First Prev
of 5
Next Last
vroom vroom

Natural Bridge Station, VA

#1 Sep 9, 2013
If you are riding one of those little scooters that can only go about 20 mph and you are on hwy 11 and you look back and see 20+ vehicles behind you, then MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, dont just ride up middle of the road, let everyone go around you.
Verna

Brookneal, VA

#2 Sep 9, 2013
vroom vroom wrote:
If you are riding one of those little scooters that can only go about 20 mph and you are on hwy 11 and you look back and see 20+ vehicles behind you, then MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, dont just ride up middle of the road, let everyone go around you.
You are fixing to get your azze run over.
sweet scooters

Marion, VA

#3 Sep 9, 2013
vroom vroom wrote:
If you are riding one of those little scooters that can only go about 20 mph and you are on hwy 11 and you look back and see 20+ vehicles behind you, then MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, dont just ride up middle of the road, let everyone go around you.
They make HWY 81 for folks like you! Live dangerously on the highway they even have a fast Lane maybe that'll get your blood boiling!
Sandra

Brookneal, VA

#4 Sep 9, 2013
sweet scooters wrote:
<quoted text>
They make HWY 81 for folks like you! Live dangerously on the highway they even have a fast Lane maybe that'll get your blood boiling!
He is too old to drive on 81. He goes on the back roads because he is a slow thinker like you.
sweet scooters

Marion, VA

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Sandra wrote:
<quoted text>He is too old to drive on 81. He goes on the back roads because he is a slow thinker like you.
Possibly the bleach I use in my hair makes me such a fake blonde slow thinker or is it just YOU! I shall go THINK on that one.
Sandra

Brookneal, VA

#6 Sep 9, 2013
sweet scooters wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly the bleach I use in my hair makes me such a fake blonde slow thinker or is it just YOU! I shall go THINK on that one.
I smell wood burning . You must be thinking.
Scooting by

Marion, VA

#7 Sep 9, 2013
Everyone is in a big hurry to go no where,but when they do pass you they just make a turn as soon as they pass you.
They put peoples lives in danger just to pass you in a no passing zone.
Pedro

Brookneal, VA

#8 Sep 9, 2013
Scooting by wrote:
Everyone is in a big hurry to go no where,but when they do pass you they just make a turn as soon as they pass you.
They put peoples lives in danger just to pass you in a no passing zone.
We know! Isn't that great. They are texting or on the phone as they pass.
Carol

Abingdon, VA

#9 Sep 10, 2013
vroom vroom wrote:
If you are riding one of those little scooters that can only go about 20 mph and you are on hwy 11 and you look back and see 20+ vehicles behind you, then MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, dont just ride up middle of the road, let everyone go around you.
The Roanoke Times had an article in it a couple of weeks back that told of a new law (or update to an old law) that will be addressing this. The article said that after lawmakers were swamped with complaints about these things, they have amended the laws covering farm equipment rules of the road to include these scooters. The new implimentations to the law will go into effect in 2014 and will include that any motor vehicle going 15 MPH under the posted speed limit must pull over and allow regular traffic to proceed without obstruction, any motor vehicle going 20MPH under the posted speed limit will have to be using emergency flashers and all motor vehicles on public roads must be equipped with emergency flashers, all motor vehicles operating on public roadways must have minimal state required liability insurance and be registered, the operator of any motorized vehicle operating on public roadways must be in possession of a valid drivers license, all vehicles motorized or not, that operate on public highways must yield to emergency traffic. All vehicles, motorized or not, that operate on public highways must have and use turn signals and have proper operating head, tail and brake lights.

Anyway, the list went on and on and on but it seems that the scooter operators are going to have to operate under laws governing motorcycles plus laws governing slow moving traffic like farm equipment. The reason being was because of overwhelming complaints received by the state concerning these things and their operators. They abused the rights to be on the public roadways and now they will have to adhere to the same rules and costs as everyone else that pays to legally operate a motor vehicles on the public roadways.
Dan

Tampa, FL

#10 Sep 10, 2013
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>The Roanoke Times had an article in it a couple of weeks back that told of a new law (or update to an old law) that will be addressing this. The article said that after lawmakers were swamped with complaints about these things, they have amended the laws covering farm equipment rules of the road to include these scooters. The new implimentations to the law will go into effect in 2014 and will include that any motor vehicle going 15 MPH under the posted speed limit must pull over and allow regular traffic to proceed without obstruction, any motor vehicle going 20MPH under the posted speed limit will have to be using emergency flashers and all motor vehicles on public roads must be equipped with emergency flashers, all motor vehicles operating on public roadways must have minimal state required liability insurance and be registered, the operator of any motorized vehicle operating on public roadways must be in possession of a valid drivers license, all vehicles motorized or not, that operate on public highways must yield to emergency traffic. All vehicles, motorized or not, that operate on public highways must have and use turn signals and have proper operating head, tail and brake lights.
Anyway, the list went on and on and on but it seems that the scooter operators are going to have to operate under laws governing motorcycles plus laws governing slow moving traffic like farm equipment. The reason being was because of overwhelming complaints received by the state concerning these things and their operators. They abused the rights to be on the public roadways and now they will have to adhere to the same rules and costs as everyone else that pays to legally operate a motor vehicles on the public roadways.
GOOD! If I have to obey ghe traffic laws, pay road taxes, buy insurance and have a valid license to be allowed to operate a vehicle on our roads, then so should they.
Billy Bobs Bro

Brookneal, VA

#11 Sep 10, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>GOOD! If I have to obey ghe traffic laws, pay road taxes, buy insurance and have a valid license to be allowed to operate a vehicle on our roads, then so should they.
You are petty.
Sam

Bristol, VA

#12 Sep 11, 2013
Billy Bobs Bro wrote:
<quoted text> You are petty.
Just the response we would have expected from scooter welfare trash.

Get a license, insurance, pay your taxes and obey the traffic laws like the rest of us have to do....
Carl

Brookneal, VA

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Just the response we would have expected from scooter welfare trash.
Get a license, insurance, pay your taxes and obey the traffic laws like the rest of us have to do....
Why? You jealous? Get yourself a scoot and then you can quit crying. Better than that you can volunteer to pay my ins. and taxes.
Carl

Brookneal, VA

#14 Sep 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>Just the response we would have expected from scooter welfare trash.
Get a license, insurance, pay your taxes and obey the traffic laws like the rest of us have to do....
If you get a scoot you can park it at my trailor. I'll even take you and introduce you around where you can get a little trailor bugger.
Trojan Man

Vesta, VA

#15 Sep 11, 2013
Scooter scooter scooter help me scooter!
new scooter law

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Sep 11, 2013
Responder

Tampa, FL

#17 Sep 12, 2013
Scooting by

Marion, VA

#18 Sep 12, 2013
Responder wrote:
http://wcyb.m0bl.net/r/1na026 #news5wcyb
And that's why mine will do 50
scooters lol

Summerville, SC

#19 Sep 12, 2013
only cooters ride scooters
bbb

Summerville, SC

#20 Sep 12, 2013
Billy Bobs Bro wrote:
<quoted text> You are petty.
they are on a scooter for a reason DWI MORE THAN LIKELY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda at utility 25 min ToTo 8
hunter pearcey (Feb '12) 1 hr wondering 20
come hang out 1 hr FUTURE MAYOR 1
Christmas 2 hr itsallwhoyouknow 2
Another 11 hr apple 1
Florida State 16 hr coach blumpkin 2
whats going down in Marion town 22 hr nort torn 1
Marion Dating
Find my Match

Marion Jobs

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marion News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marion

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]