Bath Salts Have Police Across Ohio On Alert | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS 64
Police said on Monday that they were instrumental in getting several businesses to pull bath salts off store shelves because of some potentially dangerous ingredients. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Simple

Columbus, OH

#1 May 24, 2011
Stay Classy Marion!
Nomad

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 May 24, 2011
Ajax? i have to try that one out...lol
Shelley

Columbus, OH

#3 May 24, 2011
I thinnk one of the problems is too much information on the media coverage. i was watching this on the news with 2 of my teenagers and it really basically gave kids and teens all the information they needed to go and get it. They didnt say anything about the dangers, just that you could buy it at stiores and it can get you high. I think we have to be very careful on how things like this are given on tv.
Stormy

Troy, OH

#4 May 24, 2011
bath salts = what part of that gave someone the idea to use it as a drug?
I don't understand people, why would anyone want to risk their life for a high? Stupidity surely reigns on those type of decisions!
Svetty Balzack

Westerville, OH

#6 May 24, 2011
Shelley wrote:
I thinnk one of the problems is too much information on the media coverage. i was watching this on the news with 2 of my teenagers and it really basically gave kids and teens all the information they needed to go and get it. They didnt say anything about the dangers, just that you could buy it at stiores and it can get you high. I think we have to be very careful on how things like this are given on tv.
Yep, sure the media is at fault for all of the drugged out kids. Kids learn from their parents! Its the media's fault...or its the teachers fault...or its the video games' fault...or its the governments fault...its everyones fault except the parents.

DO NOT HAVE KIDS UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO RAISE AND TEACH THEM!!!!! Close the legs or use protection...please...pretty pretty please.
So What

West Union, OH

#7 May 24, 2011
At some point it's time to pull the plug on STUPID!!!...if ther is indeed a God, then let Him sort them out!
CaptADW

Twinsburg, OH

#8 May 24, 2011
I have been reading several of the news posts on here and have determined one fact; 10TV needs someone to proof-read the articles before posting them. There are numerous errors in each and every post, from words left out of sentences, misspelled words, to misuse of words.
Please hire a proof-reader so that stories make sense.

Thanks

Since: Apr 11

Hilliard, OH

#9 May 24, 2011
this article does not make it clear that traditional bath salts are not at issue here, and are not being used to get high, nor can they be.

this is a product, generally in small packets, which is labeled bath-salts, but it is not the same thing. It contains MDPV, a psychoactive drug (or similar one)

Stick with a trusted brand if you are in doubt. No reputable company is putting this drug in their real bath salts.
Kilroy

Columbus, OH

#10 May 24, 2011
I put these stupid things in my bath and I didn't get high. What a rip off...
Nature

Columbus, OH

#11 May 24, 2011
This out of lines! If the crackheads want to snort the bath salt that is their problem. Why should I give up my relaxing salt bath just because someone is stupid enough to snort the salt. If they overdose then they deserve to die. What's a few less morons in this world.
Oh cmon

Columbus, OH

#12 May 24, 2011
Those in need of a fix will do anything... I.e. Google "Butt hash"
Tommy

Mount Vernon, OH

#13 May 24, 2011
For the love of God, why won't the Ohio legislature just pass a ban?
Rick

United States

#16 May 24, 2011
I agree nature, if they are gonna get high they gonna find a way let the dummies just kill off themselves
Mad

Lima, OH

#17 May 24, 2011
Why is the news worried about someone getting high on that stuff. Who the hell cares....let them die. I'm sorry but I'm tired of changing my life just so we can hope the drug addicts stay alive. The laws are twisted. They should stop wasting time on these people. We don't do drugs and could care less if they want to die. Also, Parents take charge of those monkeys you are puting out on the streets
Dan

Ridgeway, OH

#18 May 24, 2011
You can get high on Vitamin E if you take a large enough dose!! You also get the runs, but the ones doing it say it was worth the adverse effect! oh well.. so do we outlaw Vitamin E next?
real deal

United States

#19 May 24, 2011
The people now days have NO COMMON SENSE, why would you use baths salts to get high?? Why do you even want to get high anyway, all its doing is turning your brains to MUSH and thats one reason people do not function in this world like they should be doing. Its no wonder they have to make so many laws and have so many bans for things in life cause its aholes like you that can't think and do for yourselves. We live in a world FULL of crackerjacks!!!!
Citizen

Lewis Center, OH

#20 May 24, 2011
It's not bath salts at all. I can't believe they are even legally getting away with selling this. Goodness I have to sign and show my drivers license for allergy medicine. I have seen this stuff at quite a few carry out/gas stations. It's called Posh and some other weird names. Warn your kids this stuff is lethal.
A nurse from lima

Kenton, OH

#21 May 24, 2011
We have had several patients OD on bath salts and be patients at SRMC lately. This is scary. These people really must not care what they do to their body! I would really like to say if you don't care about your body then why should I, but my love for nursing brings me to still care for these people everyday and do it with a smile!
AS IT STANDS

Chillicothe, OH

#22 May 24, 2011
I am glad that they have news coverage of this. There are so many things out there that kids can take, that some parents are not aware of. I do agree that it starts with the parents to raise our kids right. I have a 13-year old and I am not going to say she won't drift, but right now she is a good kid and what I have done to bring her up right has made her that way, but there is always the possibility that she could go a different path. Talk with your kids constantly. Every day every hour if you have to. Know where they are, who they are with and what they are going to be doing. Check up on them. If they come back with a comment that you are meddling in their lives well guess what - we are allowed as that is a parent's right. We as parents is where it starts at. Get involved with your kids lives and meddle - might save a life!
what do we do

Ashland, OH

#23 May 24, 2011
I also work around these patients and they r extremely aggressive. These bath salts are not very pretty. We have had to intibate patients just so they can have a chance. They have even attacked there family at the hospital (before a smart *** comments, before they are intibated). I have told everyone that this is a horrible drug and I agree that they should outlaw it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know autumn Schwab Fri Pizza man 1
cardington yutaka technologies cyt (Apr '13) Mar 23 kit 6
Review: Back In Motion Chiropractic - Dennis Pu... (Aug '09) Feb '15 Denise Lynnette J... 10
CYT in Cardington (Jan '12) Feb '15 Kathy 22
Cardington Yutaka Technologies (Apr '13) Feb '15 Yup welcome to cyt 194
Why Is Marion County Sherrifs Office Not Callin... Feb '15 Phillip 4
Waldo Childcare Feb '15 lorileewerner 1
Marion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]