Three killed in Florence crash

Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

Three people were killed early Saturday after a rear-end collision near Francis Marion University, authorties said.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2008
crash

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

what a coward, knowing that people were hurt..
Badger

Pawleys Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

This should demonstrate to everyone the importance of A) wearing your seatbelt, and B) the inheirent dangers of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol. What a senseless, and yet completely preventable tragedy.
Thaddeus Buttmunch

North Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

Always, always wear your seatbelt. Must have been a volvo sport ute to do that much damage.
oldjim70

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

It is that few of us would trust strangers with our money. Yet every time we drive out onto the road we must trust hundreds of strangers with our lives. It is also true that there are those that have chosen to impair themselves with drugs, alcohol being the most common and the most dangerous.

Every drunk knows that they would not get drunk if they didn't drink. Just a month or so in jail for the first DUI might cause them to choose not to be a terrible danger to others.
Donna

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

We were our way home from the beach, thought we make a overnight exit to beat the traffic. We ran up on this wreck minutes after it occurred and it was horrible. I had no clue people were lost in this wreck but we feared that after seeing the horrible fire. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family. So senseless and sad!
Lucas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

We were on our way to the beach and agree in was so horrible. Our prayers go out to the families of those that were lost. It was the most unbelievable wreck that we have ever seen.
Concerned

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Judged:

They don't even need a trial with crap like this. All it does is waste our tax dollars on USELESS IDOTS that take away our loved ones such as this. An eye for an eye. Sorry, just the way I feel.....Put him in the can.
Schoolmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

Noone needs to drink and drive. Yet, I don't have all of the details of this accident. I am a Christian wife and mother, a God-fearing woman, and know that I am not to judge. I don't know if Phillip was plastered or if he'd had a drink, which increased his blood alcohol level, and made him "drunk". There are so many instances where people will have a drink or a few drinks and are not drunk, yet they still get behind the wheel of a car. This could happen to anyone who does this. Drinking is wrong, in the first place, but let's not be too quick to judge.
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

Well he ran away... HE must have felt guily over something instead of remaining to make sure help arrived.
Schoolmate

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Judged:

I have heard that he was found unconscious in the woods. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, he couldn't have ran from the scene.
Advocate

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Judged:

I understand what you are saying schoolmate, but the law is zero tolerance. Even if you have one drink, you should still not get behind the wheel of a car. My mother always told me to watch out for the other driver and now I see why. As a mother, my life and the life of my son are in another person's hands when driving. I wish everyone else would feel the same way when taking the oath to be a responsible driver. God bless all involved in the tragedy.
Reed

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

Judged:

The 9 year old girl was in my class and i hope the 2 survivors are okay
Sam

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2008

I am from Baltimore,MD and this sounds like something that happen to a friend of mine a few years back again in Florence. My heart goes out to the familes.
honest

Kingstree, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Judged:

Everyone needs to stop and ask themselves before judging Phillip how many times that could have happened to them instead of him.He has alot to live with without everyone juding him for the same thing they have done, but were lucky enough not to get caught.My heart goes out to both of the families and may god bless them all.
honest

Kingstree, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Judged:

I didn't mean not getting caught hurting anyone.What i meant was that almost everyone has driven after having a drink .That could have very easily been one of us instead of Phillip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Thu NEW PAIR OF GLASSES 1,146
Florence sc Aug 17 Elizah 2
Review: Windsor Animal Hospital PC - Allen Caus... (Feb '10) Jul 24 Dana Lee Blackman 16
Amanda Pate (Nov '12) Jul '14 Steven 2
Pete monk is the hottest man alive and I want t... Jul '14 Lindsey mctubbybutt 1
Revenge for cash (Feb '14) Jul '14 Billy 2
Small SC Town Rallies For Fired Gay Police Chief Jul '14 ron 1

Search the Marion Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marion People Search