Horry road costs expand

Some of Horry County's biggest road projects likely will cost more than expected, which has some worried they won't all happen. Read more
CSp

Allenhurst, GA

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Increase the Gas Tax (Like Florida and other States) pass the increase on to the tourist, illegals, under the table workers (don't pay tax) then give a rebate to the locals. Go ahead and make the 707 widening to three lanes both directions, with bike paths and sidewalks , better lights at all insections more reflectors and better lines. Horry Officials don't allow/approve any more encroachment on any of the main roads in Horry, Hwy90, 701, 905, 378, 707, 501, 544, 9, etc;!! I'm sure you will have more than enough money to impove/expand all the roads in Horry County.
jimmyc

Columbia, SC

#2 Jul 24, 2008
I smell another sales tax coming.
Anon

Lexington, SC

#3 Jul 24, 2008
It appears this means the new 1% tax will never go away which I highly doubt anyone thought it would once it was placed into effect.
local voter

Elloree, SC

#4 Jul 24, 2008
It is a bad idea to increase the gas tax until
the county gets good representation in Columbia
where they can get their fair share of the tax
back. Since the residents of Carolina Forest do
not seem interested in electing such a person,
they will have to wait on their roads.
Idea man

Timmonsville, SC

#5 Jul 24, 2008
why does everyone want an overpass??? Theres others types of high flow intersections in the world. I would like someone to look into the intersection in Baton Rouge, LA which was designed after one in Mexico City, its at where 3 very busy streets intersect Sherwood Forest, Airline Hwy, and Siegen Lane. I lived in Baton Rouge for many years and before they redesigned the intersection i would wait at the light some times for 10 min. now last time i visited i didnt even realize that we had already passed through the intersection. It seems to me that this type of intersection would be less costly to build and also cause less of a nightmare during construction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Principal placed on administrative leave (Jul '06) Mar 21 But plug 16
cashier at quick stop Cox creek Mar 8 mandy 1
News Fabrication company expanding, adding 25 jobs i... Mar 2 Arlisa Ham 1
Debate: Marijuana - Marion, SC (Mar '11) Feb 28 love 4
News Florence judge appointed despite criminal past;... Jan '15 Satan 1
Review: Precision C N C Inc Jan '15 former employee 1
Patriot place apartments. Jan '15 Elias21 1
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web