Five charged in Marion VFW break-in

Five charged in Marion VFW break-in

There are 28 comments on the TriCities.com story from Nov 4, 2011, titled Five charged in Marion VFW break-in. In it, TriCities.com reports that:

Corey Wayne Elvetici, 18, of Gillman Street in Marion, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering, grand larceny and destruction of property, according to a written statement from the Smyth County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TriCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a mom

Bristol, VA

#1 Nov 4, 2011
this is great news. makes me wonder if they are the ones that broke in last time? or maybe know who did?
XtraXtra

Esmont, VA

#2 Nov 4, 2011
Look @ this twerps facebook acount. He's a real winner and has top notch friends.
kenheathsjellydo nuts

Nashville, TN

#3 Nov 4, 2011
Can we have some names please? or a link to some news about the case?
Ken Heath

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Nov 4, 2011
The only "adult" is listed in the article above. And I prefer Dunkin' Donuts, thanks.
XtraXtra

Esmont, VA

#5 Nov 4, 2011
uhhhh its up above here right below the title of the forum it says full story tricities.com you have to click there
nuffinbutidiots

Logan, IA

#6 Nov 5, 2011
yeah but i want to know the minor's names....
Curious George

Nashville, TN

#7 Nov 5, 2011
nuffinbutidiots wrote:
yeah but i want to know the minor's names....
Me too!!!!!
wowjustwow

Logan, IA

#10 Nov 5, 2011
how did they find out....nick and the other's brag to their friends or something
Jennifer johnson

Logan, IA

#12 Nov 7, 2011
yes but the names are of people well known for being trouble makers so chances are...guilty...just saying
Duh

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 Nov 7, 2011
i know most of the kids involved, and they already have a criminal back ground. i believe it was them without a doubt
justsaying

Logan, IA

#14 Nov 7, 2011
Corey Elvetici
yea i know what i did and it was wrong but you dont see me judgeing anyone else you has done bad or done something wrong so why judge me...posted Yesterday at 8:27pm...on facebook..so explain to me how this little brat who openly admits to doing this..is walking free right now...oh and to the little girl naming names you forgot Marcus Moran where ever trouble is he can be found..but how come that boy is out and free after something like this ..i don't understand that ...
Sherris cuz

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Nov 7, 2011
its called a bond!
justsaying

Logan, IA

#16 Nov 8, 2011
well his azz needs to be forced to stay in there like the rest of them it's unfair it would do him a world of good to be forced to sit in there and think about what he did
trying to help

Esmont, VA

#17 Nov 8, 2011
I'd rather him be at home and be embarrassed of all the talk going on about him than my taxes keeping him up. What he did was a horrible thing and he was the legal adult so he deserves to be ashamed, kicked out of school, and whatever else becomes of this. Kids do make mistakes but the day he turned 18 he became responsible for those mistakes. The other people involved, their poor parents have to answer and pay for them. Not every bad kid comes from a bad parent. I pray for the families because I'm sure SOME of them are having a hard time dealing with this. I believe that this was not a "wrong place/wrong time" thing, it was just some teens who did some really bad things and now they don't want to pay the piper.
trying to help

Esmont, VA

#18 Nov 8, 2011
and by the way, I know some people (friends) will get on here and say this is no one's business but it is. When you take from a place that helps the entire community, it does become our business. The VFW hosts the hot dog dinner every 4th of July and it's open to all. They provide the flags for main street that the boyscouts put up. They also give scholarships and allow groups to use their facility at a low cost. The VFW is an asset. Yes people make mistakes and they can and will be forgiven but no one will forget this and everyone in the community has a right to have an opinion about it.
seriously

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Nov 8, 2011
let alone these men and women of this organization put their lives on the line for each one of us and would do anything to help anyone in the community so why steal from them? Really?
justsaying

Logan, IA

#20 Nov 8, 2011
i agree completely with you ...and yes some of these kids might have good parenting but some have careless parents/parent and would rather party..hang out with friends...and tend to their own selfish needs before taking care of their kids the pawn them off on whoever will take them half the time they don't even know where their kids are and it takes something like this to make them wake up and realize hey i'm messing up as a parent here but all these boys can be tried as adults because their ages are so close to 18 guess we will see how it goes
theadult

Nashville, TN

#21 Nov 8, 2011
Seems to be a lot of opinions on why these boys did what they did. Glad to know you know so much about these parents for you to throw stones. This must mean if you know so much was you partying with the parents. Also glad you know their ages so well but actually I don't think you know anything but what you have heard. I love when all these people start talking about things they do not know a thing about. Who ever done it should not have but I dont think this is judge or jury here
lucky

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Nov 8, 2011
Well it seems to me it's their own faults...if they was dumb enough to come back after getting away with it the first time, did they not think they'd be watching it??
Ramm Man

Charlottesville, VA

#23 Nov 9, 2011
lucky wrote:
Well it seems to me it's their own faults...if they was dumb enough to come back after getting away with it the first time, did they not think they'd be watching it??
It was their own fault the first time too, dufus! Any piece of crap low enough to steal from veterans is too stupid to be our roaming the streets and having a second chance. The parents should be jailed as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sheriff 3 hr we made a mistake 1
in Marion 8 hr Vet 6
Dog Being Drug Behind Truck in Thomas Bridge Wed National Lampoon 4
Kayla Charles Wed True 10
Lady at the title loan place (Jan '12) Wed Buster 6
SugerGrove Snich List (Mar '14) Wed Wth 61
corey & mckayla Wed Inthedark 55

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance