Visalus Shakes
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
yeah right

La Vergne, TN

#1 Jun 16, 2012
I'm not against people using a shake to lose weight, but I am getting tired of hearing about all the "challenges" to get people to sign up for body by vi to so you can get a "FREE" BMW. What bothers me about this is:
It's not a FREE BMW... after you meet the criteria the company gives you a monthly stipend toward your BMW payment IF you maintain the sales each month. If you don't meet quota you don't get the stipend. If you stop selling the product you stop getting the stipend (which makes sense). Apparantly many people have already run into financial problems and had their BMW's repod because for whatever reason they stopped receiving the stipend and could not afford to keep up with the payments. Some people give the impression that once you get the BMW it is yours forever.
I hope people really do their research on this. I'm not saying that people shouldn't do it, but I think the BMW thing is VERY misleading.
if you’re ALREADY thinking about buying a BMW……and you’re already willing to take on the monthly payment, then why not let Visalus help you pay for it but to go get into a 5-year BMW without the ability to maintain the payments on your own if something happens seems like a bad idea to me. Visalus shakes seems like it's the BIG THING right now, but how long will that last??? Hopefully till these people get their BMW's paid off.
sheila

Strawberry Plains, TN

#2 Jun 16, 2012
I'm SO freakin sick of hearing about it. Jill and Travis Testerman's fat asses just need to stop eating.... And scamming everybody. Ive known 3 people on it and it was a joke. Suck it up, eat right, get your fat ass off the couch, get a job to pay for your own BMW, and go to the gym.....or outside and walk. It's not a hard equation. IF you do lose any weight it will be back soon as you stop the program. Honestly, how healthy are powered vitamins, proteins, etc? How about eating real food! Real fruits and Resl vegetables??? Anyone else agree??
Yep

Earlysville, VA

#3 Jun 16, 2012
I know what yall mean. I see that crap everywhere. As someone that tries to be healthy, these things just dont add up. I checked into it just for the fun of it. The basic start up is around 99 a month, if you actually want results its around 199 a month. You have to mix your own fruit and milk, and not counting your one decent meal for the day, or feeding your family. You are gonna end up with a big ole bill. Secondly, Im sure these shakes will work at first, each one is around 170 calories, if you drink two a day and a healthy meal, you are going to fall far under the 1500 calories a day that is pretty much required to function properly. Ask any dietitian, or nutrition expert. You need healthy fats and calories combined with activity to be healthy. At some point your body will stop responding to these shakes, because you will basically be in starvation mode. When the time comes that you are either bankrupt or just plain hungry, and you start eating normal food again, you will gain back any and all weight you lost, and then some. These things are gimmicks. If you want to pay for a program, go on Weight watchers, at least they seem to teach you to eat properly again. Go to the gym, or just go outside and be active. Plenty of activity and normal balanced meals are the way to be healthy. Losing weight slowly, and steadily is much healthier, and you have a higher chance of keeping it off. This stuff is ok, if you need to lose 20 lbs for an upcoming class reunion, but for people that really need a serious change,you must first change your lifestyle. No shake is going to teach you healthy habits. Also I heard that a local doctor is "pushing" this money trap. Of course she is, she either gets money from the company, or is getting her free shakes and bmw pay lol. Like I said, for a short term goal, of minimal weight loss, its fine, but for real people that want a real change with real results, this is just not going to work.
Amused

Strawberry Plains, TN

#4 Jun 16, 2012
It's actually made my life easier. I dont have to worry about what to eat for breakfast or lunch. I have time to run errands or just relax during my lunch hour. I have a 10 month old that keeps me busy and active, but there's nothing wrong with a little boost. I feel 10 times better than I did before I started the shakes. It's a no brainer that weight loss is and should be a lifestyle change. Eating healthy and exercising regularly should be on everyone's agendas but that's easier said than done. Dieting is hard no matter how you do it. My husband has been very supportive of me trying the shakes and actually 100.00 for 60 meals is not too bad considering what I was spending each week on lunch. So I dont see the point of bashing visalus or any other diet. Some people struggle with weight loss more than others and will probably always search for what works for them. As far as the BMW, that's for people who want to promote the shakes which is not everyone. I'm doing this for myself, not for a car, not for money, not for any other reason than to jump start my weight loss journey!
daisy may

Hermitage, TN

#5 Jun 17, 2012
It's all a big pyramid scheme. If you are going to pay for a diet then do one that doesnt pay for someone else to make money off of your ignorance. There are people that are selling and promoting these shakes that are nowhere near being overweight so right there tells you its all a money making thing. They claim it makes you healthy, well walmart sells vitamins for less than $5 a bottle. Also the fact that you cant just buy what you want, you have to buy 3 months worth is a money making sign. Jill and Travis are regional directors, no one else is going to be able to get that around here. If they do, then the whole pyramid will fall apart and Jill and Travis wont be able to pay for their BMW. There is only so many people that are going to buy shakes in this town and you cant live off them forever. Any diet will work if you stick to it, best one to do is one where you learn from and not just pop open a shake. But if you do pop one open Id say slim fast is probably cheaper and not part of a scheme. Weightloss is not a thing to con people over, its a serious issue that effects people mentally.
Yep

Earlysville, VA

#6 Jun 17, 2012
But Amsused that was my whole point. You are jump starting your weight loss, which is fine. But you just also said you dont have to think about it. What happens when you stop these shakes? Honestly its not a horrible thing for folks that just want to drop a few pounds. But for the people that want to see results they have to upgrade to the more expensive program. They also need to learn healthy habits and proper eating. They are selling this to people that need the most help, that feel like they would do anything to find the fix. And seriously I have never spent 100 bucks eating out for breakfast or lunch in a month LOL. I just dont eat out, and a turkey on wheat dont cost much to take in a lunch bag. I have people in my family that struggle with weight loss. It is hard for them, and gimmicks like this that will give them short term results and leave them broke and no healthier in the long run irks me. There is no magic pill, shake or diet that will fix a lifetime of non healthy habits. That is a slow and tedious change for people. Gimmicks like this make their money trying to sell the easy street.
Turtle Puddle

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jun 17, 2012
And this too shall pass. It's just a fad diet that will shortly be replaced with something else. I am also getting tired of hearing about it.
DIY

La Vergne, TN

#8 Jun 17, 2012
I've read online that you can buy the same ingredients to make your own shakes at half the price at Walmart, Target, or Sams. It may be a little more work, but atleast you would still see the weight loss results without helping the people who are just in it for the money or the BMWs! I hate to see people taken advantage of!
Amused

Strawberry Plains, TN

#9 Jun 17, 2012
I agree with points from all of you but I have even had people who are no where near overweight ask me about the shakes. It may be a fad, gimmick or whatever people want to call it, but people will continue to buy it. That's just a fact. I have struggled with my weight for the past 20 years, but I also know how to lose it without paying for some weight loss program. It's the mentality of anyone who struggles with their weight. We always hope something will make losing the weight easier when life just doesn't allow for 3 perfect healthy meals a day with a side of 30 minutes of exercise. I feel that all diets or programs are misleading in one way or another. hoping people will lose enough weight to motivate themselves to continue even without the shakes or the pills or whatever it may be is a real stretch for some. It mostly depends on each person and how dedicated he or she is to losing the weight and keeping it off. The shakes are not for everyone, but neither is eating a balanced diet with regular exercise. To each their own.
Fatty h

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2012
Hey i lost 50 lbs in 3mths. Been off the shake gai.ed 12lbs back in 4mths. Went off blood presurw meds and still off them. Started diet over Friday and now 4lbs down. Yeah me! It does work! My starting weight over 408lbs. Healthy and active now.
keep up the good work

Hermitage, TN

#11 Jun 18, 2012
fatty --sounds li youare doing gret on urown cntnu o do so.noone neds any frm f drugs o lose weight just a good diet nd execise
welfare

United States

#12 Jun 18, 2012
I started the visalus about a week ago. A week Wednesday... I've already lost 8 lbs. Don't say this stuff don't work until you try it. Visalus offers your money back . You don't have to go for the bmw either.
Allan

Lebanon, VA

#13 Jun 18, 2012
keep up the good work wrote:
fatty --sounds li youare doing gret on urown cntnu o do so.noone neds any frm f drugs o lose weight just a good diet nd execise
WHAT???
Yep

Earlysville, VA

#14 Jun 18, 2012
Welfare, nobody said it doesnt work. It does work, but not for long term goals. When you stop drinking shakes twice a day, you will gain all the weight back. It is great for a short term quick weight loss. But for long term goals and keeping it off, its a gimmick- and a waste of money. Just another fad that will hang around till something else comes along.
fatty h

Richmond, VA

#15 Jun 18, 2012
Sorry about the firs post, but I was on my cell. It is okay that people do not agree with this type of weight reduction. Problem for me is my life is at risk due to the food that I have consumed and my weight gain. I did this to myself. I also have a large family. At on time I was the smallest in my family. I got older and the weight just kept coming and I just kept eating. Now, I am 3rd to laregest in my family. My mother has had many weight reduction procedures and still not experiecing a great reduction in her weight. My sister, on the other hand, has gone from 421lbs to 165lbs. She was wearing size 32 in pants and 6x in shirts which was the same as me back in December. My sister is on Vi and has been for over a year. Yes, she had to learn to watch her intake and calories just as I am doing. My sister has not got the problem of sagging skin because she is young and it went back in place. I on the other hand have sagging skin which is gross, but I am happy to see the inches go. I have lost from size 32 in pants to 26 or 28 and from 6x in mens shirts to 26/28 in womens or 3 or 4x in mens.

Cost is $113.00 a month with shipping. I save that much each week in food expense. I do not put it in the bank, but I go to Wal-Mart and buy something just for me. I am not on food stamps, but I wish that Food City sold the stuff just so everyone would have a chance to try it. Do you know that the mix is donated to hungry children? It doe not have to be mixed with milk. Water can be used and it helps the children not feel so bad and it is healthy.

If you would like to order some just post it here and I will set you up. I do not sale the stuff, but I can help yu to order it. I have a local rep hat I use.

I will drink the stuff each day and not worry about the weight coming back and not about being cut on or going out of town for a shot of some kind of stuff. I will just drink my shake.

I am down 2lbs more today. No BMW feels as great as I do right now.
Cinde

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 18, 2012
fatty h wrote:
Sorry about the firs post, but I was on my cell. It is okay that people do not agree with this type of weight reduction. Problem for me is my life is at risk due to the food that I have consumed and my weight gain. I did this to myself. I also have a large family. At on time I was the smallest in my family. I got older and the weight just kept coming and I just kept eating. Now, I am 3rd to laregest in my family. My mother has had many weight reduction procedures and still not experiecing a great reduction in her weight. My sister, on the other hand, has gone from 421lbs to 165lbs. She was wearing size 32 in pants and 6x in shirts which was the same as me back in December. My sister is on Vi and has been for over a year. Yes, she had to learn to watch her intake and calories just as I am doing. My sister has not got the problem of sagging skin because she is young and it went back in place. I on the other hand have sagging skin which is gross, but I am happy to see the inches go. I have lost from size 32 in pants to 26 or 28 and from 6x in mens shirts to 26/28 in womens or 3 or 4x in mens.
Cost is $113.00 a month with shipping. I save that much each week in food expense. I do not put it in the bank, but I go to Wal-Mart and buy something just for me. I am not on food stamps, but I wish that Food City sold the stuff just so everyone would have a chance to try it. Do you know that the mix is donated to hungry children? It doe not have to be mixed with milk. Water can be used and it helps the children not feel so bad and it is healthy.
If you would like to order some just post it here and I will set you up. I do not sale the stuff, but I can help yu to order it. I have a local rep hat I use.
I will drink the stuff each day and not worry about the weight coming back and not about being cut on or going out of town for a shot of some kind of stuff. I will just drink my shake.
I am down 2lbs more today. No BMW feels as great as I do right now.
And what happens when you go off the shakes this time?
fatty h

Richmond, VA

#17 Jun 18, 2012
I reduce to 1 shake a day to stay healhy and that will cost 58.38 a mounth and I will continue to buy the product. If they stop producing it, I will have learned to eat well and keep the weight down. Each day for me is a struggle without this shake. I do not believe in diets and this is the first ever for me because I have watched so many people get the weight off only to gain back double. Yes, this scares me, but for now I am going to not be here much longer and this shake is a blessing. I am keeping myself healthy by using this product.
La Fonda

Annapolis, MD

#18 Jun 18, 2012
fatty h wrote:
*snip*
Do you know that the mix is donated to hungry children? It doe not have to be mixed with milk. Water can be used and it helps the children not feel so bad and it is healthy.
*snip*
A low calorie, low fat shake mix is not going to help out hungry children. Not saying the company isn't trying to do a good thing by making donations, but they'd be better off donating funding instead of their own product as there are much more nutritionally complete products available out there for "hungry" children and families. People who are starving or nutritionally deficient need vitamins and minerals along with balanced proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. These shakes have some protein and carbs but little else. I also could not find any information on this "donation" program outside of the ViSalus website or the websites of its sponsors.

Whether you use the shakes or not, that's a personal matter. But if you're trying to promote something based on the fact that they donate their own product to vaguely "hungry" children somewhere, somehow, there are better ways to help end the issue of hunger on the world stage.
welfare

Richmond, VA

#19 Jun 18, 2012
Yep wrote:
Welfare, nobody said it doesnt work. It does work, but not for long term goals. When you stop drinking shakes twice a day, you will gain all the weight back. It is great for a short term quick weight loss. But for long term goals and keeping it off, its a gimmick- and a waste of money. Just another fad that will hang around till something else comes along.
Believe me, i wont be going off of this shake anytime soon and im sure i will not gain even a third of it back.
team mate

Scottsville, VA

#20 Jun 18, 2012
I think Travis and Jill do an amazing job at what they are doing. It doesn't have anything to do with money or a FREE BMW, it has to do with getting people more healthy. Dr Quesinberry promotes it to all of her patients, and is behind all of it! It is a wonderful product. My whole family is on it and they are all doing great! It has changed my life in many ways, meeting new people, becoming more healthy, and helping my family financially. I WILL be driving my BMW before long, and you could to! So for all you haters out there, be happy for someone bringing something new to the area, trying to help people get healthy, and everyone has the opportunity to join the team and become a promoter. And if you don't care for the product then why don't you stop being so negative, and bashing people for bringing new hope and opportunity to the area, that you could be a part of to!! i hope that every single person in smyth county joins the challenge soon. everyone can use better nutrition, and afford to save money while getting healthy. Travis and Jill (if you even read this stuff), I can't wait to see you become Ambassadors!!! Your hard work will pay off, and you guys deserve the best!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump and Black People 1 hr joe biteone 11
Walgreens in Marion, VA 1 hr Right 22
Girl at Walmart 2 hr Curious 1
Jason Galliher is a snitch 3 hr Applesmart 3
Long time ago 7 hr Orphelius Pontiac 5
Trouble starting Teacher (Jan '10) 8 hr Weewillywinker 4
Riots 11 hr Lindsey 6

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance