Has your FAMILY went to bed hungry to...

Has your FAMILY went to bed hungry tonight?

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shane Williams

Paducah, KY

#1 Sep 16, 2012
My name is Shane Williams a local resident of Marion, I am doing a documentary on hunger in our area. There are so many ppl in our area going to bed hungry at night, cabinets are empty and if your like me it's time for some answers. Dont be ashmed or embaressed to share your story if you are interested in taking part of this, because by the time im done my hopes is for it to go to WASHINGTON D.C. I want to take them the real truth and find out why nothing is being done about it...In this documentary I plan to film local food banks, families hit by the economy, empty cabinets, but most of all your families story of struggle with food and try to get some answers and some HELP!!! So if your interested in being part of this documentary pls e-mail me your story along with your contact info. to ([email protected])

Again thanks for anyone willing to participate in this documentary, again this is completly voulentary, however if your a red blooded American it's time for some answers so let's ban together, light some fires and see where we get!!!
seems legit

Knoxville, TN

#2 Sep 16, 2012
seems legit
must have

Strawberry Plains, TN

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Shane Williams wrote:
My name is Shane Williams a local resident of Marion, I am doing a documentary on hunger in our area. There are so many ppl in our area going to bed hungry at night, cabinets are empty and if your like me it's time for some answers. Dont be ashmed or embaressed to share your story if you are interested in taking part of this, because by the time im done my hopes is for it to go to WASHINGTON D.C. I want to take them the real truth and find out why nothing is being done about it...In this documentary I plan to film local food banks, families hit by the economy, empty cabinets, but most of all your families story of struggle with food and try to get some answers and some HELP!!! So if your interested in being part of this documentary pls e-mail me your story along with your contact info. to ([email protected])
Again thanks for anyone willing to participate in this documentary, again this is completly voulentary, however if your a red blooded American it's time for some answers so let's ban together, light some fires and see where we get!!!
who goes to bed hungry with all the food banks and food stamps? maybe some innocent children not getting fed, but who is going to report they don't feed their kids?
so hungry hippo irl

Knoxville, TN

#4 Sep 17, 2012
my babies are starving

but i got money for a cpu and internet

lol to the CAT
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Good luck in your quest.
As I watch the news each day.it seems to me that our government is far more interestd in sending billions of our borrowed money to countries to buy guns and kill our people. These middle east countries hate the United States, but we pay more attention to them than to our own people.
I think "Domistic aid" is far more important than "Foreign aid"
I had a call a while back from a lady that wanted me to send $19.95 a month to the starving children in Africa, I said "no" but I will send them a gross of condoms with instructions so they will stop having kids that wind up starving to death, she hung up on me.
Big R

Lexington, VA

#6 Sep 17, 2012
To Shane Williams, you need to post this in the newspaper. I really don't think many have the money for internet, if they don't have money for food. The ones who are proud would never beg or go to food pantry for food. I have heard many stories about parents going without food so that their children can eat. You are right it is a big problem where we live. In our area we are a proud people, brought up not to ask for handouts. You may never hear about the ones who really need help, because they are too proud to ask. I hope that you will be able to get a good report together and get someone to listen to you. God Bless you.

Since: Apr 12

Marion, Va

#7 Sep 17, 2012
My wife and I NEED to go to bed hungry but we don't.
Truth be known

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Sep 17, 2012
I know this isn't the topic, but it reminds me of how all these people, mainly celebrities, are going and adopting babies/kids outside of the usa. This burns me up! Why not adopt these poor children from your OWN damn country FIRST. Look at all the kids in the usa that need homes. These celebrities aren't doing it from their hearts. They're doing it because it is great press material!
just an opinion

Gaithersburg, MD

#9 Sep 17, 2012
starvation is a problem everywhere & really?? you're going to say we just need to help "our people." You could look at a child from another country who is starving & tell them no im not going to help you because you werent fortunate to be born in the usa where we're lucky enough to have things like food stamps, food banks, churches, & GOOD PEOPLE! wow people really do amaze me sometimes, weren't we taught that we're ALL gods children?
Curious

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Sep 17, 2012
Has your family GONE to bed hungry before.....Sorry but if you are going to do a documentary you really need to use proper grammar.
Shane Williams

Paducah, KY

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Just an update here: I understand and rspect all opinions, however this is for the U.S. ONLY...I understand that there is hunger going on all over the world however the U.S. seems to be missed in all of this, there are so many programs out there that send food to all these country's but where do we stand? I guarentee you if you go door to door in the U.S. an ask how many ppl have benifited from these programs such as (Feed the Children) folks are going to tell you no because there focus is on other country's..."Trust me I worked very close with that program for quit sometime in thier corparate office", my goal here is to bring some help here at home! I agree that we have food stamps and food banks, but what ppl dont seem to realize is that not everyone is qualified for "Food Stamp" and as far as food banks they are designed to give out a limted amount of food on certain days of the month, so my question there is..."What is everyone doing for food the res of the time?" Fold are starving right here at home and ppl are just trying to look over it especially our "Government", it's time that it 'STOPS". Once again I thank you all for your opions and I will keep updating this story as often as I get new information, again stories and testomonies are a must have my contact info is included on here and again thanks for your much neeeded support on this "Ongoing" and "Growing" epidemic!!!
Pls send all stories and testomony's to ([email protected]) goal is to try and get the filming process started around Oct.1
Harley T Ford-

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 Sep 17, 2012
The only reason a child in this country goes to bed hungry is because of their sorry ass parents. My God, Obama has handed out enough EBT cards and WIC coupons to feed the whole damn country. Sorry deadbeat parents is the main problem here. If you can't or don't want to feedem, then you have no right to breedem!
urkm

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Sep 17, 2012
Harley T Ford- wrote:
The only reason a child in this country goes to bed hungry is because of their sorry ass parents. My God, Obama has handed out enough EBT cards and WIC coupons to feed the whole damn country. Sorry deadbeat parents is the main problem here. If you can't or don't want to feedem, then you have no right to breedem!
good god get a job man!
caesar

Palmyra, VA

#14 Sep 17, 2012
Harley T Ford- wrote:
Good show H.T. I agree.
impossible prince

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Sep 17, 2012
Is this the same shane williams who wrote over 10 bad checks to the great wall chinese restaurant (as well as Jackie Fisher..rest his soul)? I saw them taped all over the wall there. Do you have children? Is that why you wrote bad checks? Is this the same shane williams who had controlled substance (schedule III) and pled guilty to the felony charges? Is this also the same shane williams who has charges of failing to stop at scene of accident, driving under revoked license, reckless driving, and past due on most of your fines for said charges while being on probation??? I mean, it sounds like you plenty to keep you busy and shouldn't have the time or money to waste filming hungry people.
There are hungry people in Smyth county but most of it is because they are picky, not because they don't have anything. Like another person said :food stamps, food pantries, and WIC are all available. If you don't live outside your means (this means you live in a modest house or apartment and don't drive a car with a $250+ payment) then you can afford to put food on your table. GROW A GARDEN! One good crop of potatoes will feed you for a winter. Instead of expected the government to take care of everyone's woes people need to be self sufficient. There was a time when people grew what they could all summer and then canned and froze everything and ate off of it in the winter. If the amish can live without government help why can't everyone else? If two or three neighbors would get together and make a large garden they could all eat off of it through the winter. Kill several deer and part it out and freeze it. There will be a day when all you can depend on is yourself. Also, I hope you don't just show up and start filming poor people in line for free food at food pantries. That won't get you any respect. These people who do go there deserve to remain anonymous and not be filmed. They have rights to privacy.
Caring People

Strawberry Plains, TN

#16 Sep 17, 2012
I am sure if they are hungry and contact a food pantry or church between distributions they would be feed. I think if you go to these pantries and start filming for your story....the police should be called. Until you've had to stand in a food line you have no idea how hurtful this would be to the clients. Donate to the pantries so they can buy more food if you want to help. They will starve while you wait for the government to act upon you report.
Shane Williams

Paducah, KY

#17 Sep 17, 2012
To prince,I dot know who you are talking about however this is not the same gentlemen...and I have a notion to turn you in for slandering someones name all over then place!!!
20shane05

Paducah, KY

#18 Sep 17, 2012
For ya info this is the shane who has the rocky past an as far an im concerned its none of ya business, bet if someone dug deep enough in your closet they would find a few skeleton's u been hiding, but o well glad u have followed my life so close hell next time your next to me grow some balls and speak up i'll hand ya a camara so you can take some pics since ya like to follow my life like i'm someone famous lol lol lol lol I love a small town! O an just so ya know I have turned my life around since those days so God Bless your poor pathedic soul
laughing at dumb ass

Columbia, SC

#19 Sep 17, 2012
impossible prince wrote:
Is this the same shane williams who wrote over 10 bad checks to the great wall chinese restaurant (as well as Jackie Fisher..rest his soul)? I saw them taped all over the wall there. Do you have children? Is that why you wrote bad checks? Is this the same shane williams who had controlled substance (schedule III) and pled guilty to the felony charges? Is this also the same shane williams who has charges of failing to stop at scene of accident, driving under revoked license, reckless driving, and past due on most of your fines for said charges while being on probation??? I mean, it sounds like you plenty to keep you busy and shouldn't have the time or money to waste filming hungry people.
There are hungry people in Smyth county but most of it is because they are picky, not because they don't have anything. Like another person said :food stamps, food pantries, and WIC are all available. If you don't live outside your means (this means you live in a modest house or apartment and don't drive a car with a $250+ payment) then you can afford to put food on your table. GROW A GARDEN! One good crop of potatoes will feed you for a winter. Instead of expected the government to take care of everyone's woes people need to be self sufficient. There was a time when people grew what they could all summer and then canned and froze everything and ate off of it in the winter. If the amish can live without government help why can't everyone else? If two or three neighbors would get together and make a large garden they could all eat off of it through the winter. Kill several deer and part it out and freeze it. There will be a day when all you can depend on is yourself. Also, I hope you don't just show up and start filming poor people in line for free food at food pantries. That won't get you any respect. These people who do go there deserve to remain anonymous and not be filmed. They have rights to privacy.
Shane, if this resturant has posted your bad checks on the wall.... you need to go in there and take pictures of the bad checks. This is against the fair debt and collections act... its against the law for any business to post someone debt.....
laughing at dumb ass

Columbia, SC

#20 Sep 17, 2012
20shane05 wrote:
For ya info this is the shane who has the rocky past an as far an im concerned its none of ya business, bet if someone dug deep enough in your closet they would find a few skeleton's u been hiding, but o well glad u have followed my life so close hell next time your next to me grow some balls and speak up i'll hand ya a camara so you can take some pics since ya like to follow my life like i'm someone famous lol lol lol lol I love a small town! O an just so ya know I have turned my life around since those days so God Bless your poor pathedic soul
Good for you! Isn't it nice to be the center of attention???? They are so worried about what someone else is doing that they think that their lives are perfect.....

Let me give you my opinion.... go to the schools, see how many free breakfast are being given, see how many free lunches are given... watch them at the grocery stores..... they sell their wic vouchers for whatever they need.... their kids are their meal tickets....not just Marion but anywhere

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandra Delp 1 hr Iknowher2well 17
snitch alert 2 hr Turd taster 3
Support your President 3 hr ToTo 16
Brandy Graham 9 hr Hermie 4
Sue 14 hr Gone in 60sec 7
Isis cowards 22 hr Ham Breath 2
Exterminater sugar Grove Mon Rastas J Budro 9

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance