Police: Marion woman arrested for neg...

Police: Marion woman arrested for neglecting grandmother

There are 1 comment on the WBTW story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Police: Marion woman arrested for neglecting grandmother. In it, WBTW reports that:

A 97-year-old Marion woman is in critical condition at an area hospital and her granddaughter has been arrested Monday after years of neglect, according to Marion Police Department reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBTW.

Washington Boro, PA

#1 Mar 23, 2009
It all comes down to this. What were you thinking? I have read a lot of differential comments on this subject. Some intelligent and some not so. The point is and was and always will be that this was wrong. I am not judging this woman only God can and will do that. But I have to say something about what is reported. Her only defense has been that her grandmother was mean. Okay maybe she was, heck, maybe very mean! One commentator had the nerve to compare her own situation to that of this woman. I guess in an attempt to get a point across to all of us who have not been in this situation. Well guess what? point NOT TAKEN!! For one very specific reason. Who put a gun to either your head or this woman's and made you care for this elderly, totally helpless(or did not you not see the pictures of this elderly woman?). Honey have you heard of the term if "You can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen?" Well this is obviously what both you and this woman should have done! No one made her take care of this woman! And if all you could offer her was neglect which boils down to downright abuse then have someone else do the job!! Simple see,(duh) I would rather have her put in nursing home or left it to the state who's hands she is in now anyway, than to for YEARS have neglected her. Did she try to enlist the help of others? family, friends, church, some how I doubt this since it is reported by her own admission that she failed to take her grandmom to a doctor in YEARS! AN OLD WOMAN IN HER 90'S BEDRIDDEN WHO HAS NOT SEEN A DOCTOR IN YEARS!! So any one who can turn a blind eye to that is as slack as this woman was and not very smart. Forget what the laws say, how about God's laws huh, you know just for starters let's try the one that says Do on to others as YOU WANT them to do to you, try that one on for size, along with a long list of others. Plain and simple, I do not care if her grandmother cursed her up one side and down the other, If she found herself incapable of taking care of this woman then the right thing before God himself as well as the laws of mankind should have sought her to receive help from others and if she has done that, and grandma continued to be a handful to the point that you wanted to neglect her, then simple call the state and tell them to come and get her. The only reason I think that someone would even want this woman to live with her knowing you could not porvide the care needed and continue to go on neglecting her, is if she did not want the CHECKS TO STOP. And to the commentor who had enough sense to write that this would be no more exceptable to soceity than child abuse again taking care of someone who is totally dependent on you as this woman obviously was of her granddaughter(no matter how mean she was) KUDOS TO YOU! No I am not in this position and hope to never be, but I have enough sense to know that in the event that I should be, and for what ever reason I would feel uncapable of giving the care needed and no doubt deserved of 90+ years then I better put it in the hands of someone else. And society does that in so many areas like adoption of a child. you don't want the child or can't take care of it you give it up to those who can. You have an animal perhaps a dog or cat you give it up for adoption or even take it to the pound. You do not neglect and abuse it!! Well an animal for the most part can't contribute to your wellbeing and neither can a child who has not had the chance yet, and we would certainly look down upon the abuse of either. I imagine that this woman in her 90 years probally did a few things in the care and the raising of this same grandchild.(Maybe even through some rebellious teenage years possibly that many of us may have gone through)I sure went through my own difficult years thank God for a MOTHER WHO DID NOT NEGLECT ME WHEN I DID) and I pray that if she does become MEAN, that I can do better by her than this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pee Dee Paranormal investigates the unknown (Oct '07) Sep 9 joann 23
Hang outs Aug '15 Jcarl94 1
Fencing Academy? Please give input! Aug '15 Lucas 1
Just wanna Say Jul '15 PleaseGirl 1
News SC Democrats want clean Confederate flag bill w... Jul '15 Ecossais 6
News SC prison director prepares early release plans (Nov '08) Jun '15 Scottie 12
Debate: Marijuana - Marion, SC (Mar '11) Feb '15 love 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages