First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Sep 20, 2012
lol at that wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider the Reserves to be real ARMY. All they do is harass real soldiers while they are home on R&R. A PFC in the real ARMY has more time of service than an SSG in the Reserves + it isn't like Reservists are ever going to do anything combat-related. They don't even have combat arms soldiers.
I can't even go on facebook without seeing these weekend warriors brag about being the equivalent of special forces, and remember the time my sister told me this reservist told her he jumps out of helicopters like he was some kind of black ops delta operator. My platoon got a pretty big laugh out of that one.
I beg to differ with this comment. I was active duty for 23 yrs and fought in Vietnam along side of many reservist and sure was happy to have them there. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
proud soldier mom

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Oct 1, 2012
wandering wrote:
fills like this town is so unpatriotic, i dont know anyone from marion who ever fought in the war
i would fight but im a teenager but when i turn 18 iim going to join the marine special forces. i will prob be first person in marion to ever fight in a war, witch is cool but i still ashamed to be from a town who is so lazy
Why dont you check the records or go to the vfw {veterans of foreign wars] Several of my uncles fought over seas And I know several vets that would be very upset to hear some one like you say that.My brother was in a foreign war and my son pulled 2 tours in Iraq away from his family to serve our country and how dare some one like you to run your mouth. Why dont you just go to the vfw and talk to some of the veterans who served our country for smart ass punks like you. So i hope that if you do get in the special forces and go fight in a war as you say you could be one of those lazy people that comes back with no legs or arms or part of his body blown to pieces or screwed up for the rest of your life.Go ahead and talk crap about something you dont even know about or even care.
proud soldier mom

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Oct 1, 2012
caesar wrote:
<quoted text>This post, without a doubt, is the MOST STUPID, IDIOTIC, NONSENCE post I've EVER SEEN ON HERE! I just hope none of our veterans see it, but if they do, I'm sure they will consider the source.
By the way, the armed forces don't need idiots like you, they need GOOD MEN AND WOMEN!
I totally agree with you. This one deserves idiot of the century award.
soldiers sister

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Oct 2, 2012
wandering wrote:
fills like this town is so unpatriotic, i dont know anyone from marion who ever fought in the war
i would fight but im a teenager but when i turn 18 iim going to join the marine special forces. i will prob be first person in marion to ever fight in a war, witch is cool but i still ashamed to be from a town who is so lazy
Little Boy you need to grow up and put on some big boy pants before you start posting crap like this and look around at all the soldiers and reservist who have lost limbs and so forth to save your little ass and then you think you are all that guess what kid you are not !! These soldiers do alot that you have never seen or prob never will , with that said my brother missed the birth of two of his children been in afganastin 2 times as well as Iraq 2 times he come home to his kids with broken bones in his neck , arm problems, mental issues from what he has seen and done , not to mention the broken bones he has suffered from jumping from trucks and such!! So little boy if you think you can be all that and you are the first in Marion I hate to bust your bubble but you are not Shit until you do something and make sacrifices like soldiers do and have done
lol

Marion, VA

#25 Oct 2, 2012
Earl wrote:
<quoted text> I beg to differ with this comment. I was active duty for 23 yrs and fought in Vietnam along side of many reservist and sure was happy to have them there. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
What is your point? That Reservists fought in Vietnam? I agree, they certainly did. I also thank you for your service, but I think that it was fairly obvious that I was talking about the modern ARMY. The Reserves have not had Combat units for over 30 years: "In the post-Cold War draw-down, all of the Army Reserve's combat units were disbanded," -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Ar...

But if you talk to the Reservist kids in this town and they will try to convince you that they are black ops / Delta Force. I went to high school with one of them, and he told me 80% of his unit failed their PT test. They are fat, out of shape, and spend less time "soldiering" in five years than a real soldier "soldiers" in six months. I don't respect them, and they make my uniform look like shit. Fuck all of them.
CJz

Radford, VA

#26 Oct 2, 2012
You are quite misinformed, or possibly just ignorant. Have you ever gone to the VFW? There are so many veterans there that it's obvious that Marion is NOT full of "lazy" or unpatriotic people. My grandfather was a World War II veteran who fought in the Pacific who happened to live in Marion for most of his life. My other grandfather fought in both WWII and Vietnam and also lived in Marion his whole life. I have friends who have just come back from Afghanistan who also happen to live in Marion. Maybe you should do a little research before posting such a ridiculous and stupid statement. Good luck in the military...
retired military

Marion, VA

#27 Oct 2, 2012
Whot do you mean no veterans in marion Iam a 20 year veteran.Two wars
do us a favor

Chilhowie, VA

#28 Oct 2, 2012
whoever the smart mouthed un-american is that is being so negative about the reservists on this posting as well as the veterans just do us all that have proudly served a big favor and keep your ass at home and keep on feeding from that sugar teat. our country doesnt need negative pricks like you to even don a uniform to defend this great county. keep your ass at home!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Billy Hicks Delp is a crook! 4 min IdontGetit 7
Used Cars 3 hr very unhappy cust... 3
Factory on Bear Creek 15 hr Clean up your act 4
Who is the toughest dude in Marion? (Mar '12) 17 hr yep 36
mechanical 19 hr save your money 8
Tattoo Shops 22 hr ink 8
jobs 22 hr justdoit 17

Marion Jobs

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE