dadsrock

Strawberry Plains, TN

#1 Sep 29, 2012
Ok can anyone let me know the purpose of my kids having a GAL? Also what do they do and don't they even talk to each parent cause I haven't seen one yet? Can my girlfriend be around when he just shows up or does that look bad? Guess better get out my maid outfit until they show also I mean I keep a nice house but I bet they come with a white glove huh? Courts not till late November so kinda wonder if I need to set am appointment or something. Uggg the stress.
Reality

Clay, WV

#2 Sep 29, 2012
A Guardian Ad Litem basically represents the best interests of the minor children. They're supposed to try and keep the kids away from shitty parents and make them clean there act before anything can be discussed.
meohmy

Knoxville, TN

#3 Sep 29, 2012
Alright this is my advice call the court and get the GAL info if you have not already. Then contact them and set up the appointment. I think you can take the initiative and that will be best. Is this girl friend a long term relationship? Does she live with you? How much contact will she have with your kids? If you have answered yes to these questions you may want to introduce her to the GAL. I did my then fiance and that helped. Now that we are married and I have sole custody of my kids.
dadsrock

Strawberry Plains, TN

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Ty for your help. Do they make several home visits? Or do they go make school and work visits too? Just all crazy when I take care of everything on my end. Thxs again.
meohmy

Knoxville, TN

#5 Sep 30, 2012
Well they made one home visit for me. This was a lawyer from Abingdon and he was great. I don't know how many he made with the ex thought. Then he went to the school and talked to the kids alone. If you don't mind my asking did you or your ex file for the hearing? I will be honest with ya the ad litem went into court with the intention of supporting the custody split, a week at a time per parent. By the end of the hearing the, at the time current wife and since then another ex, was my best witness.
dadsrock

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6 Oct 1, 2012
meohmy wrote:
Well they made one home visit for me. This was a lawyer from Abingdon and he was great. I don't know how many he made with the ex thought. Then he went to the school and talked to the kids alone. If you don't mind my asking did you or your ex file for the hearing? I will be honest with ya the ad litem went into court with the intention of supporting the custody split, a week at a time per parent. By the end of the hearing the, at the time current wife and since then another ex, was my best witness.
No I don't mind I filed and I was unsure what to expect is why I asked on here. Thxs
meohmy

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Well good luck to ya and another thing to be aware of is the child support issue. DO NOT ask for stop payment and change of custody because the judge said she HATES that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Evans 3 hr Hmm 1
Worst Homewreckers in Marion.... 8 hr Georgie 16
Thieves 9 hr Teresa 115
Hottest people, Marion, VA, guys or girls, what... 9 hr Johnny 38
Goodmans Pest Control 9 hr smila 34
bobby firestone 11 hr drugabuse 2
Michelle Combs POS snitch for the POS law enfor... 11 hr drugabuse 2

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance