jul 9, 2012
Don't you people have any feelings. We should all be on our knees praying for these young people and their families. We do not know what was in their hearts,if any of them were saved and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ who died for all who would believe. No one knows but Jesus if they had given their souls to God. Please I beg of you all be praying for these young people and their families.
A wagging tonque that knows nothing can cause so much hurt.
SLOW DOWN

Scottsville, VA

#28 Jul 9, 2012
Shocked wrote:
Good God. People are so cruel. None of us knows what happened, other than three young people were killed. Give parents time to grieve before you vultures descend. All the finger pointing in the world won't heal the families hearts. Stop it.
i'm not saying they were or they weren't just better judgement put it this way so many wanted that daniel crouse thrown under the jail for what he did. and yes he was on dope when he done it, do you think it is any different when drunks kill innocent people or are you one of the guilty ones for doing so as well. or when you are sober and speeding and can't take the curve just right and collide with another vehicle killing an innocent person or baby. nobody said they couldn't grieve their loss but just be aware nothing is accidental involving vehicles unless proven to be.
saddened

Knoxville, TN

#29 Jul 9, 2012
SLOW DOWN wrote:
speeding is not something responsible people do so it's not an accidentally speeding. vehicles just don't accelerate all by themselves. yes if they were dui the person knew better than to get behind the wheel, you just keep defending drunks and it may be you who gets hit by one. doesn't matter if it sounds mean or cruel they knew it was wrong and should have been responible enough to stay put or had better judgement and getting dd and if the driver was not dui then he himself is no better. i have respect for people but you have to earn respect it is not given.
So these families need to earn your respect??? They don't know you nor do you know them. Get off your high horse. Let these families mourn their losses. I hope that you are never in the same situation as these families are but if you ever are I hope people aren't as mean and disrespectful to you.
saddened

Knoxville, TN

#30 Jul 9, 2012
SLOW DOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not saying they were or they weren't just better judgement put it this way so many wanted that daniel crouse thrown under the jail for what he did. and yes he was on dope when he done it, do you think it is any different when drunks kill innocent people or are you one of the guilty ones for doing so as well. or when you are sober and speeding and can't take the curve just right and collide with another vehicle killing an innocent person or baby. nobody said they couldn't grieve their loss but just be aware nothing is accidental involving vehicles unless proven to be.
Really??? Comparing this to Crouse. Crouse had every intention of murdering his young victim. This Miller boy did not say hey I think I'll murder 3 people I love. No one thinks drunk driving is ok. No one thinks someone losing their life from a car accident no matter what the cause is ok. As I previously said get off your high horse. Most accidents are caused by bad judgement, look up the definition of accident!!!!!!!!Never mind I'll post it here for you
1a : an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance
b : lack of intention or necessity : chance <met by accident rather than by design>
a : an unfortunate event resulting especially from carelessness or ignorance
b : an unexpected and medically important bodily event especially when injurious <a cerebrovascular accident>
c : an unexpected happening causing loss or injury which is not due to any fault or misconduct on the part of the person injured but for which legal relief may be sought
d —used euphemistically to refer to an involuntary act or instance of urination or defecation
: a nonessential property or quality of an entity or circumstance <the accident of nationality>
jackasses

Knoxville, TN

#31 Jul 9, 2012
im sure someone in your family has drank and drove so if they died or was in a car wreck with other drunks and died would u want people saying anything?no you fucking wouldnt.the boy whos still alive for now lost his gf,his brother and his future sister in law and almost his own life and yes he COULD HAVE killed someone but he didnt and as for the ones who passed away(r.i.p.)all made the decision to get in a vehicle with him.no they probably didnt know they would wreck and die but anyone knows thats a chance.so unless you personally know the circumstances or the people shut up bc the day someone days nobody should be saying anything except for paying their respects get a fuckin life.
jackasses

Knoxville, TN

#32 Jul 9, 2012
***someone dies
Nosy

Marion, VA

#33 Jul 9, 2012
The Miller boy just got out of jail. The Schmidt has 2 kids by a Wynn girl.
Rachel

Knoxville, TN

#34 Jul 9, 2012
Richard had 2 kids and one on the way. His girlfriend that also passed away in this horrible accident had 2 small children. It's sad that it hasn't even been a whole day and some ignorant disrespectful people are already on here talking shit. Until you know the whole story, shut the fuck up. Cody is a damn good person and never meant for any of this to happen. And really? You are going to compare him to a methhead who meant to kill someone? This young boy never meant to hurt these people. For god sakes, like I said above, it was his girlfriend, someone who was a brother to him, and his brothers girlfriend. This is just disrespectful. You obviously know anything about Cody or the ones that have passed. Nor have you obviously been in such a situation or you wouldn't be such a dumbfuck. Get a life. 3 young people lost their lives in what WAS an ACCIDENT and the Cody will deal with it and mourn for the rest of his life.
omg

Coeburn, VA

#35 Jul 9, 2012
People are horrible.Richard had 2 kids and 1 on the way that will never meet his or her dad.His son don't understand he still thinks they are going to pick up his dad and go to his ball game.the little girl is even younger so she will probably not understand till she is older. so you need to let these families grieve.I knew Richard very well and he was a good person.Laughing all the time and a big smile on his face.He was a big kid with a big heart.R.I.P. my friend.Miss you already and my heart is broken.We will meet again some day.Gone but never forgotten!!Love you!
SLOW DOWN

Scottsville, VA

#36 Jul 9, 2012
well i'm not going argue with people who praise drinking and driving and try to defend the guilty. if it were my kid who done it they would man up and tell the court and others i'm guilty
let it be

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Jul 9, 2012
Rachel wrote:
Whether they were speeding or not doesn't mean he intentionally killed them or anything. Cody is in horrible condition and if he pulls through do you really think hes gonna be proud? Uh, no. Richard was like a brother to him. He made a mistake that killed his pretty much brother, girlfriend, and brothers girlfriend. Have some respect.
This is true it gos to show you the dumb ass stupid rude people thats on here
Cindy C

Murfreesboro, TN

#39 Jul 9, 2012
Are u f@ckn kidding me?!?! 3 ppl lost their lives today and the young boy driving is in the hospital and may or may not come home!!! What in the f@ck is wrong with u ppl?@ SLOW DOWN who in the hell do u think u are? Let me guess,u have NEVER f@cked up and made a mistake? NEVER lost someone close to u for whatever the reason may have been??? Whatever caused that wreck IS NOT what matters right now!!! What DOES matter is that their are children without a mother or father,a mother and/or a father who has lost a son or daughter,siblings who have lost a sibling,and friends who lost friends....Right now,nobody gives a f@ck about ur heartless and inconsiderate opinion.If u can not let these ppl mourn their loss in peace then get the f@ck off of this topic!!! Ppl like u absolutely make me sick.Don't judge if u don't want to be judged urself....
OS21S

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Jul 9, 2012
I can not believe how heartless people are. Yes, it was a bad choice to get in a vehicle while drinking-if that is the case, yes it was a bad choice to drive to fast. This boy did not sit around and think of ways to torture and abuse and kill his friends, so comparing him to a heartless cruel animal is NOT ok. Secondly, as has been said, these kids had family, and were like family to each other. I feel for the poor kids of these people, they will forever be changed by the loss of a parent. To further the tragedy they were all so young, just barely adults. They will never grow old, or see their kids grow up. These are real people, not a number for statistics. We all do stupid things, esp. in our youth. We know some things are wrong, but we dont have enough maturity and forethought to not do stupid things. Does that make it all ok, no. Nothing for these families will ever make it all ok again- ever. Prayers for all involved.
why

Marion, VA

#41 Jul 9, 2012
why wasn't these people home with there kids were they belong instead of out joy riding at 5 in the morning
sad

Crozet, VA

#42 Jul 9, 2012
info off WJHL wrote:
SMYTH CO., Va.—
Three people -- including a woman from Salem -- were killed early Monday morning in an accident in Smyth County.
20-year-old Chelsea Altice of Salem, 21-year-old Sarah Clark of Lebanon, and 23-year-old Richard Schmidt of Marion all died in the crash.
21-year-old Dakota Miller of Christiansburg was driving the car and survived. He was flown by helicopter to Bristol Regional Hospital.
The accident happened around 5 a.m. on Laurel Springs Road (Route 707), near the intersection of Cornett Road.
Investigators say Miller entered a curve at a high rate of speed, ran off the right side of the road, flipped the car, and then hit a tree.
Investigators say Altice owned the vehicle.
This is sad indeed. When are young kids going to ever learn there is no need for speed? Prayers to all involved!
sad

Crozet, VA

#43 Jul 9, 2012
jackasses wrote:
im sure someone in your family has drank and drove so if they died or was in a car wreck with other drunks and died would u want people saying anything?no you fucking wouldnt.the boy whos still alive for now lost his gf,his brother and his future sister in law and almost his own life and yes he COULD HAVE killed someone but he didnt and as for the ones who passed away(r.i.p.)all made the decision to get in a vehicle with him.no they probably didnt know they would wreck and die but anyone knows thats a chance.so unless you personally know the circumstances or the people shut up bc the day someone days nobody should be saying anything except for paying their respects get a fuckin life.
If he was driving yes he killed them. Bet you money if he was drinking and lives, the system will say he is guilty! I bet you even more you are someone who does the exact same thing! It is sad. Even sadder to think IT DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN! Think that over!
Cindy C

Murfreesboro, TN

#44 Jul 9, 2012
why wrote:
why wasn't these people home with there kids were they belong instead of out joy riding at 5 in the morning
Excuse me? But have u ever heard of joint custody?! Hmmm No? Well let me explain...It's where parents that can't get along split their time evenly with the kids....Some parents do week for week and some have them all week while the other parent has them every weekend.... Did that concept even cross ur small pathetic mind?! of course not!! U were to busy judging someone u know nothing about!!
Agree

Crozet, VA

#45 Jul 9, 2012
Ur sounding like the jackass.
jackasses wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Its true about Jerry brooks? (Aug '14) 18 min jennwu 8
brandy, the really really skinny girl with alot... (Jun '13) 2 hr tony 8
what happened to Trevor ferleys arm??? 4 hr hello 1
Indictments 5 hr free001 22
Scratched car 6 hr Bev 1
holly minton, jason trivitt, and whoever else l... (May '13) 9 hr bitch 7
Anyone know a Brian from sugar Grove I think t... 9 hr bitch 3
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web