Troopers Determine Alcohol Factored I...

Troopers Determine Alcohol Factored In Crash That Killed 2 | WB...

There are 28 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Apr 26, 2010, titled Troopers Determine Alcohol Factored In Crash That Killed 2 | WB.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Investigators from the Ohio State Highway Patrol announced on Monday that one of the two drivers who was killed in a crash last month was legally drunk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Learn to think for yourselves!”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2010
Dont drink and drive people.......just don't do it. You will not get away with it forever, eventually you will GET CAUGHT.
This is such a tragic loss of life
G-man

Chiefland, FL

#2 Apr 26, 2010
Condolences to the family of Richard Baker. Hard to believe folks like Mr. Shelton still think they can drive drunk and not cause harm.

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2010
G-man wrote:
Condolences to the family of Richard Baker. Hard to believe folks like Mr. Shelton still think they can drive drunk and not cause harm.
Ditto. It's so frustrating when someone so selfish takes an innocent life. It's just not fair.

Since: Jan 10

Cambridge, MA

#5 Apr 26, 2010
How tragic! God bless all involved. Rest in peace, Justin and Richard. My heart goes out to both families.

“Don't take life for granted...”

Since: Dec 09

Columbus, Ohio

#7 Apr 26, 2010
Stop Broadcasting wrote:
"this crash are tragic and devastating for both families involved" as you said so as part of the families its hard enought to live with this so keep this off your news broadcast so we dont have to keep dealing with more than we are already dealing with.
I do not think keeping if off the news broadcasts will be a good idea. People need to know. Posting information like this does help open eyes for some. Im sorry for their loss, but other families need to be informed.

“I am thankful for every day”

Since: Sep 09

too many to mention

#8 Apr 26, 2010
Where did common sense go wrote:
Dont drink and drive people.......just don't do it. You will not get away with it forever, eventually you will GET CAUGHT.
This is such a tragic loss of life
This is terribly sad. I don't think that drunk ppl realize the damage that they can cause. Something else needs to be done. I drove drunk once, I had no idea that I had driven until I woke up in my driveway with the car out of gas...fortunately, that was enough for me to get it. Not always that simple though.
Bars and clubs should have a limit to how much alcohol they can serve one individual...like use hand stamps or something.
interesting

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 26, 2010
When I read the first story on this there we all kinds of comments saying that the younger driver was probably drinking and driving or texting and driving.

And at the same time there were family members yelling at people for jumping to conclusions and making things up.

I for one am glad the news posted this follow up. It must be hard for the family to swallow, but at the same time it gives definitive answers to all of the speculators and the friends and family of the other man.

Everyone makes mistakes but this mistake took his life, and the life of an innocent family man.
Bodie

Columbus, OH

#10 Apr 26, 2010
Sad but if you drink and drive and kill someone and you survive the penalty should be MURDER with 15 to life the same as if you took a gun and shot the person to death.

“I am thankful for every day”

Since: Sep 09

too many to mention

#11 Apr 26, 2010
Stop Broadcasting wrote:
"this crash are tragic and devastating for both families involved" as you said so as part of the families its hard enought to live with this so keep this off your news broadcast so we dont have to keep dealing with more than we are already dealing with.
This incident is not isolated to just one family.
interesting

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 26, 2010
Maumi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is terribly sad. I don't think that drunk ppl realize the damage that they can cause. Something else needs to be done. I drove drunk once, I had no idea that I had driven until I woke up in my driveway with the car out of gas...fortunately, that was enough for me to get it. Not always that simple though.
Bars and clubs should have a limit to how much alcohol they can serve one individual...like use hand stamps or something.
I disagree with your bar idea. It doesn't take much to be "over the limit."
Bars would lose a lot of money! And a complete stranger/bartender/business shouldn't be held responsible for what you do when you leave.

We just went out this past weekend for a bachelor party and we all got pretty crazy, but everyone had fun, no one started any trouble, and no one drove drunk.
They make taxis for a reason!
There are people out there that can go out and have a good evening and also be smart enough to drive. No reason to punish the good ones...

“I am thankful for every day”

Since: Sep 09

too many to mention

#13 Apr 26, 2010
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your bar idea. It doesn't take much to be "over the limit."
Bars would lose a lot of money! And a complete stranger/bartender/business shouldn't be held responsible for what you do when you leave.
We just went out this past weekend for a bachelor party and we all got pretty crazy, but everyone had fun, no one started any trouble, and no one drove drunk.
They make taxis for a reason!
There are people out there that can go out and have a good evening and also be smart enough to drive. No reason to punish the good ones...
Yea, I know some responsible crackheads that handle their business and cause no problems. Too bad they can't have their drug of choice legalized because back in the day the bad ones ruined it for them...
P CITIZEN

Fostoria, OH

#14 Apr 26, 2010
Drunk driver was called in on ahead of time. Called 911..was put through to Voice Mail..Put On hold...TOO LATE!
Grendl

Westerville, OH

#15 Apr 26, 2010
Consequences. Tragic ones because someone was not responsible to themselves, their family and to society. Death is terribly permanent. Another sad outcome. When will this madness end?
Troll Hunter

Dublin, OH

#16 Apr 26, 2010
P CITIZEN wrote:
Drunk driver was called in on ahead of time. Called 911..was put through to Voice Mail..Put On hold...TOO LATE!
Do you know this as a fact? I would say you do not and are attempting a blame shift. It was the drunk driver's fault this occured- not society's.
Think again

Hopkinsville, KY

#17 Apr 26, 2010
In hearing this story, others may think twice about drinking and driving.
Stop Broadcasting wrote:
"this crash are tragic and devastating for both families involved" as you said so as part of the families its hard enought to live with this so keep this off your news broadcast so we dont have to keep dealing with more than we are already dealing with.
Think again

Hopkinsville, KY

#18 Apr 26, 2010
Calling 911 for a drunk driver is inappropriate and a misuse of resources. To report a drunk driver you should call 1800-grabdui
P CITIZEN wrote:
Drunk driver was called in on ahead of time. Called 911..was put through to Voice Mail..Put On hold...TOO LATE!
Hilton

Vincent, OH

#19 Apr 26, 2010
i'm glad at least the drunk died,what a jerk.
So and So

Portsmouth, OH

#20 Apr 26, 2010
I got really drunk at a bar a week ago. Really drunk. REALLY drunk. I had driven there, and had no other way home.

I made a decision in my extremely intoxicated state.

I took my keys, put them into my trunk, and slept in the back seat of my car. In the parking lot of the bar.

Why could this guy have not made the same decision?

About my keys locked in the trunk? I have one of those little buttons you can press inside my glove compartment that opens the trunk. Thanks GM!
Stop Broadcasting

United States

#21 Apr 26, 2010
Really, well I think that no matter what everything happens for a reason and if god wanted to take these two lives he would have done one way or another. Drinking and driving no matter how bad it is people are going to make that wrong choice to do it. Some people win and some people lose it all depends when god wants to take you. This driver could have just wrecked his car but he wrecked into another drive because God wanted to take these two lives and he would have done it even if this accident didnt accure. So keeping this on the news isnt going to teach anyone. People are simply going to go on thinking this could never happen to them so please leave this accident back on 03/10 both families have dealt with enough reliving that day isnt something they want to go back to. Put your self in their shoes.
Stop Broadcasting

United States

#23 Apr 26, 2010
well lets hope that when one of your family members makes the wrong choice that your not the one to blame. Do you really think that family of the drunk driver wants to feel responsible for the decision of their deceased relative, Im guessing not. So lets think a little before posting something negative about the family. Both families are at a lose no matter the fault of the driver no reason to make either family feel any worse than they already do. Just like back to the day it never mattered the reason of the acciedent because Im sure their were alot of questions but no matter the answer it never mattered to the family because it wouldnt change the outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arica woods (Sep '16) Dec 8 HisCousin 12
News Despite Wes Goodman resignation, Ohio House ope... Nov 28 ron 3
Joe Mathias Nov 28 Jimmy Crow 1
Jessica mcgowan Nov 27 Curios 2
Drugs? (Aug '13) Nov 23 Bigbot 4
John Demark Nov 20 Country Roads 3
Graphic packaging Nov 19 Bigboy 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages