Roy Evans....plea deal once again!

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Idgey

Rocky Mount, VA

#1 Nov 9, 2012
I certainly hope that ALL citizens of Smyth County remember this plea deal that Evans has set up for Tabitha Shobe....just as he has done for countless other criminals that walk through his court. Regardless of how you believe (guilty or innocent) isn't it time that Roy let the people of this county speak? It is our constitutional right (and priveledge) to be heard, this is why our founding fathers developed the jury system. Why does Roy Evans continue to deny us this right...it is past time for this man to be voted out of office. If our voices can not be heard in the courtroom then let our voices be heard at the next election!! We need to take a stand against the "good ol boy" system that we have let rule this county for far too long!
skunk holler bill

Bristol, VA

#2 Nov 9, 2012
Evans was doing what he is supposed to do, and what anyone doing that jop would do.
hold on wait a minute

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
We all had our chance to "be heard" and the people chose him over Campbell. I, myself, voted Campbell.
Coe

Napoleon, OH

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Darrel Coe would be a better prosecuter than Evans.
disgraceful

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Nov 10, 2012
Has he ever taken a major case before a jury or judge ????If not, after a while he will have plea deal evans....Thus defense attorneys will know he doesn t want to go before a judge or jury .Unfortunatly smyth county is controlled by democrats that are elected to office term after term...no matter how bad they are...town of marion owns a golf course now future up keep will have to be paid for by towns citizens through taxes...County school board buys worthless land and pay a small fortune for it from a elected demoract. to build a new school on ..... This is what happens when one party is elected to all the offices time and time again...Yhey wonder why marion has deterated so bad ....
OMG

Marion, VA

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Roy is a joke - its all about the "good ole boy" network - everyone else is subjected to blantant disregard for their Constitutional rights! The prosecutor's office is the most corrupt office across the board from discrimination, to mentality, to talking many into snitching - it is a joke, yet it still goes on! Roy is a hypocrite and an idiot!
Right

Marion, VA

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Do you all think he's got that much power? His office is overwhelmed with 100's of cases. Majority of them are repeat offenders....welfare residents with drug addictions, repeat DUI etc. They don't have enough staff to even cover all the cases. Sometimes it's other attorneys requesting these plea. The court system is under staffed & on a tight budget. The regional & state jails are also understaffed & have overcrowding & budget issues to deal with overcrowding . These plea bargains that are happening everywhere are in response to the criminal justice system in general. No room for prisoners = plea bargains. It's nationwide folks not just here.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Nov 11, 2012
OMG wrote:
Roy is a joke - its all about the "good ole boy" network - everyone else is subjected to blantant disregard for their Constitutional rights! The prosecutor's office is the most corrupt office across the board from discrimination, to mentality, to talking many into snitching - it is a joke, yet it still goes on! Roy is a hypocrite and an idiot!
Sounds a lot like Mr. Obama. He won't do a Hell of a lot unless it sinks America farther down the tubes. 4yrs of nothing but bad.
Hmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Big bird would be a better prosecutor than Evans. People in Smyth were warned. So if you voted for him, you have no room to complain.
nonsense

Washington, DC

#10 Nov 12, 2012
She pled guilty. However, there was no agreement in sentencing. She will be sentenced by a judge. Roy didn't set up a plea deal on this case.
sick

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Hell-even the judge probably knows Roy will let her walk
Whaaaaaaa

Buena Vista, VA

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Right wrote:
Do you all think he's got that much power? His office is overwhelmed with 100's of cases. Majority of them are repeat offenders....welfare residents with drug addictions, repeat DUI etc. They don't have enough staff to even cover all the cases. Sometimes it's other attorneys requesting these plea. The court system is under staffed & on a tight budget. The regional & state jails are also understaffed & have overcrowding & budget issues to deal with overcrowding . These plea bargains that are happening everywhere are in response to the criminal justice system in general. No room for prisoners = plea bargains. It's nationwide folks not just here.
So you're saying that, because of an underfunded system, it's ok for murderers to walk because it's cheaper and because everybody else does it? What about bucking he system and doing what's right,then leaving the budget issues up to the legislature and the county budget makers?
Guy Fawkes

Woodbridge, VA

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Whaaaaaaa wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that, because of an underfunded system, it's ok for murderers to walk because it's cheaper and because everybody else does it? What about bucking he system and doing what's right,then leaving the budget issues up to the legislature and the county budget makers?
Let me guess: If your taxes were raised to pay for more prosecution and incarceration, you would complain about that too.
PigNewton

Marion, VA

#14 Nov 13, 2012
Idgey wrote:
I certainly hope that ALL citizens of Smyth County remember this plea deal that Evans has set up for Tabitha Shobe....just as he has done for countless other criminals that walk through his court. Regardless of how you believe (guilty or innocent) isn't it time that Roy let the people of this county speak? It is our constitutional right (and priveledge) to be heard, this is why our founding fathers developed the jury system. Why does Roy Evans continue to deny us this right...it is past time for this man to be voted out of office. If our voices can not be heard in the courtroom then let our voices be heard at the next election!! We need to take a stand against the "good ol boy" system that we have let rule this county for far too long!
An "Alford Plea" -- which is what Shobe pled -- is not a "plea deal" -- it's an option, like pleading guilty or not guilty. An Alford Plea simply says she's not pleading guilty, although she acknowledges the prosecution has enough evidence to find her guilty. It has nothing to do with EVANS -- it has to do with her court-appointed LAWYER. Educate yourself before you start posting bullshit.
Blue Ribbons For Ryland

Washington, DC

#15 Nov 14, 2012
Please honor Ryland's memory & show the community how you feel about this tragic crime by wearing blue ribbons in January. cover the entire town. My aunt, Rylands grandmother spent weeks making blue ribbon pins with a little angel on them. She passed away a few months later.. so please do this for Ryland and her. thank you
interesting to note

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Nov 15, 2012
Now, I relly have to think really hard on this one! I wonders whom ole Roy voted for,for president ?
mkay

Marion, VA

#17 Nov 15, 2012
Ok first of all, you people need to learn to spell or take the time to spell check your message. How can you try to have a convincing argument if you say "relly" and "priveledge"? Reread Pig Newton, Skunk Holler Bill, Hold on wait a minute, Right, Hmmm, and Guy Fawkes.

A-he didn't make a plea, B-he won the election so if you don't like him you should have gotten more people to vote for Campbell, and C-Everyone who thinks the office is corrupt and it's a good ol' boy network needs to come up with some proof or stop saying it.
Right

Marion, VA

#18 Nov 15, 2012
mkay wrote:
Ok first of all, you people need to learn to spell or take the time to spell check your message. How can you try to have a convincing argument if you say "relly" and "priveledge"? Reread Pig Newton, Skunk Holler Bill, Hold on wait a minute, Right, Hmmm, and Guy Fawkes.
A-he didn't make a plea, B-he won the election so if you don't like him you should have gotten more people to vote for Campbell, and C-Everyone who thinks the office is corrupt and it's a good ol' boy network needs to come up with some proof or stop saying it.
I don't see any spelling errors but thanks!!...Incase you couldn't tell I'm an advocate for his office. But I appreciate the concern....
mkay

Marion, VA

#19 Nov 21, 2012
I meant that people should reread comments from those people because they made sense, not that those people had errors. My bad.
blome

Chilhowie, VA

#20 Nov 21, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Big bird would be a better prosecutor than Evans. People in Smyth were warned. So if you voted for him, you have no room to complain.
you can find big bird at BIRD"S COMPUTERS !ha !ha !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Well, let's finally DO something... 4 hr Wally 33
the tank restuarant under new management 8 hr Wytheville VA 1
Brian Coley n then some 11 hr So what 7
body shop 20 hr wondering 2
Lindy white (Jun '14) Sat picasso61 9
Chris Edward Jones (Jan '12) Fri Gucci 13
Informants Apr 22 funnyforty 13
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]