Weight discrimination almost as commo...

Weight discrimination almost as common as racial discrimination

There are 2 comments on the WBIR-TV story from May 21, 2008, titled Weight discrimination almost as common as racial discrimination. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

Weight discrimination, especially against women, is increasing in U.S. society and is almost as common as racial discrimination, two studies suggest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 May 21, 2008
While some women can't lose weight no matter how hard they try, there ARE some who just 'let themselves go' . . . and it just ain't pretty.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#2 May 22, 2008
Gee, lets see, a grossly overweight woman is walking down the street or riding on some sort of transportation and I'm supposed to, 1. make way for her, 2. feel sorry for her, 3. adjust my life for her. Well it is none of the above. A fat person is a fat person no matter how you dress it. In other words, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coast Guard Investigates Sheen in Lake Ontario Mon sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake ... Mon Fitzpatrick Nuke ... 1
News Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake ... Mon sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard Investigates "Sheen" on Lake Ontario Mon sounds safe eh 1
News Mott's strikers get boost from grocery workers'... (Jul '10) Jun 9 Melysa reid 14
warning about Precision Lawn & Garden (Jun '07) Jun 7 notAFanofPrecision 23
Accident on 350 May 31 Pasquale 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages