trial AJ Tabitha vs com. starts :
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
quiet guy

Marion, VA

#44 Mar 19, 2012
No, I am not retarded ( bad choice of words pal ) I just know the system , you are blaming the wrong person. Roy can only do what the court system wants. As I said, the outcome would have been the same regardless of who the COmmonwealth's Attorney was.
Hooty

Gladys, VA

#45 Mar 19, 2012
I just need to add, that this AJ fellow did NOT plead guilty. They offered him an Alford plea. This is not admitting guilt, but conceding to the fact that the prosecution has enough evidence to sway the jury and court that you are guilty. You get time, but not as much as if you plead guilty. Kind of the grey area in the laws, but legal all the same. He got this plea deal so he would squeal on her as a states witness. Roy has something to do with the plea deals, but in this case, he can get more info, for higher charges on her by offering this plea. Do I think its just right, nope, but in this situation, they weighed the options, and figured they would be able to come out a head with him taking the deal.
If ppl only knew

Charlottesville, VA

#46 Mar 22, 2012
Hooty wrote:
I just need to add, that this AJ fellow did NOT plead guilty. They offered him an Alford plea. This is not admitting guilt, but conceding to the fact that the prosecution has enough evidence to sway the jury and court that you are guilty. You get time, but not as much as if you plead guilty. Kind of the grey area in the laws, but legal all the same. He got this plea deal so he would squeal on her as a states witness. Roy has something to do with the plea deals, but in this case, he can get more info, for higher charges on her by offering this plea. Do I think its just right, nope, but in this situation, they weighed the options, and figured they would be able to come out a head with him taking the deal.
Oh please. He got two years for FELONY MURDER!!!! Alfred plea or not. He gets to years to turn on her for what? Her to serve three years? If anyone feels the need to break the law, and get little to no time? Come to Smyth County!
Ha Ha

Bristol, VA

#47 Mar 22, 2012
Well if they had enough evidence on him for him to take the Alford plea, then it seems to me that he could have served more than two years, witnessing against the girl or not.
CottonEye

Burlington, VT

#48 Mar 22, 2012
Go to the court website. He was not in court for felony murder, his charges were for child abuse. In Va each case of child abuse has different punishments. He was not found "guilty". The law is not as cut and dry as we would like to think it is. He took the plea, but maintained his innocence. He got 10 yrs on the books, with 8 suspended. I dont think its right, he should have gotten more time. But they can only give him so much time for chilld abuse, as the felony murder charges had been dropped in his case. For her trial however, if found guilty she can get no less than 5 years, and no more than 40 yrs. Please do not think I am defending AJ, he was involved and it disgusts me. I am just presenting legal facts. Any of the info I have given can be looked up on the court websites and Google. I agree with you Ha Ha, totally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 2 hr WhyDidntWE 240
SHIRLEY'S sucking 5 hr we low class 10
danny cress aka chico (Sep '15) 5 hr Scooter 42
Emily oakes 11 hr Captain 4
Barney teaters 12 hr Connie Korn Whole 14
Sydney Jones? 12 hr run4you 8
What happened between Amber Nicole & Kaleb Arnold 12 hr Biscuit 2

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance