3 Binghamton post offices may close

3 Binghamton post offices may close

There are 14 comments on the PressConnects.com story from May 26, 2011, titled 3 Binghamton post offices may close. In it, PressConnects.com reports that:

BINGHAMTON -- Jeanette Hershowitz received an unwelcome message when she visited the post office on Robinson Street on Thursday: the station, and two others in the city, could close soon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PressConnects.com.

shar

Worcester, MA

#1 May 28, 2011
Why close our local post offices? Limited hours are already in place by these smaller branches. It is much wiser to save Post Office dollars to stop delivering mail on Saturdays. Manpower, and energy savings would be a tangible reduction for all Post Offices. The cost savings in eliminating Saturday deliveries would also reflect in liability insurance (benefits) reductions.
EdG

Binghamton, NY

#2 May 28, 2011
Hey shar, why not do both, shut down Saturday service and close the 3 Post Offices. Maybe the cost of stamps will go down.
jhgf

Binghamton, NY

#3 May 30, 2011
EdG wrote:
Hey shar, why not do both, shut down Saturday service and close the 3 Post Offices. Maybe the cost of stamps will go down.
WOW.. You're worried about the price of a stamp! Life must really suck for you.
pntx

Albany, NY

#4 May 30, 2011
jhgf wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW.. You're worried about the price of a stamp! Life must really suck for you.
Why don't you go suck some stamps so the post offices can remain open?
TardyMarty

Albany, NY

#5 May 30, 2011
Acutally, they were going to close these branches last month, but the notifications got lost in the mail.
Anne Onimous

Albany, NY

#6 May 30, 2011
TardyMarty wrote:
Acutally, they were going to close these branches last month, but the notifications got lost in the mail.
OMG, I hope zeldo wasn't expecting his copy of "S&M Punctured Condoms Weekly" in the mail!
TardyMarty

Albany, NY

#7 May 30, 2011
Anne Onimous wrote:
<quoted text> OMG, I hope zeldo wasn't expecting his copy of "S&M Punctured Condoms Weekly" in the mail!
No problem, he just masturbate to his Justin Bieber poster.

Since: Oct 09

Leiden, Netherlands

#8 May 31, 2011
Anne Onimous wrote:
<quoted text> OMG, I hope zeldo wasn't expecting his copy of "S&M Punctured Condoms Weekly" in the mail!
LMAO !

He might go postal and shoot up the FedEx office for revenge.
Saturdays

Geneva, NY

#9 May 31, 2011
EdG wrote:
I work as a pmr for the post office....if they shut down delivery on Sat.....Mondays are bad enough, with Sunday off. More workers will go do something else and no one is beating down the employment door at the USPS......Monday's, which will affect the rest of the week would turn into a nightmare each week... and then ..throw in a long holiday weekend...no thanks.
ChicagoCorruptio nMachine

Albany, NY

#10 May 31, 2011
Saturdays wrote:
<quoted text>
I work as a pmr for the post office....if they shut down delivery on Sat.....Mondays are bad enough, with Sunday off. More workers will go do something else and no one is beating down the employment door at the USPS......Monday's, which will affect the rest of the week would turn into a nightmare each week... and then ..throw in a long holiday weekend...no thanks.
Oh, come on...this is all part of Obama's hopey-changey thingy...what's not to like? LOL
what

United States

#11 May 31, 2011
Oh no. All the old farts won't be able to sit at home and wait for the exciting visit from their letter carrier everyday. Whatever will they do without their daily pile of junk mail? Who cares. Deliver once or twice a week and call it good enough. It isn't 1950 anymore.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#12 May 31, 2011
Anne Onimous wrote:
we were expecting you to vanish forever.

another old bag bites the dusk
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#13 May 31, 2011
less bills less of the time
Big Brutus

Albany, NY

#14 May 31, 2011
zeldo wrote:
less bills less of the time
I have a big bill for you for services rendered. You can either send me the remittance or I can take it out on you in several different sessions...slowly and tightly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four arrests reported following Rascal Flatts c... Aug 31 RacistFireCrotchB... 3
News 5 charged after undercover investigation Aug 29 RacistFireCrotchB... 1
information please. Aug 28 jovigirl429 1
info please Aug 26 VictorNeeedsDQ 2
News Trial begins for former Macedon Police officer (Jul '09) Aug 21 greece dirty cop 15
Congratulations Hollie Rider and Josh Jimerson ... (Oct '14) Aug 16 Nosey 30
News Strange twist in Newark fire investigation (Aug '09) Aug 6 Newark Supervisor 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages