Fisherman Drowns After Boat Capsizes

Fisherman Drowns After Boat Capsizes

There are 11 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 2, 2008, titled Fisherman Drowns After Boat Capsizes. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The Berkeley County coroner's office says an Orangeburg fisherman has drowned after his boat capsized in the Santee River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Obrg Aninal Control

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2008
Rest in Peace Anthony. Ms. B.J. and Ben and your fellow co-workers will truly miss you.
bernard yon

Myrtle Beach, SC

#2 Mar 2, 2008
my condolences to the family for your lost,in the name of the father,the son and the holy spirit,amen!!!!
old salt dog

Columbia, SC

#3 Mar 2, 2008
very sad story, prayers for the family
Reggie

Laurinburg, NC

#4 Mar 3, 2008
Much prayer for the family. This brother was a Faithful Deacon, Choir memeber, and a helpful freind to many.
I love my brother in Christ and I will miss him. He was doing what he loved when God took him home.
Lookup

Laurinburg, NC

#5 Mar 3, 2008
He's in the arms of JESUS fishing for you to get it right with GOD.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Sorry for the families lose. That is a terrible loss.

Next time, remember to let go of the rope.
WColaGal

Columbia, SC

#7 Mar 3, 2008
Wow ClownMan, your sincerity floors me.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of this man.

I would like to know if he was wearing a life jacket and it failed, or came off. This would be an opportunity to educate everyone the use of life preservers when boating.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Mar 3, 2008
WColaGal wrote:
Wow ClownMan, your sincerity floors me.
My sincere condolences to the family and friends of this man.
I would like to know if he was wearing a life jacket and it failed, or came off. This would be an opportunity to educate everyone the use of life preservers when boating.
There COULD have been alcohol involved as well. I have never fallen out of a boat dropping the anchor. The only way to do that is either get tangled in the line or lose you balance. More than likely he was NOT wearing a jacket. very seldom do they fail. Usually to fail they a rotten or under rated for the wearer's weight.

Hey, I am a clown. What do you expect?
Disgusted

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2008
ClownMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There COULD have been alcohol involved as well. I have never fallen out of a boat dropping the anchor. The only way to do that is either get tangled in the line or lose you balance. More than likely he was NOT wearing a jacket. very seldom do they fail. Usually to fail they a rotten or under rated for the wearer's weight.
Hey, I am a clown. What do you expect?
You call yourself a clown but yet you are not the least bit funny.
Mom to Many

Columbia, SC

#10 Mar 3, 2008
If he was fishing without a lifepreserver, I asuume he could swim. Sounds like he might have gotten caught in the anchor line. Terrible accident, prayers for the family and his fishing partner.
LAS

White House, TN

#11 Mar 3, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You call yourself a clown but yet you are not the least bit funny.
If you have nothing better to do with your time than to try and make jokes about something like this then find something. Everyone that goes fishing and has an accident is not always under the influence. I send my condolences to the family. Try and not listen to people like the clown he has nothing better to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McLeod's Farm might be one of the state's fines... Oct 20 SCFarmer 1
Yet another pastor cheats on wife... (May '15) Oct '17 Gotg 3
News SC prison director prepares early release plans (Nov '08) Oct '17 FireFellow44 14
Any way I can get an honest assessment about cr... Sep '17 danman55 1
News Bullying blowhard Newt lacks restraint to be re... (Jan '12) Jul '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 534
Review: Windsor Animal Hospital PC - Allen Caus... (Feb '10) Jul '17 Lynn 17
Early 90s Toy Store May '17 NostalgicB88 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages