Posted in the Marion Forum

The Cats Cousin

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2009
The 'chief' has handed in his notice!
Same old crap

Lincolnton, NC

#2 Nov 3, 2009
Good deal. About dang time! Maybe Steve and Loyd can get a buddy to run it so it will be all in the family. Nothing like the good ol' boy network!
Wary Galker

Morganton, NC

#3 Nov 3, 2009
Ima huveyluble to bees the chef of police.
city worker

Lyman, SC

#4 Nov 3, 2009
i am already hearing the name of Ricky Crisp for the chief's position??? anyone that can confirm that?

“Distrust Elected Officials ”

Since: Apr 08

Rutherfordton

#5 Nov 14, 2009
The silence of the accolades for the chief is quite deafening. Perhaps now the funds allocated to "college buddy" can revert to a person/position actually doing meaningful police work. Perhaps the next chief will actually be a resident of the "City of Marion". Our hopes remain high but our expectations remain stagnant until we see a "Little" different way of doing things. I understand morale for the rank and file is improving at the MPD which is great news.
Why wait to leave, just go ahead and do us all a favor and leave quickly or are the next two and one half months to be used for locating employment for the cronies everyone knows no professional chief will retain? Here is a thought, it will take alot more than 78 days to find them a job so just go ahead and give the people who do the real work a gift rather than a meaningless challenge coin and don't let the door hit your ample rear as you exit. Its customary to give a retiring officer their service weapon but I hear he's getting a camera (if found) and laptop (if the virus is gone). Oh happy day, oh happy day.
Tonto

Morganton, NC

#6 Nov 14, 2009
Question All Authority wrote:
The silence of the accolades for the chief is quite deafening. Perhaps now the funds allocated to "college buddy" can revert to a person/position actually doing meaningful police work. Perhaps the next chief will actually be a resident of the "City of Marion". Our hopes remain high but our expectations remain stagnant until we see a "Little" different way of doing things. I understand morale for the rank and file is improving at the MPD which is great news.
Why wait to leave, just go ahead and do us all a favor and leave quickly or are the next two and one half months to be used for locating employment for the cronies everyone knows no professional chief will retain? Here is a thought, it will take alot more than 78 days to find them a job so just go ahead and give the people who do the real work a gift rather than a meaningless challenge coin and don't let the door hit your ample rear as you exit. Its customary to give a retiring officer their service weapon but I hear he's getting a camera (if found) and laptop (if the virus is gone). Oh happy day, oh happy day.
Chiefy be mad, talking about where he live.

Where you live, QAA?
Rank and File

Princeton Junction, NJ

#7 Nov 14, 2009
Can't help but wonder if secretary Noblitt and "I don't have to work I'm on salary" Spratt are worried about their "positions". These two haven't done any more work than the Fat Ass chief has since he's been here. Both are so far up his ass their new fragance is O D Butthole. If they are looking for a new job I hope they fall flat on their faces. QAA is right, if a professional Chief is hired neither one of these two should be kept. Both are an embarassment to the department.
Tonto

Morganton, NC

#8 Nov 14, 2009
R & R

You are rank

Replying to your own thread

I ask again: Where you live?
real estate

Denver, NC

#9 Nov 14, 2009
I wondered how long it would take for your stupid comments to show up. Give it up, you ain't getting the job.
Rank and File

Princeton Junction, NJ

#10 Nov 14, 2009
Question All Authority is one of the very few who actually seem to be informed & knowledgable of this piss poor choice of a chief. I don't know who conducted the background on this moron but one thing is certainly sure they did not do a very good job. Most all of his SBI coworkers hated this man and were tickled to death when he retired. They only people he worked with that didn't dislike him were the dead bodies at the crime scenes. Then again, it's hard to bore the dead to death isn't it.
not impressed

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2009
Me, I heard he was getting a jump box for his car so when he leaves his lights or switch on, like he does every other day being the man to attend to details that he is, he can send the misses out to jump the battery off since gayescott won't be around anymore. Anybody else hear about how filthy the inside of his house is? QAA is right, oh happy day oh happy day when spongebob floated away
Steve-Truth-Ford Forever

United States

#12 Nov 14, 2009
real estate wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered how long it would take for your stupid comments to show up. Give it up, you ain't getting the job.
Come on you know darn well QAA writes to well and is too astute to be considered for the job. The city manager and city council want a stooge, not an independent thinker. Just look at the last three chiefs they appointed if you want proof.
City Employee

Lyman, SC

#13 Nov 14, 2009
I do hope they will hire someone local.

Changes do need to happen in the top tier of the department meaning three more positions below the chief would most likely not survive a REAL CHIEF coming in.

Spratt and Noblitt for sure would be likely to be moved to walking patrol on night shift under most true "chiefs" as it was pure luck how they ended up in the offices they are now..

Ricky Crisp would make a great Chief but some baggage thats not so commonly known may keep him from qualifying for it...

Darryl Ishikura would probably be a good choice, no baggage, excellent work record, etc. but he probably would not be interested in the job...

Jack Wood is a possibility and his father was a former chief? He has connections and is capable of the job and may be a good choice with his varied experience in law enforcement.

At any rate, hopefully they will move on with it and get the current chief out quickly now that he has announced and get someone in temp that is capable of managing and not merely being a hall monitor...
Evrett

AOL

#15 Nov 15, 2009
Got to have them quilifried people.
Oh mercy, Yes!
Uh, we hear that you pay good money to sing into a can.
bone crusher

Lincolnton, NC

#16 Nov 15, 2009
who are you and what makes you think that you could be chief
Mkf_54 wrote:
I think with my extensive background,also drove a school bus while in school.I used to take names and be the bathroom monitor while in school.I`m the far most quilifried man for te job.I know no one that is going to equil me,thats why I have already got my Chiefy Weify bars and Badge bought.Darn I look good too,I delight in wearing em,looking in the mirrior.
Everett Agin

AOL

#17 Nov 15, 2009
Caint yew reed? He's quilifried!

"WELL I THOUGHT IT SHOULD BE THE ONE WITH THE CAPACITY FOR ABSTRACT THOUGHT.BUT IF THAT AIN’T THE CONCENSUS VIEW,LET’S PUT HER TO A VOTE.I’M VOTING FOR YOURS TRULY."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mental illness, bathrooms and "Transgenders" 10 min Nuts 10
Courtney Rumfelt Fighting Girl While Pregnant 5 hr Billy 6
Wife cheating 7 hr Big John 3
does anyone kno how to get in touch with teigan... 8 hr Just lookn 4
Brick house on Hankins Rd (Jun '12) 14 hr Researcher 33
Rudy Gonzalez Wed Blah blah blah 3
Review: Derek's Muffler And Auto Repair (Mar '12) Wed Grease Monkette 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages