behavior @ basketball game

behavior @ basketball game

Posted in the Marion Forum

canes

Durham, NC

#1 Dec 2, 2012
As a Marion graduate, I was embarrassed at the behavior of the Marion fans Friday night against Chilhowie. A doctor, lawyers, and some school board personnel were acting stupid. Cheer for your team but please stop degrading the other school. MSHS is starting to get a black eye regarding the treatment of other schools. I love when the crowd gets into a game but the behavior went overboard Friday night.
Mountain man

Johnson City, TN

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Did you not see how people from Chilhowie were acting and I'm talking grown adults? Two were husband and wife school teachers that were making gestures and faces at the Marion student section. Of course this doesn't surprise me, Chilhowie fans have been a disgrace and an embarrassment for Smyth County for many years. I think some of our fans get caught up in the moment, especially how the Warrior fans act and it is even worse playing down there.
canes

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 3, 2012
I could care less about Cilhowie's fans. I am talking about Marion's fans and yes most of them were adults. I quit going to the Abingdon game because of the language and behavior of the players parents. Probably will quit going altogether.
old times

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 3, 2012
chilhowie has alwaya been class less over the yrs...Actually, i would have went over to the visitors side and asked them what their problem was exactly... To the marion fan who was embarrassed... If you have that much of a problem don t come back You will not be missed believe me!!
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Parents could learn a lot about ood sportsmanship from their school age kids.A lot of the parents came from way up the holler.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 3, 2012
People are always too concerned about shit that don't mean anything. If adults would get serious about what matters, and let the kids, "YES KIDS" play the damn games.....then maybe the future would look better.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#7 Dec 3, 2012
canes wrote:
As a Marion graduate, I was embarrassed at the behavior of the Marion fans Friday night against Chilhowie. A doctor, lawyers, and some school board personnel were acting stupid. Cheer for your team but please stop degrading the other school. MSHS is starting to get a black eye regarding the treatment of other schools. I love when the crowd gets into a game but the behavior went overboard Friday night.
Well...If a Fight Had Broken Out....We Had a Doctor For Medical Attention....A Lawyer For Suing Someones Ass.....And Some School Board Personnel For Sending Them To Detention....
Maybe We Should Pray At Them The Next Game....
John

Hardy, VA

#8 Dec 4, 2012
Harley T Ford- wrote:
People are always too concerned about shit that don't mean anything. If adults would get serious about what matters, and let the kids, "YES KIDS" play the damn games.....then maybe the future would look better.
Wow Harley, something we agree on. Miracles do happen. Unfortunately parents act like this in recreation league sports also. It's a damn shame.
sheriff

Moneta, VA

#9 Dec 5, 2012
Chilhowie brings it on themselves.
Luke

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
sheriff wrote:
Chilhowie brings it on themselves.
Where is the telephone. I need to call in a pizza??
sheriff

Moneta, VA

#11 Dec 10, 2012
Well I bet it ain't at that sporting goods store anymore.
panther

Johnson City, TN

#12 Dec 11, 2012
You need to cheer harder for the girls team. They are 0 fo Smyth County.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13 Dec 11, 2012
Luke wrote:
<quoted text> Where is the telephone. I need to call in a pizza??
The powers that be do not allow us to speak of the telephone. If you notice the last threads were taken down, just after the father/son were indicted. They protect their own more than the people they're paid to protect.
Skunk holler bill

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Dec 11, 2012
How can I now order a pizza?????? I should have phone rights!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate flag on truck in front of Dollar Ge... 10 hr Southern Charm 18
shingo restaurant 13 hr unsatisfied customer 31
what happened to Trevor ferleys arm??? 14 hr Word 7
Marion Automotive Group 16 hr ToTo 13
who for sheriff and why Thu Well 11
rabakah shupe (Nov '12) Thu Ramos 7
pumpkin head Thu Ramos 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages