Hats off to the State of North Carolina
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Really

Jonesborough, TN

#281 Jun 6, 2012
You people are garbage....Im ashamed I came from the same town as you people. You are no better then those who supported slavery and were against civil rights in the 60s. You mindless retards go waste your vote on Romney in November.....at least your consistent.
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#282 Jun 6, 2012
More hate filled speeches from those that are to closed minded to agree to disagree with others. Why does it have to be your way or "I will trash talk everything about you for this one difference we have"?
Really

Jonesborough, TN

#283 Jun 6, 2012
Well if hating bigots and people who Cherry pick the bible and speak on Gods behalf is wrong...I am that. If we are supposed to stone gays guess we will have to stone those who take part in adultery...curse at parents and work on the sabbath. Boy we would run out of rocks pretty quick. One Nation under God....it doesnt say One Nation under a Chirstian God only. Once again people are forcing religion into Government. We are a country of many religions...many backgrounds. As a Christian if you are so devine in your faith live that way and stop worrying about everybody else.
Poster

Murfreesboro, TN

#284 Jun 7, 2012
Really wrote:
Well if hating bigots and people who Cherry pick the bible and speak on Gods behalf is wrong...I am that. If we are supposed to stone gays guess we will have to stone those who take part in adultery...curse at parents and work on the sabbath. Boy we would run out of rocks pretty quick. One Nation under God....it doesnt say One Nation under a Chirstian God only. Once again people are forcing religion into Government. We are a country of many religions...many backgrounds. As a Christian if you are so devine in your faith live that way and stop worrying about everybody else.
Well said.
Titstothewind

Nashville, TN

#285 Jun 7, 2012
Someone wrote:
You call someone a bigot because they believe in a specific religion. Alright I will give you a pass on that because there are some that hide behind religion to spread hate. By the way that is not for a true believer. I for one as a Christian say live and let live. I do not have to answer for anyone's sins but my own. I do have to say I still disagree with same sex marriage. It is not based on religion but fact. Marriage is not a civil liberty. Plain and simple. Now I have to say this, you statement was full of bigotry and nastiness just because of your disbelief in their point of view. Where are you any better than the ones you are denouncing?
To denounce hate and bigotry is not hate nor bigotry. One does not have to tolerate intolerance.
Titstothewind

Nashville, TN

#286 Jun 7, 2012
Someone wrote:
You call someone a bigot because they believe in a specific religion. Alright I will give you a pass on that because there are some that hide behind religion to spread hate. By the way that is not for a true believer. I for one as a Christian say live and let live. I do not have to answer for anyone's sins but my own. I do have to say I still disagree with same sex marriage. It is not based on religion but fact. Marriage is not a civil liberty. Plain and simple. Now I have to say this, you statement was full of bigotry and nastiness just because of your disbelief in their point of view. Where are you any better than the ones you are denouncing?
And according to Supreme Court case Loving v. Virginia, marriage IS a civil liberty.
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#287 Jun 7, 2012
No with Loving v. Virginia marriage was denied based on genetics, the color of someone's skin. What is being asked for is the change of law for a behavior. Not a genetically linked skin color. In my opinion this is a weak argument. I say that because if stating exerts from the Bible is a weak argument then so is spouting off unrelated issues that have happened in the past.

Really said, "You people are garbage..."
Definition of Bigotry:
Bigoted attitudes; intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.
Calling someone garbage because of their beliefs does seem to fit the literal definition of bigotry.

I said, "there are some that hide behind religion to spread hate. By the way that is not for a true believer. I for one as a Christian say live and let live."
I think everyone has a right to live their life. I just do not think everyone has a right to change laws to fit what the minority wants. If the majority votes and says it should be allowed then that is one thing. But to attack the majority for not supporting the minority is ludicrous.

I hope what you lack in understanding of my argument will become clear. Not everyone that does not support the same sex marriage is basing everything on religion. I do feel that marriage is a religious issue, "One marriage under God." But I also understand it is a civil issue as well. I was not there but I bet Adam and Eve did not have to apply for a marriage license.

My one question all along has been why does it have to be marriage. I know an awesome gay couple that is not going to get involved with this "movement" because they feel that it is to touchy. They are waiting for everyone else to wise up and realize that it is not worth the fight. Steps are being skipped and maybe if those smaller battles were won then one day marriage would be an option.(Pretty much their words. I did paraphrase a bit.) They said they wanted to address the civil union issue first. That is the logical first step.

So why is it that marriage is so important to others?
Really

Johnson City, TN

#288 Jun 7, 2012
So if I hate murders....the fact I dislike them or intolerant of them....makes me a bigot? Sorry I am intolerant of people who try to run others lifes because a bad interpretation of scripture. If people opose it for reasons other than religion....Im dying to hear what reasons those are. With the progression of studies with genetics....if scientist were able to find links between homosexuality and genes....how foolish and laughable will it be when we find out the world isnt flat. But again stupidity and ignorance will rule...and the evidence will be igonored. Just like Evoluation is the work of the devil.......just like how some believe the earth is only 5,000 years old.
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#289 Jun 7, 2012
I am just saying you are showing the same intolerance that you are trying to denounce. I understand that you are not a "Christian" and I respect that, to each his/her own. I do not base MY reasons solely on the fact of religion. I am not narrow minded. You just say "I am for it" and start spouting off nastiness about those that are not. I am not being nasty or mean. I am trying to have a discussion. I have been in on this one for a while and had some very interesting conversations with others. Unfortunately I feel ours will not be a respectful communication between two adults who are just trying to voice their opinions.

With a sigh I say I listed my main objection in the post I made above. If you do not wish to try to understand I will just ask you to please limit your nasty remarks about my religion. If you chose not to do this then that is fine as well. I can tell respect is not high on your list of things to do today.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#290 Jun 7, 2012
Really wrote:
So if I hate murders....the fact I dislike them or intolerant of them....makes me a bigot? Sorry I am intolerant of people who try to run others lifes because a bad interpretation of scripture. If people opose it for reasons other than religion....Im dying to hear what reasons those are. With the progression of studies with genetics....if scientist were able to find links between homosexuality and genes....how foolish and laughable will it be when we find out the world isnt flat. But again stupidity and ignorance will rule...and the evidence will be igonored. Just like Evoluation is the work of the devil.......just like how some believe the earth is only 5,000 years old.
You have made a complete ass of yourself on each and every post to date. It is clear that you are more of a bigot than the people you attempt to chastise. Why don't you take your bigoted remarks somewhere they might be more tolerated?
Really

Johnson City, TN

#291 Jun 7, 2012
Come down from your dramatic soap box. Who says Im not a Christian? Im still waiting to hear those non religious reasons your against gay marriage.....? I use the word garbage to describe the people that are predigest against gays...blacks anybody who isnt like them. Never did I state you were that garbage. Your point just seems to be hey accept people who hate others.
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#292 Jun 7, 2012
What part do you think I was on a soap box for? Was it when I was asking for you to show respect? Oh wait I know, it was when I said you are not stating a persuasive reason just that you are for it. Or could it be when I stated my reason and you ignored it completely?

You have a lack of communication skills. I have a book from college call Interpersonal Communication Everyday Encounters. It is by Julia T. Wood. It has several great tips on how to have a productive conversation. I think you could benefit from it. Let me know if you want it I think about $30 is a fair price. It was sold to me for $100.
Really Someone is special

Johnson City, TN

#293 Jun 8, 2012
Do you read before you hit post? So show respect....to those who dont respect others. God you have to be Republican haha Still dancing around the question....I thought by now you would come up with some kind of answer.....but none the less dance on dance on hahahahah. Just say it you have no non religious reasons for Gay marriage. Ahh Wise Wolverine...so by calling me an ass are you demonstrating bigotry towards me....tisk tisk.
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#294 Jun 8, 2012
Really,
I have no intention of getting into a battle of wits when you are clearly unarmed. So, is that a "no" on the book then? Believe me you would understand the difference between disrespect and someone disagreeing with you on a topic, if you read it. I also think it would help you see MY thoughts and opinions were clearly outlined in post 287, and multiple other places in this thread because I have discussed this with several people. Two of which were on the opposite side of the issue but I had a great conversation with them. While you only want to insult people that do not believe the same way you do, and stomp your foot and say, "Everyone should support it because I say so," they voiced reasons and opinions that were insightful. If you got this book then you too could show insight as to why you feel the way you do instead of just pouts and insults. My offer is still on the table.

Johnson City, TN

#295 Jun 8, 2012
Haha still no answer.....I gave my reasons...Boy you sure are putting words in my mouth. Sure where you want to meet to pick up my book?
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#296 Jun 8, 2012
What words did I put in your mouth and when do you want to meet? I live here in town and can meet you anytime of the evenings after work.

I did answer it is not my fault if you do not want to go back and reread post number 287 where my answer is at.

Johnson City, TN

#297 Jun 11, 2012
Macados......table near the wooden indian....say 7?
Someone

Murfreesboro, TN

#298 Jun 11, 2012
I can't this week. Ended up in the ER last night. Check in closer to the weekend hopefully I will feel like I can move then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
good place to drink beer (Feb '12) 3 hr space walk 47
Frances Reeves (May '12) 8 hr Iknowher 109
who is Jessica Delp seeing ? or what the deal w... 8 hr thisisme 6
Can't open the post about Renee Delp (Jul '15) 8 hr thisisme 13
Summer Marie thoughts ? 8 hr Isthatyou 2
News Monty Dean Guy accused of molesting a 13-year-old (Feb '11) 8 hr Isthatyouchomo 27
sheriff 8 hr Marionresident 3

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages