Barker's at The Country Club

Barker's at The Country Club

Posted in the Marion Forum

marionite

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 21, 2012
I ate there. Truthfully, the entire experience sucked. As the servers sat outside and smoked I waited for someone to attend to me. Finally when the noticed they had a customer, just before I walked out, they took my order but the meal arrived cold. Nobody came around to refill my beverage a single time. I expected much more and came away extremely disappointed. This place recently opened but I don't know how long they're going to be around like this. I have heard they treat their employees like shit too! I have actually heard that from several people. If you don't treat your workers well you can't expect much from the workers, in terms of effort, in return. So maybe that's why I got the horrible service I did. Recipe for disaster. When I got my debit card out of my purse to pay for my meal I had to wait another five minutes standing at the cash register because, you guessed it, they were all outside smoking. I finally had to summon someone to come and take my money! I wish the place luck, because they're going to need it quite obviously...
Voltar

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2012
I can't speak for the bad service. But treat their employees like shit? I don't believe that for a second. I've known Tammy since they first opened on chilhowie st. years ago. She's one of the kindest, and grateful people you'll ever meet.

I will say this though... They're expensive as hell.

Since: Apr 12

Marion, Va

#3 Aug 22, 2012
marionite wrote:
I ate there. Truthfully, the entire experience sucked. As the servers sat outside and smoked I waited for someone to attend to me. Finally when the noticed they had a customer, just before I walked out, they took my order but the meal arrived cold. Nobody came around to refill my beverage a single time. I expected much more and came away extremely disappointed. This place recently opened but I don't know how long they're going to be around like this. I have heard they treat their employees like shit too! I have actually heard that from several people. If you don't treat your workers well you can't expect much from the workers, in terms of effort, in return. So maybe that's why I got the horrible service I did. Recipe for disaster. When I got my debit card out of my purse to pay for my meal I had to wait another five minutes standing at the cash register because, you guessed it, they were all outside smoking. I finally had to summon someone to come and take my money! I wish the place luck, because they're going to need it quite obviously...
You have a vivid imagination. What restaurant are you affiliated with so I can avoid it?
laura

Strawberry Plains, TN

#4 Aug 22, 2012
I'd bet he is Rooster affiliated. Those guys are pissed Tammy got the contract and not them. I have eaten at HHCC several times and never had a problem
Bubba

Knoxville, TN

#5 Aug 22, 2012
Voltar wrote:
I can't speak for the bad service. But treat their employees like shit? I don't believe that for a second. I've known Tammy since they first opened on chilhowie st. years ago. She's one of the kindest, and grateful people you'll ever meet.
I will say this though... They're expensive as hell.
Is $6.99 expensive as hell,that's supposed to be there highest priced item.
Hmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Aug 22, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Is $6.99 expensive as hell,that's supposed to be there highest priced item.
That's breakfast. Lunch and dinner are higher.
Ha Ha

Bristol, VA

#7 Aug 23, 2012
We ate there one time. The food was good along with the service. My only complaint would be the tea. It didn't taste very good.
bogey

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 23, 2012
Ate there once, good food, good service. No complaints. Golf course was good too.
you wish you were me

Knoxville, TN

#9 Sep 3, 2012
Barkers is an awesome spot for a great meal with some great prices.. Service is great and so are the people in the kitchen. This place has alot of potential and will only get better in time..
marionite

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 5, 2012
laura wrote:
I'd bet he is Rooster affiliated. Those guys are pissed Tammy got the contract and not them. I have eaten at HHCC several times and never had a problem
"He" doesn't carry a purse. Obviously you didn't even read the damn post but I'm a female. I'm not affiliated with any restaurant or the board of supervisors or the town or anything else, I just ate there, and I'm telling it like it was. Maybe they've improved by now, maybe not- I don't really care! The prices are outrageous too. The radio commercial says the most expensive item on the menu is $5.99- bullshit. Maybe for breakfast, but they need to make that clear that's only for breakfast!
marionite

Knoxville, TN

#11 Sep 5, 2012
Old Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a vivid imagination. What restaurant are you affiliated with so I can avoid it?
A vivid imagination? I guess I imagined I ate there; the whole experience was just a dream! Why do you think I'm affiliated with any restaurant? I'm not. I was just a customer!
Kathy

Knoxville, TN

#12 Sep 5, 2012
I ate lunch there today. The service was good. The food was very good. I,m glad they are back.
apersonfrommario n

Knoxville, TN

#13 Sep 5, 2012
Barker's did not treat me with any fairness at all as an employee, but still I have nothing against them.
Marion resident

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 4, 2012
I am so happy the "ghetto" trash on South Park Street moved! Yea! Peace in the neighborhood.
really

Grundy, VA

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Its just a place for the 5 o'clock "ladies" to visit while they are waiting on their favorite garbage dump to re-open..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marion puts focus on inoperative vehicles 25 min Uncle Tom 6
who is Laken Chestnut? 5 hr Uncle Tom 10
Crystal Lyons 6 hr Timberdick 30
Michael Moore 18 hr Deli girl 18
M. Osborne 19 hr Just me 5
Katie Delp 21 hr Bobby 52
Sugar grove fire dept 23 hr The_Happy_Farmer 75

Marion Jobs

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages