how come theres no veterans in marion?

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wandering

Knoxville, TN

#1 Sep 18, 2012
fills like this town is so unpatriotic, i dont know anyone from marion who ever fought in the war

i would fight but im a teenager but when i turn 18 iim going to join the marine special forces. i will prob be first person in marion to ever fight in a war, witch is cool but i still ashamed to be from a town who is so lazy
You are a fool

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 18, 2012
One thing age will bring is maturity. Parris Island is a good place for you. One word - respect. They'll teach it to you in spades.
Info for you

Marion, VA

#3 Sep 18, 2012
wandering wrote:
fills like this town is so unpatriotic, i dont know anyone from marion who ever fought in the war
i would fight but im a teenager but when i turn 18 iim going to join the marine special forces. i will prob be first person in marion to ever fight in a war, witch is cool but i still ashamed to be from a town who is so lazy
Go and visit the VFW and ask them how many veterans are in Marion. There are many WW2 vets living in this town!!
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#4 Sep 18, 2012
wandering wrote:
This post, without a doubt, is the MOST STUPID, IDIOTIC, NONSENCE post I've EVER SEEN ON HERE! I just hope none of our veterans see it, but if they do, I'm sure they will consider the source.
By the way, the armed forces don't need idiots like you, they need GOOD MEN AND WOMEN!
really

United States

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Um unit of 100+ in Marion. You dumb ass
Lol

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 18, 2012
WWII, Vietnam, Korea, Desert Storm, there are many veterans in this town that we are proud of. I must say Marion is one of the most patriotic towns you will see.
2Cents

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Sep 19, 2012
wandering wrote:
You have obviously never been through town when the VFW puts out American Flags on all the light poles on every patriotic holiday during the year, or never have seen the courthouse lawn for memorial day lined with row after row of flags and crosses with the names of those veterans from Smyth County who have died, or even been in down town last week when the biggest flag ever was flying in front of the fire hall on 9/11, or witnessed every veteran (men and women) that attended that ceremony stand at full attention when the National Anthem was played. Just because you, personally, have never met a veteran from Marion, doesn't mean they don't exist. You have a lot of growing up to do.
haha

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 19, 2012
wandering wrote:
it takes more intelligence than you currently have to be in MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) which are a component command to SOCOM (Special Operations Command) until you reach the mental capacity of the elite, you better work on your history of your town first kid and then worry how you're going to get off the island before you think of joining MARSOC. hope you make it though
lol at that

Knoxville, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2012
really wrote:
Um unit of 100+ in Marion. You dumb ass
I don't consider the Reserves to be real ARMY. All they do is harass real soldiers while they are home on R&R. A PFC in the real ARMY has more time of service than an SSG in the Reserves + it isn't like Reservists are ever going to do anything combat-related. They don't even have combat arms soldiers.

I can't even go on facebook without seeing these weekend warriors brag about being the equivalent of special forces, and remember the time my sister told me this reservist told her he jumps out of helicopters like he was some kind of black ops delta operator. My platoon got a pretty big laugh out of that one.
Annoyed

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 19, 2012
I disagree with that! All soldiers have my respect. I don't care if they are reservists, active duty or whatever. I know reservists who have pulled multiple tours in Iraq, spent years away from their wives and children, and even missing the birth of their of their children. Some have even lost their own lives while idiots like you laugh at them and call them "Weekend Warriors". The military has most definitely not taught you any respect!
lol at that

Knoxville, TN

#11 Sep 19, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
I disagree with that! All soldiers have my respect. I don't care if they are reservists, active duty or whatever. I know reservists who have pulled multiple tours in Iraq, spent years away from their wives and children, and even missing the birth of their of their children. Some have even lost their own lives while idiots like you laugh at them and call them "Weekend Warriors". The military has most definitely not taught you any respect!
Respect is earned in the Military. You won't find many Infantrymen who "respect" Pogues (google "pog" sometime), let alone National Guard, or Reservists. Even within the Infantry, most privates, or "cherries" as we call them aren't even considered a legitimate soldier until they get their first taste of combat. In some units this involves killing a man. While these reservists sit on BIAP eating three meals a day, having hot showers, and playing Xbox 360, Infantrymen are going days without sleep, starving, and fighting for their lives. Fuck pogues.

Since: Apr 12

Marion, Va

#12 Sep 19, 2012
wandering wrote:
If you have been talking to many adults around town, you have been talking to veterans and didn't know it. Most veterans who were in war situations won't talk about it. They want to forget it. A friend in town was in Special Forces in Vietnam. He said he couldn't talk about it for years and he still doesn't volunteer to talk about his years of service. You have to ask him directly.
joe

Marion, VA

#13 Sep 19, 2012
you need to go back to your room retard for stating this post
Just Saying

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Honestly I can't agree with you on the reservists being Nothing, because a lot of the reservists come out of active duty after pulling so many years and decide they wanna stay in but usually return to their hometown and do the weekend thing rather then it being their everyday job Hince the term “weekend warrior” so yes in my book they are still Vets primarily because they served their time before taking a less demanding job. A Pogue is anything besides infantry/combat Men and Woman, this would mean an office worker ETC. ETC. A Grunt- Someone who is infantry- As in the Marines is 0311. A Boot- Someone Fresh outta Boot Camp or outta MOS School, there are more terms but these are the most identifying words you will hear. I am not in the Military nor have I ever been, I just have friends who are and you hear the trash talking all the time, which is Hilarious to listen to them trash talk one another. No I didn't go look these up in order to know what they mean like I said I've been around it and you pretty much learn real quick what the meaning of each is!! I support each and every Soldier who leaves the confort of their home front and has to face the dangers of never returning home. I have the up most respect for them because while they are fighting we are laughing, hugging, eating, sleeping whatever the case might be. If this kid wants to Join the Marines, believe me he will mature real quick I'd say give him about a second after stepping off the bus and stepping into those yellow footprints, and he will learn a lot, as for Special Forces Good luck with that!!!
Willy Cosmo

Strawberry Plains, TN

#15 Sep 20, 2012
wandering wrote:
LOL! Bless your cotton socks! Your mama don't let you out of the house much, does she? If she did you'd maybe get a chance to see the big downtown memorial for all those people "that didn't fight in the war" (as you were saying), or the numerous living veterans all over town.
Geez kid, if you're gonna come on here and have a bitch fest about something, at least pick a semi-realistic topic. I mean, Marion has a good share of it's own problems, don't get me wrong, but a supposed lack of veterans is not one of them.
lol

Knoxville, TN

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
primarily because they served their time before taking a less demanding job. A
lol, no. Every time there is Drill in Marion, I see a ton of E-nothing cherries. Most reservists are not retired Active Duty, let alone retired Infantrymen.

You can respect them all you want, but real soldiers consider them to be nothing more than a joke and a complete disgrace to our uniform. Most of them want to wear the uniform without paying for it with blood, sweat and tears. This pretty much sums up the National Guard / Reservists.
You are a fool

Marion, VA

#17 Sep 20, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, no. Every time there is Drill in Marion, I see a ton of E-nothing cherries. Most reservists are not retired Active Duty, let alone retired Infantrymen.
You can respect them all you want, but real soldiers consider them to be nothing more than a joke and a complete disgrace to our uniform. Most of them want to wear the uniform without paying for it with blood, sweat and tears. This pretty much sums up the National Guard / Reservists.
Wow. How anyone could disrespect anyone willing to serve their community, their state, their country just amazes me. Sure, combat veterans deserve tons of respect, but those who pull weekend duty and helps communities in time of natural disaster, like last years tornados, also get my respect. Why do you have to be so angry and nasty to people who simply want to serve?
Just Saying

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Sep 20, 2012
I didn't say those in Marion did I?? I said Most reservists "NOT ALL" the ones I know of have pulled their time as active duty, has felt the pain of being a million miles away from their loved ones, has felt the wrath of a brother in arms loose their lives, have put sweat and tears into what they do best!! I have a friend right now that's a SSGT and when he comes out and if he chooses to go back home and join the reserves your gonna consider him a E-Nothing?? Whatever dude you are disrespectful,
lol

Knoxville, TN

#19 Sep 20, 2012
You are a fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. How anyone could disrespect anyone willing to serve their community, their state, their country just amazes me. Sure, combat veterans deserve tons of respect, but those who pull weekend duty and helps communities in time of natural disaster, like last years tornados, also get my respect. Why do you have to be so angry and nasty to people who simply want to serve?
They make the conscious decision to be cowards, and they have to live with it. There is a reason they didn't join the real ARMY, or a real MOS. As a former RECON Soldier who has lost 90% of the men he served with to the current conflict in the Middle East I have a particular disdain for the Reservists of this town. Most of them make rash claims of being snipers, Rambo, or other non-sense. I remember having some Reserves faggot in civilian clothes come up to me as my parents stopped at a gas station on my way back from the AIRPORT during R&R and began grilling me like I was a day-one Private. It's like really, faggot, are you for serious right now? I punked him the fuck out like a bitch too. My entire family laughed at him as he started trembling. Called himself "Sergeant Smith." I'm sure he distinctly remembers this.
Earl

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Sep 20, 2012
wandering wrote:
You aren't very well informed. If you don't know any Veterans that have fought in wars you had best stay out of the Marines because you won't be smart enought to make it. My advice to you is to enroll in a homech class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's Executive Order to Make Illegal to be D... 4 hr the_lyncher 4
Trump's Next Step in Consolidation of Power 4 hr the_lyncher 1
TRW in Atkins shutting down CONFIRMED 5 hr Sledd 9
Lesa Compton (Feb '13) 10 hr Know one 4
Macados (Aug '12) 18 hr RachelB 67
Jeremy Tyson Parr 20 hr Shelly23 11
Who is Anna Knapp, and why is she in jail??? (Sep '11) 23 hr Gobert 14

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance