Dever hired as next Minford's superin...

Dever hired as next Minford's superintendent

There are 71 comments on the Portsmouth Daily Times story from Jul 9, 2013, titled Dever hired as next Minford's superintendent. In it, Portsmouth Daily Times reports that:

The Minford School Board voted during a special meeting Monday evening to hire high school principal Barbara Dever as their assistant superintendent, with plans to transition Dever to superintendent at the completion of the current superintendent's contract in December.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portsmouth Daily Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MLIS

Marion, OH

#61 Aug 30, 2013
Minford Mom wrote:
Barb Dever decided a 28 -29 year old young man with NO primary school experience, one year high school principal’s experience and 4 years (at most) of 4th and 5th grade teaching experience was the best person for the job…much better than all the 20 plus years’ experience’ the board member’s wife’ had teaching at the elementary school and middle school. (lost your bet CCD) And much better than another teacher with 9 yrs. teaching experience. Either something underhanded happened or Barb Dever has very poor judgment, either one is not good.  Also...3 board members, Mark Caudill , Becky Theil and Mike Gampp let it happen. Different superintendent ... same results.  If you have employees qualified, you should hire within first. The board gave her a chance because she worked at Minford, but she can’t do the same for other members of the staff. That’s the type of person she is.  Way to support your staff and students!!! FYI, I’ve heard, many of the staff members are not behind Barb! They know her.
Funny you claim Barb had a say so in hiring him considering if you knew how to read the board minutes her legal binding contract of Asst. Superintendent did not take effect until August 1 2013 and you made this post on August 1st???? So how could she have hired him??
Falcon Fred

Greensburg, PA

#62 Sep 2, 2013
MLIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you claim Barb had a say so in hiring him considering if you knew how to read the board minutes her legal binding contract of Asst. Superintendent did not take effect until August 1 2013 and you made this post on August 1st???? So how could she have hired him??
She and the county office lady interviewed him and Barb recommended him. Like the dates in the minutes matter. Shows your ignorance
zookeeper

Brecksville, OH

#63 Dec 3, 2013
The old hag and wonder boy still working the magic
Bobby

Minford, OH

#64 Dec 6, 2013
Wonder boy?
MLIS

Marion, OH

#65 Jan 31, 2014
Falcon Fred wrote:
<quoted text> She and the county office lady interviewed him and Barb recommended him. Like the dates in the minutes matter. Shows your ignorance
I'm sorry But there is a difference between HIRING and INTERVIEWING someone. I just wanted to make the statement she did not Hire him. I'm not quite sure why it is such a monstrosity for you to understand?
Falcon Fred

Johnstown, PA

#66 Feb 1, 2014
She recommended him to the board. Not sure why you want to split hairs here. She and the county lady chose him. One of many awful decisions in my opinion.
A friend

Minford, OH

#67 Mar 25, 2014
I have seen this lady ,be the best Mom ever deal with divorce and remarriage and form a new family...I watched her go from MAth teacher at Votech to MMS vice principal.To High School vice principal ..To high School Principal.. Now she has earned one of the highest titles with Minford School System ...CONGRATULATIONS BARB !!!!! I know you have worked hard to get where you are ..I would gladly send my child back to study under your command...I know you are a hard working reasonable person!!! I know you can be strict on the ones who fall out of line ...That's what it takes to get where you are today !!!! So proud of you !!!!!
A friend

Minford, OH

#68 Mar 25, 2014
Also Falcon Fred...I think I know who you are...Hope you agree with my thoughts on this subject...Closer than you think !!!
Minford

Minford, OH

#70 Jun 9, 2014
Wilcheck don't look bad now lol
Me the awesome

Findlay, OH

#71 Jun 16, 2014
huh
Biff

Marion, OH

#73 Jun 18, 2014
Good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cardington Yutaka Technologies (Apr '13) 12 hr Unknown 218
Trump vote for Mon Ernie 5
Does anyone know what the Iron Order building i... (May '15) May 18 Justme 3
Kartington Raceway public nuisance (Jun '15) May 17 jobo 38
Shelly at Whirlpool (Nov '15) May 15 Lmao 2
Joey Runyon?! May 15 KJK 1
Anyone know autumn Schwab (Mar '15) May 5 No bull 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages