Marysville hospital to close psychiat...

Marysville hospital to close psychiatric unit

There are 17 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Marysville hospital to close psychiatric unit. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The board of trustees of Memorial Hospital of Union County voted unanimously last night to close the hospital's 10-bed psychiatric wing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

olesparky

South Charleston, OH

#1 Jul 24, 2009
what a shame. they do good work there.
tim

Jackson, OH

#2 Jul 24, 2009
How sad that there wasn't opportunity for the public to have input into this matter.
garagejunkie

Gallipolis, OH

#3 Jul 24, 2009
OH.more people on the street,the sick and mentalily ill.seems there are alot of things we as a people seem to cuase love comes with a cost,nobody wants to deal with mentally ill people lest of all family,Think of all the numbers of them out thier.
CHUCKO

United States

#4 Jul 24, 2009
those who voted it closed should be IN IT!
Topper

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 24, 2009
Didn't Union County just increase their sales tax ????
Mark

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 24, 2009
State of Ohio is circling the drain.
Harley

North Ridgeville, OH

#7 Jul 25, 2009
But U.S. can send BILLIONS(OF OUR TAX $)to a Country that has MURDERED approx.5,000 of our MILITARY & all the deaths on 911,and plenty of aid to other Countrys,yet they're closing OUR MENTAL HOSPITALS{THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP THATS WHY THEY'RE THERE!}, OUR SCHOOLS, REPOING OUR HOMES, ETC.ETC. ETC. W.T.?. is wrong with this Country?[ALOT!]It should be up to us where our $ goes not some HEARTLESS RICH BOARD...I HOPE SOMEONE IN THERE FAMILYS NEED HELP&CANT GET IT!
Swinging Sam

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 25, 2009
Quit taking your anti psychotic meds there, Harley?
sad sue

Urbana, OH

#9 Jul 25, 2009
wait until their emergency room is full of psych patients in crisis...that will be the worst part.
Whhaaaat

United States

#10 Jul 27, 2009
tim wrote:
How sad that there wasn't opportunity for the public to have input into this matter.
You may be laboring under the delusion that we live in a DEMOCRACY! This sort of decision-making is what happens when health care is for profit, and not for meeting our health needs!
Meow says the kitty

Lancaster, OH

#11 Jul 28, 2009
We have a psychiatric unit? Is it Consolidated Care? When are they closing?
Topper

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 28, 2009
Put slots in the hospitals................
A concerned mother

Dayton, OH

#13 Aug 2, 2009
I am saddend by this closure because The Marysville facility saved my daughter's life, and helped our family start on a new journey to healthier choices. The staff members were professional, caring, and supportive, the therapy treatment plan was excellent, and the facility was very warm and home-like. The Marysville facility and staff kept my daughter safe, and cared for her and I thank God for them. I am sad that this necesssary and excellent resource will close end of Aug 2009.
CKH

Xenia, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2014
olesparky wrote:
what a shame. they do good work there.
Thank you...the staff really did care about our patients and worked hard to educate and improve their lives and situations.
Holly

Xenia, OH

#15 Feb 2, 2014
tim wrote:
The staff nor the psychiatrists where invited to any of these meetings. It was almost understood that we were NOT to be there.
The management of that hospital makes it a scary place to work. As long as the needs of the community results in them turning a profit, then and only then will they support a specific health issue.
Holly

Xenia, OH

#16 Feb 2, 2014
A concerned mother wrote:
I am saddend by this closure because The Marysville facility saved my daughter's life, and helped our family start on a new journey to healthier choices. The staff members were professional, caring, and supportive, the therapy treatment plan was excellent, and the facility was very warm and home-like. The Marysville facility and staff kept my daughter safe, and cared for her and I thank God for them. I am sad that this necesssary and excellent resource will close end of Aug 2009.
It's wonderful to hear of your family and your daughter's success!!
Good luck and God bless!!
animal control

Mansfield, OH

#17 Feb 2, 2014
did he take pictures ov ewe, 2.....?....Baby!

no charge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spirit Halloween Sep 13 Deb 2
Cardington Yutaka Technologies (Apr '13) Sep 5 Sally 222
Frisch's Aug '17 farrelle 4
Anyone know autumn Schwab (Mar '15) Jul '17 Allison 63
Jason Neagles (Jul '15) Jul '17 Bigboy 2
Anybody know terra brewer (Mar '17) Jul '17 Not 5
Terra brewer May '17 Daddyd 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance